Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor lobbying for Jim Bates | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor lobbying for Jim Bates

AS long as Bate or any other defensive minded HC stays out of offensive meetings................

And Capers had one of the all-time best GMs in Bill Polian when he was with Carolina. The Panthers went 7-9 and 12-4 in their first two-years, the only two years Polian was GM (he left for Indianapolis thereafter) two years later Capers was fired. Capers is an excellant DC. He is a terrible HC.

Thank you! I watched him every year in Houston, he is a great DC, but that is all he'll ever be. Plus, you just can't be a good HC with a bad toupee like that. :wink:

Not that my opinion matters in the grand scheme of things, but I lobby for Jim Bates too. He was the guy I wanted to be our Coach after Wanny hit the road.

maybe no one else sees it like i do, we are in some serious trouble !
let's take a closer look:

1. piss poor home field advantage
2. no qb at this time
3. subpar offensive line
4. receivers who consistiently dropp balls instead of catching them
5. aging defensive front
6. so so secondary
7. no head coach
8. did i forget to mention, no head coach

beware of bringing bates back, usually when the players like a coach that much and are lobbying that hard, too much of a players coach which could be bad in this inmates running the assulym era we are in today with professional sports with many organizations. those other assistants out there are a question mark and if they hire mularkey we all need to JUMP OFF THE CLIFF !

:peace:

Yeah, I agree. Bates is the wrong guy to lead the Dolphins.

We need a younger coach who can really commit himself long term. Someone with a newer, fresh approach. Bates wasn't even that good as just a Defensive coordinator. Why did Green Bay get rid of him?

Jim Bates would def make it against the afc teams..he went 3-4 in a season where dolphins had 1 of the hardest schedules...ALSO those 3 wins were blowouts and he had a ****ty QB...Believe it or not Jim Bates reminds me of parcells..he takes 0 crap from no 1 and the players/fans love him....nothing better in sports then morale and the dolphins need that....

Jim Bates/Bill Parcells comparison?

Oh my f'ing G.....now I've seen it all. :lol:

If Capers becomes the HC, then I'd love to see Bates come back as DC. However, as a HC? Hell no.. I admire the spark and energy he brought, but I don't think he has much HC potential at all.
I would think the odds of that happening have to be pretty low. Capers is a 3-4 guy and Bates is a 4-3 guy. Hard to imagine they would agree much on defensive philosophies.
Back to the thread topic, hiring Bates would be intriguing. How many times did we look totally uninspired this season. Didn't it appear we completely lacked any leadership whatsoever from the supposed team leaders. I'm sure Saban, with his "i'm in charge, shut up and color" mentality squelched this type of activity. I'd wager that if Bates were to run the show we'd probably see some genuine enthusiasm and exactly what kind of leaders we have on this team. That being said, I think we need to go in a younger direction.

Yeah, I agree. Bates is the wrong guy to lead the Dolphins.

We need a younger coach who can really commit himself long term. Someone with a newer, fresh approach. Bates wasn't even that good as just a Defensive coordinator. Why did Green Bay get rid of him?

greenbay got rid of him for dumb reasons because although we went from 25th ranked defense to 12th we were last in pass yrds allowed per game...but that wasnt bates fault that was freakin ahmad caroll getting blown by..bates is a good coach....tell me sumthing if u ever played sports and u loved the coach tell me that u didnt perform better then you expected of yourself. MORALE is a dangerous thing to mess with

Aggh i am so tired of hearing that Taylor and Thomas are not our future. They are part of it!! They are already grooming some of the young guys like Crowder and Roth... they still have a few good years in them. Shoot after the season JT just had how can we question is ability?! Im selfish, i want them to retire Dolphins. I couldnt handle seeing them in any other uniform. Okay so im done with my rant about them....

I hope to keep Capers as our DC. I think he had some really good schemes this year and keeping him would keep up the good defense we had. I am rooting for the addition of Cam Cameron. Granted we dont know what he can do at the NFL level but he is a very good OC and we wont know until he gets his chance right? We need to focus on the offense for once and i believe he would do that. Personnel wise... i want to trade McMichael and/or Chambers. I have been completely disappointed in both of them and its time for someone new. Peele could be groomed and has the ability to be better and get a new #1 through F.A or draft. Either way, its time for both of them to leave this franchise.

Okay im done with my ranting....

:missmeth:

Horrible idea. Does anyone honestly think Bates can outcoach the rest of the teams in the AFC? He's very vanilla and plain. Great guy, but doesn't have what it takes for success in the modern NFL.

I'v always liked Bates very much, but i have to agree with you on this one.

As Much As I Love Zach And Jt. They Wont Be Here In The Next 2-3 Years.

As much as I love Zach and JT, they are not the future, and while they're input should be respected, it should not be listened to. This team needs a full re-build. Zach and JT are not a part of that re-build. We have to do what's best for the organization looking 3-4 years down the road. Neither one of them will be here in 3 or 4 more years.

:clap:,Couldn't have said it better.We need to rebuild.

If Strahan can play 14 years with the Giants (15 if he stays this year). Why can't Taylor play for 4-5 more years?

I love Jim Bates as a coach....but he's too old to be the Dolphins headcoach...enough of 2-3 years and find a new headcoach....we need a younger man that plans to stay.

I love Jim Bates as a coach....but he's too old to be the Dolphins headcoach...enough of 2-3 years and find a new headcoach....we need a younger man that plans to stay.

Bates is 60 and in great shape - he's a former linebacker - and can certainly coach for five years. I can't see him retiring for health reasons at 63 when at 58 he was chest-bumping Arturo Freeman after an interception.

Then again, we've had such great success with our recent young coaches...

Back
Top Bottom