Zach Thomas and his Tackles. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas and his Tackles.

nyjunc said:
That's nice, more impressive than just a tackle that we have no idea where it is or what impact it has on the game.
Well, you do if you look at a play by play and see what kind of impact it's making. Soooo yeah... You don't have too much to say about what he's doing other than just tackling...

nyjunc said:
tackes itself is an overrated statistic but no one here gets it. It sounds like he is having an excellent season so far but you can judge that solely on tackles.

yeah, tackles are an overrated stat, because defensive players that can't tackle make it so far in the NFL...:lol: :shakeno:

Dolfan5000 said:
Well, you do if you look at a play by play and see what kind of impact it's making. Soooo yeah... You don't have too much to say about what he's doing other than just tackling...

all I know is I heard how "great" he did against us b/c he had 11 tackles or so but he was nto an impact player that game. Alot of his tackles where downfield OR when the Jets were running out the clock late in the game. If you just look at the tackle #s they are misleading.

nyjunc said:
tackes itself is an overrated statistic but no one here gets it. It sounds like he is having an excellent season so far but you can judge that solely on tackles.

Thats funny, I thought the job of defensive players was to "tackle" the person with the ball??? Doesn't that also mean that he is ALWAYS around the ball?? Or that he reads the plays well? I guarantee that most of them have been 5 yards or shorter... :evil:

JACK@SS!! :goof:

HULKFish said:
Thats funny, I thought the job of defensive players was to "tackle" the person with the ball??? Doesn't that also mean that he is ALWAYS around the ball?? Or that he reads the plays well? I guarantee that most of them have been 5 yards or shorter... :evil:

JACK@SS!! :goof:

Like in the Jet gam where at leats half of his tackles were downfield or when the jets were running out the clock. The stat is misleading, alot depends on the O you are playing and how good yor team si. A bad team will have teams running against them alot and therefore be bale to rack up tackle #s which is exactly what used to happen to us w/ Kyle Clifton. he'd routinely put up near 200 tale seasons but he wasn't great.- it can be a misleading stat.

nyjunc said:

Well, lucky for Zach, it is not just tackles that is making this a special season for him. But you can admit it, that is a very impressive amount of tackles so far for him.

Ray lewis is always around or in the play on D....so hes overrated too iguess...im not sayin zach is lewis....

nyjunc said:
Like in the Jet gam where at leats half of his tackles were downfield or when the jets were running out the clock. The stat is misleading, alot depends on the O you are playing and how good yor team si. A bad team will have teams running against them alot and therefore be bale to rack up tackle #s which is exactly what used to happen to us w/ Kyle Clifton. he'd routinely put up near 200 tale seasons but he wasn't great.- it can be a misleading stat.

It's ok if you undervalue Zach...people have been doing that to him his entire life. That's why he's the stud that he is. You're argument is weak, but if it helps you keep your pride intact, more power to you. The fact is, every tackle Zach makes is valuable. Each time a tackle is made, an offensive play is stopped shy of the endzone, and that makes that tackle relevant. Take away those tackles by Zach in "garbage" time, and maybe the Jets game is totally out of reach, instead of the offense having a good shot at catching up and winning. Like I said, though, keep devaluing him :shakeno:

I remember a few years or maybe just one year when Chris Spielman (ultimate warrior) had over 200 combined tackles.

nyjunc said:
all I know is I heard how "great" he did against us b/c he had 11 tackles or so but he was nto an impact player that game. Alot of his tackles where downfield OR when the Jets were running out the clock late in the game. If you just look at the tackle #s they are misleading.

What ? How many games did you watch this year. Misleading? okay, so than everybody's else's tackles are misleading too? Hunh ? Am I missing something here ? Cb's can have misleading tackles, but a Middle Linebacker. That's his job hes suppose to get tackles, misleading or not..What happens if he doesn't make the tackles? The game would be out of hand. So, tackles can't be that misleading..

unifiedtheory said:
Tackles are a subjective stat. It is not unheard of for home team stat keepers to bloat home player tackle figures by giving them "assisits" when all the guiy did was fall on the pile....that is a Ray Lewis specialty.

Very True. I read that article and the breakdown of the game. Was pretty funny.

nyjunc said:

Well, teams have not established the run against us so far. this year. So, that point is mute!!

nyjunc said:

I agree, that tackles are an overrated statistic. It is one of those statistics that can be very misleading. If the defense runs an offense 3 and out all game the players on that D wont have a high number of tackles simply because the opportunities arent there.

I also agree that Zach is having an excellent season but that it isnt based soley on tackles.

The guy is saying Zach is having an excellent year, just dont take it at that because he has a lot of tackles, he isnt saying Zach is overrated or sucks. He is agreeing guys.

Back
Top Bottom