your Ricky Williams jersey | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

your Ricky Williams jersey

I had three, a white authentic, orange authentic and a blue one.
Gave the white one away there gooes a good $300!
Made the Orange one into a nice Chambers Jersey!
and gave the Blue one to the same girl that got the white one!
Never, Ever again, it's gonna be hard for you guys that have to wear one when he trade him to the Raiders! lol

FiN.in.RI said:
It's probably just because of the fact that you will look like a fruitcake for wearing a RW jersey. Outside of the state of FL and unless your a pothead, that is.

Also, comparing Ray Lewis to RW is rather unintelligent and boring. Your diatribe gets a big :sleep: from me. :wink:

Oh.. woe is me...I seek your approval SO much...NOT! :down:

Consideirng the two offenses, your right there is no comparison between Lewis and Williams. Williams gets high like many of the fans who are slamming him, he quit a job he wasn't enjoying, like most of those who are slamming have done, and Ray Lewis and his thug posse killed someone. You don't like that example? Fine pick any number of the wife abusing, drug dealing, spoiled athletes from sports. It don't matter to me.

The point is that this is entertainment. I will leave moral judgement to family's, and churches.

Kids are playing video games full of gore, modern music is full of violence, and everyone wants to get all righteous over Ricky Williams, Please! Liek Ricky Williams and an NFL football is soem sort of social barometer. Ricky did nothing to us personally as fans. If the players are willing to taking him back, who are we to whine about it?

If the Fins won 12 games without him no one cares two cents. But you are blaming him for our season. Well Ricky is not why we only won 4 games. We only won four games because this team has been a paper winner for the last four years. We have had so many holes and so many issues and we were getting worse and worse. We did not suck last year because Ricky last year. We lost because of crappy coaching and insufficient talent.

So you and everyone else needs to get over yourselves and remember what this game is about. It's an entertainment sport and it is about winning.

PS
I sthis now the part where I beg you to approve of me? :sleep:

fin-atic said:
You guys are funny. All this moral hoopla over a football player. Pro sports is one of the most corrupt and selfish industires out there. I assure you that the Fins would have no problem cutting Ricky just as they do any player regardless of what they gave the team. As soon as they are done with them they cut them dry and there is no loyalty to it. Look at Jerry Rice. Ricky leaving may have been the best thing to happen to him. He ws getting his brains beat out behind a crappy offense, a crappy coach, and he was carrying them on his back. His was risking serious damage to keep playing for Wanny and the other idiots. He then gets busted for smoking the hippy-lettuce, and he is now looking at a 4 game suspension, media pressure only to come back and play under those circumstances?

I do not support what he did, but you same moral majority who are whining about Ricky, would celebrate if Ray Lewis came to the Fins, and you would run out and buy his jersey. Heck all he did was kill a guy.

HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD. I have always shook my head at the media and the fans that are all over ray lewis' jock. here you have TO who gets hammered on and called bad for the sport for celebrating in the end zone but Ray lewis is a freakin thug that should be behind bars and everyone loves him. ...oh yeah...lemme guess, he didnt do it right cause they found him innocent.......yeah...I guess OJ didnt do it and Michael Jackson is a great baby sitter.....sheesh.

I cannot wait for Ricky to return.

chillin6776 said:
Three questions
1. Do you have a Ricky Williams Jersey?
2. How many do you have?
3. Will you wear it this year?

for me, I have 4, one college, one white, one orange and one throwback.

I got one white jersey after the 2003 season, never worn. Not sure if it'll ever be worn.

fin-atic said:
Oh.. woe is me...I seek your approval SO much...NOT! :down:

Consideirng the two offenses, your right there is no comparison between Lewis and Williams. Williams gets high like many of the fans who are slamming him, he quit a job he wasn't enjoying, like most of those who are slamming have done, and Ray Lewis and his thug posse killed someone. You don't like that example? Fine pick any number of the wife abusing, drug dealing, spoiled athletes from sports. It don't matter to me.

The point is that this is entertainment. I will leave moral judgement to family's, and churches.

Kids are playing video games full of gore, modern music is full of violence, and everyone wants to get all righteous over Ricky Williams, Please! Liek Ricky Williams and an NFL football is soem sort of social barometer. Ricky did nothing to us personally as fans. If the players are willing to taking him back, who are we to whine about it?

If the Fins won 12 games without him no one cares two cents. But you are blaming him for our season. Well Ricky is not why we only won 4 games. We only won four games because this team has been a paper winner for the last four years. We have had so many holes and so many issues and we were getting worse and worse. We did not suck last year because Ricky last year. We lost because of crappy coaching and insufficient talent.

So you and everyone else needs to get over yourselves and remember what this game is about. It's an entertainment sport and it is about winning.

PS
I sthis now the part where I beg you to approve of me? :sleep:

OK. First let me say the I don't ask you to seek my approval, I gave you my opinion on your statement/post and that was all. I found your post weak and I actually did physically yawn. ;)

Second. I am not blaming last year on Ricky and I could care less about what happened last year because it was last year. I love the thought of Ricky comming back and making our backfield the most feared in the NFL, I'm just not banking on it because of how up and down his personality is. But that doesn't even have to do with this thread, it's about wether or not any of us will wear his jersey.

I own his jersey, yes, but because of his rather embarresing life outisde of the NFL, I will not wear his jersey out in public. Why? I wear jersey's because I like the athelete and his portrayed image to the public. Ricky has a very poor reputation and for that I feel rather uncomfortable walking around with his name on my back.

Fin-atic, I normally enjoy reading your veiwpoints and I think you write some excellent columns. We've gone back and forth on a few things in the past and you should know that I am a rather rational and realist type person. Of course I'm excited about Ricky busting through defensive lines leving safteys in a cloud of dust and scoring TD's. I will cheer for him with all my soul when he's on that football field as I would for any dolphin player, but when it comes to wearing his jersey, I think I'll take a pass.

:ri:

chillin6776 said:
Three questions
1. Do you have a Ricky Williams Jersey?
2. How many do you have?
3. Will you wear it this year?

for me, I have 4, one college, one white, one orange and one throwback.

1. No, gave it to Goodwill
2. Only that one (white)
3. I'd rather wear a Pats jersey

Back
Top Bottom