Your Pre-Combine REALISTIC top 5 at 14. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your Pre-Combine REALISTIC top 5 at 14.

The more tape I watch, the more mocks I look at, the more in depth I look at this draft, the better I feel about drafting Gordon in the 1st rnd.

In a very unimpressive draft, it's hard to argue Gordon isn't the best player. If you can get the best player in the draft at 14, forget the position and take the guy.

Outside of OT and RB this is a pretty weak draft IMO. I'd even be fine trading our picks for future picks, I don't think well be filling many needs in this draft anyway.

there's gonna be a ton of busts in this class...the depth of this class looks very poor to me

there's gonna be a ton of busts in this class...the depth of this class looks very poor to me

I've even come around on drafting White. This draft just really lacks talent so much so, it's a lot more acceptable IMO to just take the best talent you can find and cross your fingers, even if that means drafting a WVU player.

Agree with you both. This isnt a good draft.

This is easily the least excited I've been for a draft since the Daniel Thomas draft. And coMing off last years draft, this draft is def a huge let down.

The more tape I watch, the more mocks I look at, the more in depth I look at this draft, the better I feel about drafting Gordon in the 1st rnd.

In a very unimpressive draft, it's hard to argue Gordon isn't the best player. If you can get the best player in the draft at 14, forget the position and take the guy.

Outside of OT and RB this is a pretty weak draft IMO. I'd even be fine trading our picks for future picks, I don't think well be filling many needs in this draft anyway.

I would have no issue with that pick. I feel this guy will be in canton one day.

Anytime you have that kind of talent available.......its a no brainer.

i won't be surprised if he goes top ten though......this guy is great.

Agree with you both. This isnt a good draft.

I think it's a good draft for QB at the top, DE/3-4 OLB, WR, OT, and RB. I agree that, in general, the other positions aren't great. Still, I'm not going to cry about a draft that puts out great options at those positions. There are some nice DB's too - just not a lot of 1st RD DB's like last season, though Calvin Pryor should have never been a 1st RD pick.

The wr class is overrated...I don't see a 2014 rookie return from this group...much more raw

Speaking of wr, Nelson Agholor is someone really moving up the ranks for me. His ability to stack up YAC is legit, and something we desperately need. Imo YAC is a major attribute for wrs in todays nfl especially in the 1st or 2nd rnds. Nfl has made it so easy easy for wrs, that finding wrs with special yac ability makes to much sense.

Has a great combination of speed, size, stregth, and unlike a lot of guys who are good w the ball, he can actually catch the deeper ones too.

I def have to watch more of him but right now, I'd put him over Jaelen Strong For sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Thompson OLB
2. Mckinney ILB
3. Waynes CB
4. AJ Cann
5. Kevin White WR

I want a top LB and the others are guys that fill what we need as well.

The wr class is overrated...I don't see a 2014 rookie return from this group...much more raw

Can you think of a WR class even close to 2014 in recent memory? I think this is actually a really good WR class, just in comparison to 2014 it looks overrated. You can't compare this year to the greatest WR draft (potentially) ever.

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

I think it's a good draft for QB at the top, DE/3-4 OLB, WR, OT, and RB. I agree that, in general, the other positions aren't great. Still, I'm not going to cry about a draft that puts out great options at those positions. There are some nice DB's too - just not a lot of 1st RD DB's like last season, though Calvin Pryor should have never been a 1st RD pick.

DB's are the last position on my list to evaluate. I've seen some buzzing over Chris Hackett at TCU, any exposure to him?

Can you think of a WR class even close to 2014 in recent memory? I think this is actually a really good WR class, just in comparison to 2014 it looks overrated. You can't compare this year to the greatest WR draft (potentially) ever.

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

DB's are the last position on my list to evaluate. I've seen some buzzing over Chris Hackett at TCU, any exposure to him?

Agreed on the WR class. Compare it to 2013, where the 1st RD players were Austin, Hopkins, and Patterson - with guys like Allen, Wheaton, and Bailey going later.

Only have impressions on Hackett from watching TCU. Haven't focused on him. Long S, sound tackler, fluid athlete, plays the ball well. Seems like a potential fit next to R. Jones. Again, these are just impressions.

sure i can...the big wrs in last years class were 6 ft 5 the big ones in this one are listed at 6 ft 3 there's a lot more raw looking kids in this class...i like polish when it comes to projecting a wrs impact early that's why i had a jarvis landry a top 5 wr in last years class i dont think miami has the luxury of sitting on a wr given the wr turmoil we have right now...and i see a lot of raw kids that arent ready for the nfl game in the class

and of course everything i look at i'm always comparing to dez bryant as a college prospect who i had as a top 5 grade in that class and is by far the best looking wr prospect on college tape i have ever scouted and possesses the skillset i am always looking for...and there's not anything close to that level talent in this years class...if there was i'd be screaming for it

you got one top guy that doesnt play to his measurables consistently you got another that spends 50 percent of his time behind the los doing nothing but waiting for a late dump off cause of the offense he comes from sure looks to me like there will be a significant transition period there

While I'm not ready to put him as a target at 14 just yet, I think Devin Smith's play and uncanny ability to find holes deep in zones (and ability to catch poorly thrown balls) may have locked him into round 1

Great list. Here's what I have for now:

5. La'el Collins OT/OG LSU -- Depending on free agency, offensive line could be a major need heading into the draft. If that's the case, Collins would be a nice fit in that he can slide inside to LG and be a huge upgrade and also be insurance in case Brandon Albert isn't ready. Albert has to be a concern for Miami. Collins is a player you can run behind all day.

4. Melvin Gordon RB, Wisconsin --- I don't think this is very likely, but can you imagine an elite back like Gordon in Bill Lazor's offense? Lamar Miller is good, but Gordon could really take the offense to another level.

3. Landon Collins S --- Alabama -- The Dolphins secondary needs help and while the team desperately needs a starting CB opposite of Grimes, I think it's too high for any CB at 14. Collins, though, is projected as a top 15 and fits what Miami needs there. He's a heck of a player and could make an instant impact.

2. Kevin White, WR West Virgina -- I put him at #2 because I feel he's more likely gone before DaVante Paker. Love the way White gets the ball, wins the 50/50 battles and makes acrobatic catches. He looks to have a little more speed than Parker, but they are similar prospects. Has been compared to Larry Fitzgerald.

1. DaVante Parker WR Louisvillie -- Like White, Parker wins the battle with the ball in the air. I think he would be a perfect fit for Miami.

Can't we just get them all? God we have a lot of holes on this team.

For a team like Miami that needs a big, physical, tackle breaking back who runs with power... I'd take Kenny Hilliard or Matt Jones later. Somebody is going to get excellent value and a good return on their investment with these two RB's in the middle to late rounds.

Back
Top Bottom