Zach Sieler gets contract extension through 2023 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Sieler gets contract extension through 2023

Well deserved. He plays hard and has started to flash more and he’s only going to get better.

Great pick up by Flores/Grier.

He's 2nd in the league in sacks and forced fumbles after 10 weeks. I think the window to extend him to a "value" contract is closed.

You might be right but job security is scarce in the NFL. There's risk on both sides in waiting. Plus there's value in money now vs money in 2 years time. An extra year with more money now might work out for both sides. I'm sure his agent is on the phone.

Zach Sieler very good player i'd love to see starting on this line for years He can play DE in a 3/4 or DT in a 4-3 alignment, I would say his biggest strength is how he is able to disengage from his blocker at a moments notice to haul in the RB like he did Chase Edmonds if you watch him as far back as college he would do the same thing to RB's he did to edmonds on a frequent basis.. Guy is very good at getting low, having better positioning and fighting with his hands to get off blocks.. He knows how to play the positioning game, Suh while maybe physically more dominant would often times push himself up which looks good to us casual fans but it was opening running lanes in the process. DT to me isn't about getting sacks or pressures too often its being able to maintain the LOS and occupy blockers.

Someone brought up Bowens and Gardener, The thing with them is people think they push Linemen back and they didn't do that very often especially on running plays, they would hold the line and occupy the Center,LG, and RG taking out the extra blocker .. That freed up Zach to pretty much do what he wanted at MLB and is a big reason he is in the hall of fame.

Bowens also never had more then 5 sacks in a season but to me he is one of the most important parts of the successful defense we ran under his watch and a guy i'd love to see in the fins hall of fame someday.

Back
Top Bottom