Zach Thomas and his Tackles. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas and his Tackles.

fitskin

Starter
Reaction score
Zach has 56 totals tackles after 4 games. He is on pace for 224. (4x56)

Is this a record for a season? and if not what is?

I guess he isnt too small for this D after all huh?

i don't think they even keep a record for tackles in a season, if they do i can't find it anywhere

they do although I forget what it is. there was an article last week or so that said if he kept up his pace he would break solo and combined tackle records.

Overrated my @ss!!! Those are experts saying that now!! Remeber that people.

Tackles are a subjective stat. It is not unheard of for home team stat keepers to bloat home player tackle figures by giving them "assisits" when all the guiy did was fall on the pile....that is a Ray Lewis specialty.

FuturePhin said:
Overrated my @ss!!! Those are experts saying that now!! Remeber that people.

tackes itself is an overrated statistic but no one here gets it. It sounds like he is having an excellent season so far but you can judge that solely on tackles.

jnewmant said:
i don't think they even keep a record for tackles in a season, if they do i can't find it anywhere
Zach is not even leading the league in tackles. He is 3rd behind Vilma and Donnie Edwards of the Chargers.

http://www.nfl.com/stats

nyjunc said:
tackes itself is an overrated statistic but no one here gets it. It sounds like he is having an excellent season so far but you can judge that solely on tackles.
What about his 2 Forced Fumbles, Sack, 6 Tackles for no gain/loss, and pass deflection?

Dolfan5000 said:
What about his 2 Forced Fumbles, Sack, 6 Tackles for no gain/loss, and pass deflection?

That's nice, more impressive than just a tackle that we have no idea where it is or what impact it has on the game.

Back
Top Bottom