Your favorite 1st round Pick besides Marino? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your favorite 1st round Pick besides Marino?

Sammie Smith. I remember drooling over Smith watching him play at Florida State. I thought he'd be the answer to Miami's problem at RB. But Noooooooo, he turned out to be a colossal bust. He had some good moments, but he never lived up to what I hoped he'd be. I went absolutely bonkers when Miami drafted him. Boy, was I disappointed.
You and me both Brother. A running game was all the Dolphins needed at that point, and wow did he look like a running game at Florida State. I almost lost my voice yelling with excitement. Then I spent years yelling at the television after a fumble, or tackle for loss.

Griese from the old guard.
John Offerdalh was a 2nd round pick but he was our first pick that year since we didn't have a pick in the first round(Hugh Green deal) and he was a great player for us till he got hurt. I believe he made the pro bowl his first 5 years.

Still fairly new to college football and the draft but I remember going crazy when Tunsil fell and we had the balls to pick him. Great pick, shame he was traded but I understand that amount of picks was hard to turn down.

Bob Grise the 1st HOF player drafted by the Dolphins and I think he coulda put up pretty big numbers in a different era. Fun fact Dan Marino's has a career TD% of 5% while Griese has a career TD% of 5.6%. Not bad for a guy on a predominately played on a running team.

Richmond Webb

I really liked Gardener and he turned out pretty well but not what I had hoped for.

Going back through the list it is amazing how poorly they have done in Round 1.

About a 3rd of them still make me mad just seeing their names.

I really wanted us to draft Devante Parker, glad he finally broke out. All the others were just meh. Well Tunsil was a good pick, I didn't expect that. So Parker and Tunsil. And Vontae Davis gets honorable mention.

Back
Top Bottom