Zach Overrated: People starting to take notice. | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Overrated: People starting to take notice.

Disgustipate said:
No, it's not. Not when a team is running straight at you and suceeding, and you are ****ting the bed in coverage while doing it.
By the play by play Tenn only ran about 10 times up the middle.

1st Qtr. Tenn Ran up the mid. 5 times . Hendricks had 1/2 tackle.
2nd Qtr. Tenn Ran up the mid. 1 time. Hendrick had 1/2 tackle.
3rd Qtr. Tenn Ran up the mid. 3 times. Hendrick had 1 solo & 2 assisted.
4th Qtr. Tenn Ran up the mid. 2 times Hendricks did not make a tackle

Total yards of those carries. 13, 3, 16, 2=34 yards/3.09 YPC.

Tenn had 38 rushes for the game for a grand total of 101 yards.

Looks like success to me. A 2.7 YPC avg. Now I do not know what you call success, but I'll take 2.7 YPC every time.

The fact is Miami's D struggles the first two possessions, then basically shut the Titans down the rest of the game.

After those two possessions, Tenn only had one other that went for more the 26 yards.

So where is this success you are referring too?

Dphins4me said:
By the play by play Tenn only ran about 10 times up the middle.

1st Qtr. Tenn Ran up the mid. 5 times . Hendricks had 1/2 tackle.
2nd Qtr. Tenn Ran up the mid. 1 time. Hendrick had 1/2 tackle.
3rd Qtr. Tenn Ran up the mid. 3 times. Hendrick had 1 solo & 2 assisted.
4th Qtr. Tenn Ran up the mid. 2 times Hendricks did not make a tackle

Total yards of those carries. 13, 3, 16, 2=34 yards/3.09 YPC.

Tenn had 38 rushes for the game for a grand total of 101 yards.

Looks like success to me. A 2.7 YPC avg. Now I do not know what you call success, but I'll take 2.7 YPC every time.

The fact is Miami's D struggles the first two possessions, then basically shut the Titans down the rest of the game.

After those two possessions, Tenn only had one other that went for more the 26 yards.

So where is this success you are referring too?

The Titans opening drive they ran 9 times as they marched from their 18 yard line to our endzone. The game was essentially over at 14-0, and at that point it didnt really matter.

Dphins4me said:
Zach excels at coverage? Again Interesting

Why do I need to explain this 3-4 times? Zach excels at zone coverage, but isnt so great when he needs to cover faster RBs 1v1.

The problem with some fin fans...NO LOYALTY!!
Zach is one of the tops in the league statistically, and numbers don't lie. This is all BS. So many of you are on a perpertual search for the "next great undiscovered jewel" that you will throw every player who has sacrificed for this team under the bus. It makes me want to puke. Zach is one of the best LBs in the league and has been for years. His numbers are right at the top. What more do you want???!!?!?! He can't do it all himslef. I tell you what, give that defense some time OFF the field with any resemblance of an offense and the Fins are wearing rings. ZT deserves not only the few props he gets, he deserves more. And he DAMN sure deserves more loyalty than you people show him. Ungrateful.

Disgustipate said:
Why do I need to explain this 3-4 times? Zach excels at zone coverage, but isnt so great when he needs to cover faster RBs 1v1.

............or crossing wideouts..........or bigger, more athletic TE's ..........

fin-atic said:
The problem with some fin fans...NO LOYALTY!!
Zach is one of the tops in the league statistically, and numbers don't lie. This is all BS. So many of you are on a perpertual search for the "next great undiscovered jewel" that you will throw every player who has sacrificed for this team under the bus. It makes me want to puke. Zach is one of the best LBs in the league and has been for years. His numbers are right at the top. What more do you want???!!?!?! He can't do it all himslef. I tell you what, give that defense some time OFF the field with any resemblance of an offense and the Fins are wearing rings. ZT deserves not only the few props he gets, he deserves more. And he DAMN sure deserves more loyalty than you people show him. Ungrateful.

This ain't about loyalty you dope..... lol .........

We're talking about what exactly Zach's game is good for. We're not bashing him or dissing him like some bitter football idiot.

enigmatics said:
............or crossing wideouts..........or bigger, more athletic TE's ..........

Right. We've pretty conclusively established you dont know what you are talking about.

So as a side bonus, can you answer that bit about Mawae with Chester/Bowens?

Disgustipate said:
Right. We've pretty conclusively established you dont know what you are talking about.

So as a side bonus, can you answer that bit about Mawae with Chester/Bowens?

Right right......... I'm concerned because Disgustipate declares I don't know what I'm talking about......

Repeat the question............

enigmatics said:
This ain't about loyalty you dope..... lol .........

We're talking about what exactly Zach's game is good for. We're not bashing him or dissing him like some bitter football idiot.
You are if you call him "overrated" which this thread does (see title). Fact is every rank I see on Zach has him ranked about 4th or 5th in the NFL which is about right. He loses out in the Pro Bowl balloting each year to Ray Lewis and Bruschi which is probably right. So how is he overrated?? Zach is an awesome LB and one of the tops. He is all over the field and he definitely impacts the game. I think he is far from overrated.
It pisses me off because everyone is looking to trade Zach and or Sam or JT, hell everyone because they think these guys are the problem. Believe me they are not the problem. We were bad, but we shouldn't act desperate.

fin-atic said:
You are if you call him "overrated" which this thread does (see title). Fact is every rank I see on Zach has him ranked about 4th or 5th in the NFL which is about right. He loses out in the Pro Bowl balloting each year to Ray Lewis and Bruschi which is probably right. So how is he overrated?? Zach is an awesome LB and one of the tops. He is all over the field and he definitely impacts the game. I think he is far from overrated.
It pisses me off because everyone is looking to trade Zach and or Sam or JT, hell everyone because they think these guys are the problem. Believe me they are not the problem. We were bad, but we shouldn't act desperate.

Calling him overrated has nothing to do with loyalty. It's in my opinion that many Dolphins fans overrate his importance to our team - and that's not to say he doesn't have some importance. I think that guys like Pete Prisco, who this whole thread is basically about, don't make it clear who they think overrates Thomas ..........which is kind of irresponsible considering the message behind the commentary.

Disgustipate said:
So Zach excels at standing in a small coverage area. Guess that is why KC picked on him all day a couple of years ago.

Dphins4me said:
So Zach excels at standing in a small coverage area. Guess that is why KC picked on him all day a couple of years ago.

Uggggghhhh........they tortured him in that game.

enigmatics said:
Geeeez.......... it's really funny when you try to point out one thing and people who gets their panties in a bunch attempt to drag the conversation into tangents it never existed in in the first place.

Here's the memo you didn't get: We're not talking about respect. Everybody and their mother respects Zach Thomas. He's clearly one of the hardest working players in football. We're talking about if the MLB position could have been upgraded earlier and Zach's limitations as a football player due to his short stature.

whatever.............and i got it!, but thanks coach :shout:

Back
Top Bottom