Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor lobbying for Jim Bates | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor lobbying for Jim Bates

Trouble !

maybe no one else sees it like i do, we are in some serious trouble !
let's take a closer look:

1. piss poor home field advantage
2. no qb at this time
3. subpar offensive line
4. receivers who consistiently dropp balls instead of catching them
5. aging defensive front
6. so so secondary
7. no head coach
8. did i forget to mention, no head coach

beware of bringing bates back, usually when the players like a coach that much and are lobbying that hard, too much of a players coach which could be bad in this inmates running the assulym era we are in today with professional sports with many organizations. those other assistants out there are a question mark and if they hire mularkey we all need to JUMP OFF THE CLIFF !

:peace:

Horrible idea. Does anyone honestly think Bates can outcoach the rest of the teams in the AFC? He's very vanilla and plain. Great guy, but doesn't have what it takes for success in the modern NFL.

Nobody really knows because he never really had a chance, I think he would be a helluva coach.

2. no qb at this time
3. subpar offensive line
5. aging defensive front
6. so so secondary
7. no head coach

beware of bringing bates back, usually when the players like a coach that much and are lobbying that hard, too much of a players coach which could be bad in this inmates running the assulym era we are in today with professional sports with many organizations. those other assistants out there are a question mark and if they hire mularkey we all need to JUMP OFF THE CLIFF !

go check out my threat about Now is the time to start over. We have some problems, but they are fixable, but we need the right attitude and coach, and a retread is not that coach. While we should not totally ignore what players say, they are players and they will play for whoever is the coach. If they dont like it, they can ask for a trade. But especially with guys like ZT and JT, they are old, they are the past, we cannot sacrifice our future for them, team leaders or not.

Taylor and Thomas are still one of the best at their respective positions in the NFL. They each could play another 3 - 4 years and still be very productive. Bates is respected with the Dolphin players, and that means something. Cant hurt to give him an interview.

Gotta get rid of MM though, bring in a new OC as well.

We may not know, but we have a good idea

Nobody really knows because he never really had a chance, I think he would be a helluva coach.

There is a reason he never had a chance. In a league where owners turn over every rock to find competent head coaches and re-hire failed ones again and again, Jim Bates has remained without an opportunity, there is a reason. Just as there was a reason Larry Coker never merited a head coaching job of any kind before the Hurricanes gave him the job out of sheer desperation after Butch Davis left, six-years later, we found out why Coker never merited a head coaching job. Bates was part of the Wannstadt mess. Pass.

2. no qb at this time
3. subpar offensive line
5. aging defensive front
6. so so secondary
7. no head coach

No I don't see it like you, we didn't have a starting QB last year do you think that makes a difference in the outcome of games? Our D was said to be aging going into the 2006 season, they finished 4th overall and were as high as #2 this year. Sub-par Oline??? How about completely decimated with injury Oline??? Saban shuffled the line ten ways to Sunday this year. I don't think Wes had a problem holding onto the ball, and Marty has a solid season. Chris needs to go. Our secondary finshed the season in the top 5 overall, sure we could use a ball hog in the secondary, but we didn't finish top five in the league because we suck. We also finished top 7 in run D, so teams didn't simply run the ball on us all day giving us a top passing D by default, like the Bills. No we don't have a HC, but we could start next year with a better HC then the one we had. Did I forget to metion how easy WH makes it to coach in Miami???

I really don't care who Zack and Mr "I'm pondering retiring" Taylor feel is the right guy for the job.....they'll both be gone in a blink of an eye...We need someone who will love this opportunity, not run for cover when the going gets rough, and have a genuine love for South FLA....I'm sorts sick of NFL retreds, it's time for new blood...Cameron whould be nice, or a coach with an excellent offensive gamebook. :)

Bates?

Great idea, the return of vanilla "play straight up, hope our talent is better then theirs" defense seems lke a good direction to go.

I'll pass.

To those saying JT and Zt are not in the future plans, "WHAT?" wHO HAD MORE TACKLES THIS YEAR AT MIDDLE LINEBACKER? WHO CAN REPLACE TAYLOR THE WAY HE'S PLAYING??????
Do you remeber when Dan used to play? And how you wish you could watch him surgicaly dismantle defenses? Well those times are now with Zach and Jason- ENJOY IT WHILE ITS HERE!

If Capers becomes the HC, then I'd love to see Bates come back as DC. However, as a HC? Hell no.. I admire the spark and energy he brought, but I don't think he has much HC potential at all.

Jim Bates would def make it against the afc teams..he went 3-4 in a season where dolphins had 1 of the hardest schedules...ALSO those 3 wins were blowouts and he had a ****ty QB...Believe it or not Jim Bates reminds me of parcells..he takes 0 crap from no 1 and the players/fans love him....nothing better in sports then morale and the dolphins need that....

agree

I like Bates. Did did a good job here as DC and a pretty nice job, in difficult circumstances, as an interim HC. The players love him and that is worth something. No, you don't make the HC a popularity contest among the players, but it is important for the players to have confidence in the HC and to want to run through walls for him.

The notion that a DC is not or cannot be "offensive minded" is absurd. Shula was originally a defensive-minded coach, but had some of the most prolific offenses in NFL history. Dungy was a defensive coach, but Indy has been pretty "offensive minded." Same for Marvin Lewis in Cincy. Same for George Seifert in SF.

I totally agree....as i read these threads I see a dislike for bates which leaves me shocked because this guy made the last 7 games as interim coach one of the best 2nd halfs of a season i ever watched or listened to...with a dismal QB for the last 5 games of the season that year we were outscoring our opponents by 12 our def was just insane and i thnk this guy can do it....

Couldn't agree more. Zach and Jason should have no say / input on our new coaching situation what so ever. As much as I respect them both as players, they're not in our future plans regardless....

PHINZ RULE!!!!!

What? not in future plans? I sure as hell hope so.

Anyone here think that maybe....just maybe.....the want Bates to coach, because they think he can get the job done ? I'd trust JT's or Zach's opinions over anyone on this board. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom