Zach Overrated: People starting to take notice. | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Overrated: People starting to take notice.

enigmatics said:
Yes. Clearly bigger. Zach's arm muscles look more developed, as expected since he's been in with his team's training program for almost a decade. Again, Zach's physique limits him in the amount of mass he can put on. Vilma can bulk up considerably more, not making him as susceptible to lineman making it out to the second level.

Clearly bigger? Are you serious? I really think Vilma has a restraining order against you or something.

enigmatics said:
Fullbacks? That's because fullbacks whole purpose in life is to block. Zach's purpose is to tackle and any time a team has been successful at getting out into the 2nd level with their O-line, Zach's been neutralized.

You do realize that part of Zach's job is to shed blockers? Despite having big 2-gap DTs infront of him 2 years of his career, he still has to deal with blockers before he makes the tackle. His height helps him do this, believe it or not. It hurts him in certain aspects, but it helps it as well.

Disgustipate said:
Clearly bigger? Are you serious? I really think Vilma has a restraining order against you or something.

........clearly the same one Zach's got on you...............

You do realize that part of Zach's job is to shed blockers? Despite having big 2-gap DTs infront of him 2 years of his career, he still has to deal with blockers before he makes the tackle. His height helps him do this, believe it or not. It hurts him in certain aspects, but it helps it as well.

He has to shed blockers obviously. Does he do it well? When he's got room to maneuver before they're actually up on him yeah. Again I always point to how Kevin Mawae manhandles him. However he's not out there engaging them like that ridiculous fullback comparison you gave me.

whatever you want to say, all the new guys look to him for schooling and respect him, you might want to try doing the same.
I will respect 54 on my team!

PHINPHOURLIFE said:
whatever you want to say, all the new guys look to him for schooling and respect him, you might want to try doing the same.
I will respect 54 on my team!

Geeeez.......... it's really funny when you try to point out one thing and people who gets their panties in a bunch attempt to drag the conversation into tangents it never existed in in the first place.

Here's the memo you didn't get: We're not talking about respect. Everybody and their mother respects Zach Thomas. He's clearly one of the hardest working players in football. We're talking about if the MLB position could have been upgraded earlier and Zach's limitations as a football player due to his short stature.

Disgustipate said:
No, it's not. Not when a team is running straight at you and suceeding, and you are ****ting the bed in coverage while doing it.

Uhh, the 2nd to last game, Cleveland?

So you will credit Thomas for making tackles and tackling 4 5 yards down the field but you won't credit Hendricks? That is lame.

The Phins have a career winning record without Thomas. 2 lossed without him came when Surtain missed a game as well.

In that game Hendricks had 18 tackles with 14 being solo.
Thomas had 18 tackles against Cleveland however only 9 were solo.
Thomas had 19 the year before buy only 12 were solo.
Thomas had 16 tackles in a game in 2002 with 11 solo.

So in the last 5 season Thomas has started over 50 games. He has had 3 15+ tackle games.

Hendricks starts 3 games in 3 years with Miami and records 18 in one of those 3.

Also, Zack in his 15+ tackle games needed help where as Hendricks made more solo tackles.

Now let's take a look at the time derrick Pope wa sin last year as starter.

We won 2 out of 4 games while he provided sacks, Forced fumbles, a TD,. oF OUT 2 LOSSES we lost by 3 to Denver and up till the 4th we were playing even with Buffalo.

You know when you look at the statistics and outcomes of the game, we dfidn't miss Zack at all.

So the history has shown that when you fill somebody in Zacks place they put up good numbers as well.

You cannot deny that. That is a fact.

You need to live with the fact that any LB'ER that is decent will thrive in the system we had.

Once again I proved how in crucial moments Zack Thomas failed or in big games he became obsolete.

In respect to the poster who mentioned the Atlanta Falcons game. I will say this, your memory serves you wrong my friend. First off, we should have never been in that positon. Thomas and the defense blew a 21-0 halftime lead so that is a horrible example first off. 2ndly, both times those were assisted tackles. One of them Vick got spun backwards and was moving lateral and Thomas finished him off. The 2nd Vick was already wrapped up and Thomas just finished him off. Niether one of those plays was he the hero. He would have been out of place and a step slow AGAIN had our DT'S not wrapped up and delayed Vick.

However, I will give him props for atleast being able to finish Vick off. He is hard to bring down. Thomas gets credit for that, but it wasn't his play that stopped Vick.

By the way, the reason I brought up Hendricks and Thomas's solo tackles was simple.

Hendricks had 14 solo tackles in that game. Not one time in Thomas's 10 year career has he had 14 solo tackles.

Take care.

Also those of you just simply saying that he has heart. Well if that's the case he doesn't even come close to that of Jay Fiedler and Fiedler would be in the hall of fame right now.

enigmatics said:
He has to shed blockers obviously. Does he do it well? When he's got room to maneuver before they're actually up on him yeah. Again I always point to how Kevin Mawae manhandles him. However he's not out there engaging them like that ridiculous fullback comparison you gave me.

Watch game tape. Btw, Kevin Mawae always manhandles him? Uh, no. He's definately had success, but that's when the Dolphins are fronting 280 pound defensive tackles. When the 2-gap run defenders were there, Mawae was busy trying to help his guards open running lanes. Didnt work, though.

Disgustipate said:
Watch game tape. Btw, Kevin Mawae always manhandles him? Uh, no. He's definately had success, but that's when the Dolphins are fronting 280 pound defensive tackles. When the 2-gap run defenders were there, Mawae was busy trying to help his guards open running lanes. Didnt work, though.

I've seen the games. Network analysts always made the biggest deal about it whenever Curtis Martin went off against us.

GRYPHONK said:
In that game Hendricks had 18 tackles with 14 being solo.
Thomas had 18 tackles against Cleveland however only 9 were solo.
Thomas had 19 the year before buy only 12 were solo.
Thomas had 16 tackles in a game in 2002 with 11 solo.

So in the last 5 season Thomas has started over 50 games. He has had 3 15+ tackle games.

Hendricks starts 3 games in 3 years with Miami and records 18 in one of those 3.

Also, Zack in his 15+ tackle games needed help where as Hendricks made more solo tackles.

Now let's take a look at the time derrick Pope wa sin last year as starter.

We won 2 out of 4 games while he provided sacks, Forced fumbles, a TD,. oF OUT 2 LOSSES we lost by 3 to Denver and up till the 4th we were playing even with Buffalo.

You know when you look at the statistics and outcomes of the game, we dfidn't miss Zack at all.

So the history has shown that when you fill somebody in Zacks place they put up good numbers as well.

You cannot deny that. That is a fact.

What exactly is this magical system we have in place? Please, explain this one to me. Hendricks did not perform nearly as good as you are pretending he did. Pope was surprisingly solid, but still was nowhere near as good as Zach.

Please, explain to me why this system is one where we can plug anyone in to the MLB position? You do realize that Chester and Bowens have only been starting infront of Zach for 2 season, and most of his career he had a traditional Nose Tackle/Under Tackle set up in Bowens and Gardener?

How is it that Zach Thomas can still be top 5 in Tackles last season? Mind you, that Chester and Bowens played a combined 1 1/2 games. For most of the season, Wannstedt had the 290 and 280 pound Dts playing 2-gap over Guard with the 260 pound DEs lined up outside of tackle or TE? Our D-line averaged 270something pounds.

GRYPHONK said:
In respect to the poster who mentioned the Atlanta Falcons game. I will say this, your memory serves you wrong my friend. First off, we should have never been in that positon. Thomas and the defense blew a 21-0 halftime lead so that is a horrible example first off. 2ndly, both times those were assisted tackles. One of them Vick got spun backwards and was moving lateral and Thomas finished him off. The 2nd Vick was already wrapped up and Thomas just finished him off. Niether one of those plays was he the hero. He would have been out of place and a step slow AGAIN had our DT'S not wrapped up and delayed Vick.

What ARE you talking about? Vick wasnt involved on the goal line stand to end that Falcons game. It was Bob Christianson and Maurice Smith whom Zach stopped from the 1 foot line.

enigmatics said:
I've seen the games. Network analysts always made the biggest deal about it whenever Curtis Martin went off against us.

Are you suggesting, contrary to what I just said, that Mawae had success against Zach when we had the 2-gap DTs(Chester and Bowens)? Because I'll assure you, you saw no such thing.

Disgustipate said:
The Titans were also running straight up the middle at Hendricks, and not to mention his multiple lapses in coverage..
Multiple? I recall only one and that was when he slipped on the field & Calico a WR I might add caught a TD pass.

Why was Hendricks covering a WR?

Dphins4me said:
Multiple? I recall only one and that was when he slipped on the field & Calico a WR I might add caught a TD pass.

Why was Hendricks covering a WR?

Zone coverage? The thing you know, uhh, Zach excels at?

Disgustipate said:
Zone coverage? The thing you know, uhh, Zach excels at?

Oh yeah because Zach's zone coverage abilities enable him to cover wide recievers consistently hahaha......... rigggggggggggggggght.

Back
Top Bottom