Your first Dolphins game in person? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your first Dolphins game in person?

Opening day 2016 in Seattle. Gase first regular season game as coach.Coming up from Canada with 2 Seahawks fans I was convinced I may be the only dolphin fan that would show up to a game in Seattle. Boy nothing could be farther from the truth. What I learned that day was Dolphin fans travel extremely well. We were about 16 point underdogs and all pregame and tailgating I’d hear comments from seahawk fans that todays game equaled a bye. Just play we are bound to win they were saying. That was until they found themselves down by 4 with 2 mins to play. Naturally Russel Wilson scores with seconds to go and we lose 12-10. Which was probably a good thing for my well being as my section wasn’t found of me and my cheering by games end 🤣🤣

We would have won had Kenny Stills NOT did this…..for those that remember….

Ill never forget this. Stills made many good plays for Miami, but too much of This, too.

First Dolphins Game was in 1996 when I was 12
Dolphins v Colts, RCA Dome
Marino hurt his leg on the first drive and Bernie Kosar played the rest of the game. We lost unfortunately.

I was a 21 year old South Florida resident (since 1953) and had just been released from a 3 year vacation with my Uncle Sam. It was October 26, 1969 Orange Bowl against the billies. The first of 20 straight games that Miami won against that team (also holding OJ Simpson under 100 yds rushing per game for the entire streak). It was Nick B's breakout game, after being traded to the Fins, and after weeks of talk on local sports radio the he was a bust, too slow and too small. How wrong they were. I purchased his jersey the next day. My first of many.

My first game in Miami was on 11/29/98. Marino threw his 400th TD pass vs the Saints and they stopped the game, briefly, to celebrate the milestone. I was 9 years old. Growing up in upstate New York I would go to the Miami game in Buffalo pretty much every year. I honestly don’t know when my first game was, I’d guess early 90s.

'95 home opener against the Jets. We won 52-14. I was a 13 year old going to my first football game with my Dad and uncle.

Best darn day a young Fins fan could ask for.
I was at the same game. A road trip from NJ. Funny note…bought a t-shirt in the parking lot that said ”Miami has Cox and Beavers.” Bryan Cox and Aubrey Beavers. I’m pretty sure I still have that shirt.

January 30, 1983. Super Bowl XVII. Rose Bowl Pasadena, CA. Age 12.
Awesome. I’m praying for the day that the Dolphins make it back to the Super Bowl. I will be paying whatever it takes to get a good seat. Hopefully, it won’t be coming from my retirement account or burial fund.

Back
Top Bottom