Your first Dolphins game in person? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your first Dolphins game in person?

Awesome. I’m praying for the day that the Dolphins make it back to the Super Bowl. I will be paying whatever it takes to get a good seat. Hopefully, it won’t be coming from my retirement account or burial fund.
I always put into my savings jar for last 40 years (I went to 2 XVII and XIX). I say I got enough now if it happens guaranteed. I still have my goal of Super Bowl LVIX as that is when we win it all!

2002 .vs. Denver on Sunday Night Football. Both teams 4-1 and playoff aspirations. Chambers was knocked out of the game. Ricky couldn’t get a lot going against the Denver D. With 1 minute left Jason Elam kicked a field goal to take the lead. Jay Fiedler fractured his thumb and still drove us down the field into field goal range for Olindo Mares game winning FG with seconds remaining. Couldn’t ask for a better experience for a first game at the age of 13. I have still never been to a home game...really hope to do that someday soon.

I was born in WPB two months after the Fins last Super Bowl victory. We moved from WPB to East Tennessee five days before my fourth birthday, and to date I've never made it to an actual game.

Closest I came was in 1985, we were visiting my father's uncle who lived near Atlanta. He was friends with the Shula family (I was told he was Mike and/or Dave's little league baseball coach years prior when he lived in the Miami area). The Fins were in town for a scrimmage with the Falcons, and he took my dad and I to watch (I was 11). I met one of Shula’s sons, but I don’t recall which one (anyone know right off if one or both were assistants in 85?). I don’t really remember meeting any players that day. Somewhere I still have the program.

Keep thinking I’ll go to Nashville sometime when they come up to play the Titans. Glad I didn’t this year. 😳

I’ve been to several UT Vols games (107k rednecks singing Rocky Top is pretty fun!), but honestly I find it easier to keep up with a game on TV. 🤷‍♂️ A LOT cheaper too!

October in 93 at the Cleveland Browns…the game Marino tore his Achilles’ tendon and the reason I haven’t been to a Phins game since

Back
Top Bottom