Your first Dolphins game in person? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your first Dolphins game in person?

1984 season. LA Raiders at Miami. Went with my dad. Sadly we lost. But I had a great time. Interestingly that game was featured in a book (25 Years of NFL History). There us a picture of Mike Haynes intercepting Marino, and you can see my dad and me in the background.

October 19th, 1975. Miami Dolphins vs New York Jets; at Shea Stadium. Miami won 43-0. My uncle gave my Dad two tickets to the game as a gift for me. I was 12 yrs old at the time. We sat in the 1st row, 2nd Deck at mid field. A memory I'll never forget.

December 14, 1986 vs the Rams in Anaheim. We won in overtime. It was my first professional sporting event of any kind. Growing up in Northern California and living in Southern California for the past 40 years or so, I haven't been to many games. Total count, 5 away (Anaheim, Los Angeles, Oakland, and San Diego twice) and 9 at Joe Robbie.

First game in Miami? December 9, 1990. An overtime win vs. the Eagles that put us in the playoffs for the first time in 5 years. After being at away games, there was something magical about being at a home game, surrounded by other Dolphins fans. I can still remember vividly walking out of the stadium that night, Queen's "I Want it All" blasting through the stadium, and just spontaneous sudden roars from the departing crowd. Still gives me chills thinking of that moment. Most of my memories of games are really special. Last game I went to was December 4, 2005 comeback vs. the Bills.

I need to get back to a game. It's been too long and I have so many memories. Thanks OP for starting this thread...reminding me of happy times.

11/26/84 vs. the Jets on Monday night, back when playing on Monday Night was a big deal. It was my 11th birthday. First time I was allowed to stay up for a game on Monday Night. Dolphins won 28-17, Marino tied Y.A. Tittle for most TD passes in a season that night (on his way to 48 for the season). Great memory!

Really wish someone had told me we cant buy beer after the 3rd qtr...

Back
Top Bottom