Your point of view on beating the Ravens... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your point of view on beating the Ravens...

nevermore nevermore!!!!

c-ya rat's the fin's will win, then they will be done at our house then I can eat that spicy cajun cooking again!!!!

Dolphins over Ravens
Dolphins over Patriots
Dolphins over Steelers
Dolphins over Rams

DOLPHINS WIN THE SUPER BOWL!

i dont know about you guys but i dont care how "average" some of you steeler fans think this defense is they scare me. do you remeber last years playoffs they were immoveable and not to mention how bad we picked up blitz's from the bills oh well its gonna make for a heck of a phisical low scoring war that will most certainly end in a 65 yeard touchdown to chris chambers to make the score 10-3

man guys i cant wait just two more days of school and im wacthin the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think the fins can do it................

but not by running lamar up the middle. CHAN NEEDS TO OPEN HIS DAMN PLAYBOOK!:rolleyes:

Thank you 6.My thoughts exactly.We haven't the talent on our O line,and Lamar hasn't the speed to try to wear them boys out.What is the sense of wearing them out in the fourth anyways,if you had to sit through 15 3-and- outs.We need to spread the feild,and make them play honest.

You can not come out and run on 1st down every play when the Ravens are waiting. The Steelers did a great job of mixing the plays up. Long passes on 1st. Draws and screens on some long yardage situations. Their defense is good, and Fiedler will have to be able to throw under pressure. The Steelers held the ball for 42 mins, which is unbelievable. They did it with great play calling and KS playing great. The Steelers also ran for over 100, the only thing they can not do is kick FGs.

The Ravens and Dolphins are pretty evenly matched so the winner will be the team that commits the fewest turnovers. The Ravens should win, but it will be close.

As for the Dolphins winning the Super Bowl, LOL. They ALWAYS choke in the playoffs, why should this year be any different?

Good luck to both teams and hopefully no injuries to either team!
:)

Originally posted by dofnsman4303
i dont know about you guys but i dont care how "average" some of you steeler fans think this defense is they scare me. do you remeber last years playoffs they were immoveable and not to mention how bad we picked up blitz's from the bills oh well its gonna make for a heck of a phisical low scoring war that will most certainly end in a 65 yeard touchdown to chris chambers to make the score 10-3

But this isn't last years defence - it has lost McCrary and the Goose isn't what he was.

Their cornerbacks are very average - that is the route to win. Their safety's are overrated. They do not deal well with misdirection (overpursuit) except for Ray. Love him or hate him he doesn't go away. He was all-world in the Monday night game vs the Steelers.

If you can stop them getting to Fiedler early and get some small success with the running game you will have play action all day.

Line Chambers up on Starkes and throw at him all day.

I still think the running game is the key.Now I'm not saying you need to run up the middle constantly or anything like that but I think Slain is right ,lot's of misdirection.Once those fat slob's get going in one dirrection they can't stop on a dime and go the other way!Run the ball,lot's of misdirrection to wear them down,keep them honest with high % passing underneath so Woodson and Lake key on the underneath pass's then bang them deep for 7!!!

Dead Fish Stink sure is a nice guy isn't he? Can you really listen to a guy like that seriously without laughing? :rolleyes:

Turnovers are the key to the game. The Ravens D can be beat when you're playing on a short field. But they tighten in the playoffs, and not many teams will likely be able to run off a 70+ yard drive.

Goose and Adams are back so running up the middle will not be easy, especially with a second-rate power back like Lamar. The LBers are too fast to try stunts to the outside. You're gonna have to beat us with the pass, and Fiedler's 50/50 on that front. If you get a great performance out of him, you'll likely kill us. If you get one of his other types of performances, we'll probably kill you.

I don't know how physical your receivers are. If they're not physical, it's likely going to be a long game for you. Last year no one could run on us. But many kept trying because the pass didn't work at all either. This was because our secondary hit receivers harder than they get hit by anyone else. Watch some game tape of last year's playoffs and you'll see Ed McCaffrey looking over his shoulder every time the ball was thrown to him in the second half. They've started hitting again in the last few games. If they come out hitting like that, and the Phins receivers can't handle it, Fiedler's in for a long day.

Something you can breathe easy about is the blitz. Marvin Lewis doesn't use it, and it irks the hell outta all Ravens fans. On occassion he does, and often we can get good pressure regardless when Adams and Goose are playing, so you may need to watch for it. But too many times this year we've watched opposing quarterbacks sit in the pocket for 4 or 5 seconds without any pressure.

Chris

Fin are the most conservative D - keeping 2 S back all the time and never blitzing - at least most of the time...

our 2 most physical WR's Gadsden and Chambers are both bang up - so their health is a key to the game.

TO's are of course the key...

Here's my biggest concern about the Ravens. Sharpe.
The Phins I'd say are only average at covering the tight end, especially when he is matched against a linebacker. Thomas is one of the best cover backers in the game but he doesn't have a prayer if Miami thinks Zack can match up with Sharpe (Which I doubt they'll do). With Rodgers being out, I guess Cousin will get the duty? He's undersized, but maybe Marion will have a chance to get a couple picks.

Originally posted by Dead Fish Stink
Pound the middle,wear down the fat slob's,they fade in the late 3rd and fourth quarter's.But you have to be cosistant.
The goose is to slow(ie retirement)and the muderer can't get to the ball as much!

Pound the ball in the middle,don't give up doing this and the passing game will ignite.
Woodson will bite hard on anything if you set him up and Carnell Lake is to slow to cover the deep middle if you disguise it alittle!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hello fin fans, looking forward to a great game on Sunday.

A few things that the steeler fans have overlooked. First, the steelers' o-line is one of the best run blocking o-lines in the game along with the rams, 9ers, and jets. Thier line physically controlled the game from start to finish. I'm not sure that the fins have the type of o-line to do that to us.

Secondly, Sam Adams didn't play in that game against the steelers. Not having Adams in there is like you guys not having Bowens. He usually takes up 2 o-lineman, and is pretty quick to the ball carriers.

Now, the ravens' run D has dropped in the last 3 weeks against the bengals, bucs, and vikings. This has a lot to do with our increased attention to the pass which burned us during the season.

There now seems to be more emphasis placed on defending the pass. Our SS Corey Harris hasn't been cheating to play the run anymore. We now play 6-7 in the box at the most. So, we are a little bit better against the pass, and a little weaker against the run.

Another key will be how Goose and Adams play. Can your interior handle them? If they do, our run D will suffer.

Basically, the ravens will try to make Fielder beat them in the pocket. If he does it, we are toast. If he doesn't, we may just pull this win out.

Back
Top Bottom