Your first Dolphins game in person? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your first Dolphins game in person?

Pre-season game. 1988. July 31st. Dolphins v 49ers at Wembley Stadium, London. It was my 18th Birthday. The stars aligned I guess. 🙂
P.s Fins won in last few mins in 4th Qtr.

Glendale Arizona 2008

Noodle Arm was terrible
Warner had a perfect QB rating
A Boldin went off
Fitzgerald went off
Game was over in 1st quarter

Next week the Phins launched the WC and walked over the Pats

Living in Jersey my first fins game was 1986 51–45 overtime loss to Jets. Was wild game . My brother and I were totally drained after that one. Emotional roller coaster to say the least!

'86 season opener at SD. We lost 50-28. Both Fouts and Marino went off. A lot of really good offensive players in that game: Clayton, Duper, Winslow, Chandler, Joiner.
Ahhh man...that was my 1st Fins game too! Sat up in the nosebleed section across from the Diamond Vision/Scoreboard. You forgot to mention Gary Anderson jumping over the top for a TD....he got AIIIR and it looked awesome from waaay up there too!

December 20 1975 against the Broncos. I remember Vern Den Herder blocked a game winning field goal by the Broncos at the end.

Opening day 2016 in Seattle. Gase first regular season game as coach.Coming up from Canada with 2 Seahawks fans I was convinced I may be the only dolphin fan that would show up to a game in Seattle. Boy nothing could be farther from the truth. What I learned that day was Dolphin fans travel extremely well. We were about 16 point underdogs and all pregame and tailgating I’d hear comments from seahawk fans that todays game equaled a bye. Just play we are bound to win they were saying. That was until they found themselves down by 4 with 2 mins to play. Naturally Russel Wilson scores with seconds to go and we lose 12-10. Which was probably a good thing for my well being as my section wasn’t found of me and my cheering by games end 🤣🤣

We would have won had Kenny Stills NOT did this…..for those that remember….

Opening day 2016 in Seattle. Gase first regular season game as coach.Coming up from Canada with 2 Seahawks fans I was convinced I may be the only dolphin fan that would show up to a game in Seattle. Boy nothing could be farther from the truth. What I learned that day was Dolphin fans travel extremely well. We were about 16 point underdogs and all pregame and tailgating I’d hear comments from seahawk fans that todays game equaled a bye. Just play we are bound to win they were saying. That was until they found themselves down by 4 with 2 mins to play. Naturally Russel Wilson scores with seconds to go and we lose 12-10. Which was probably a good thing for my well being as my section wasn’t found of me and my cheering by games end 🤣🤣

We would have won had Kenny Stills NOT did this…..for those that remember….

I remember listening to that game on the radio driving back to Denver from a funeral. I was stoked with Gase thinking we had our guy, even though the game ended up in a loss.

This year vs the Bills in week 2. I went with my brother and stayed the entire game because the Bills fan behind said they were going to sit in our seats as soon as we left. Couldn't let that happen so we stayed for the entirety of the worst game of the season.

First game I don't remember much of, it was in 99 or 00 and I was 7 or 8. Played the Bills in Miami and won.
Second was at Jags in 2015, meh game.
Third was Jets at home 2016, Jordan Phillips intercepted Fitz and that was fun.

I'll be going to the Ravens game next year, hopefully it isn't a beatdown.

Dolphins vs Raiders in 2001. I had end zone seats and the final play with Jay Fiedler scrambling for the touchdown happened right in front of me.

I barely remember it, but I was 11 years old or so. It was the 2000 opening day game against the Lions I believe. I recall it being very hot and I was very bored.

The first game I remember pretty vividly was the 2004 home game vs the Jets. I started getting into football heavily that year because I picked up ESPN NFL 2K5 for the PS2 and was running for 300 yards a game with Ricky Williams, and it was my first introduction to this cursed franchise. I've been to at least 1 game a year for most years since 2006.

2006 vs Vikings (W)
2007 vs Raiders (L)
2007 vs Bengals (L)
2008 vs Jets (L)
2008 vs 49ers (W)
2008 vs Ravens AFC Wild Card (L)
2009 vs Colts Monday Night (L)
2009 vs Saints (L)
2010 vs Lions (L)
2011 I don't recall going to a game
2012 vs Titans (L)
2013 I didn't go to a game
2014 vs Chiefs (L)
2014 vs Jets (L)
2015 vs Texans (W) - most fun I've ever had at a Dolphins game
2016 I didn't go to a game
2017 I didn't go to a game
2018 vs Raiders (W) - the picture of Hard Rock Stadium that I use in the game day threads is from that game
2019 vs Washington (L)
2019 @ Buffalo (L) - first road game
2020 vs Chargers (W)
2021 vs Texans (W)

Counting the 2004 Jets game, the Dolphins are 6-13 when I am in attendance. :(

I barely remember it, but I was 11 years old or so. It was the 2000 opening day game against the Lions I believe. I recall it being very hot and I was very bored.

The first game I remember pretty vividly was the 2004 home game vs the Jets. I started getting into football heavily that year because I picked up ESPN NFL 2K5 for the PS2 and was running for 300 yards a game with Ricky Williams, and it was my first introduction to this cursed franchise. I've been to at least 1 game a year for most years since 2006.

2006 vs Vikings (W)
2007 vs Raiders (L)
2007 vs Bengals (L)
2008 vs Jets (L)
2008 vs 49ers (W)
2009 vs Saints (L)
2010 vs Lions (L)
2012 vs Titans (L)
2014 vs Chiefs (L)
2014 vs Jets (L)
2018 vs Raiders (W) - the picture of Hard Rock Stadium that I use in the game day threads is from that game
2019 vs Washington (L)
2020 vs Chargers (W)
2021 vs Texans (W)

Hey but you are doing your part bro. Things will get better

2006 vs Vikings (W)
2007 vs Raiders (L)
2007 vs Bengals (L)
2008 vs Jets (L)
2008 vs 49ers (W)
2009 vs Saints (L)
2010 vs Lions (L)
2012 vs Titans (L)
2014 vs Chiefs (L)
2014 vs Jets (L)
2019 vs Washington (L)
2020 vs Chargers (W)
2021 vs Texans (W)

You kept a diary on the games you went to?

Back
Top Bottom