Zach Thomas: Jets formed wall | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas: Jets formed wall

Why are your guys always running OOB? There should have been a flag on your player two for not trying to get back into the field of play but somehow you guys ignore that. I wonder why?

Keep trying to channel the blame to someone else. It's what people who don't take responsibility for their own terrible actions and opinions do to try and make themselves look better.

You also might want to look at the rule book again because it says the defender can run OB as long as need be as long as they are making an effort to get back on the field of play and with the Jets cover man blocking him just a few yards before contact with your douche of a coach he is definitely within the rules.

You should also be thankful the ref wasn't watching Carroll running OB because there would have been an unsportsman like conduct penalty pinning you within the 10 yard line.

Keep trying to channel the blame to someone else. It's what people who don't take responsibility for their own terrible actions and opinions do to try and make themselves look better.

You also might want to look at the rule book again because it says the defender can run OB as long as need be as long as they are making an effort to get back on the field of play.

what alosi did was wrong in tripping the player but does that mean your player wasn't breaking the rules too?

was he making an effort to get back on the field? NOPE

what alosi did was wrong in tripping the player but does that mean your player wasn't breaking the rules too?

Once again trying to deflect blame to make the situation not seem as bad. Carroll not trying to get back on the field is strictly your opinion. The way I see it is he is heading back towards the field of play and your coach then sticks his knee out because he couldn't reach him from where he was at. The funny thing is everyone associated with the NFL in any type of manner has reacted with the exact same opinion I have. Wow I wonder why that is. Oh thats right because your douche of a coach was in the wrong and Carroll wasn't. Which now means so are you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again trying to deflect blame to make the situation not seem as bad. Carroll not trying to get back on the field is strictly your opinion. The way I see it is he is heading back towards the field of play and your coach then sticks his knee out because he couldn't reach him from where he was at. The funny thing is everyone associated with the NFL in any type of manner has reacted with the exact same opinion I have. Wow I wonder why that is. Oh thats right because your douche of a coach was in the wrong and Carroll wasn't. Which now mean so are you.

I am not trying to deflect anything, what alosi did was horrible. It was disgraceful and as a Jet fan I was completely embarrassed BUT that doesn't mean what Miami was doing was ok.

everyone? really?

"You think this is the first time [a trip] ever happened? Come on," Tasker said. "Guys were always giving me extra shoves. You don't want to see someone get hurt, but it's not a big deal. Why wouldn't you give a guy a forearm shiver? Everyone on the sideline is part of a team and they all want to win. Shoot, even the doctors are competitive.

This quote is from one of the greatest STers ever to play the game.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/23206/steve-tasker-on-sal-alosi-knee-so-what

We spoke to one former NFLer who made stops with three teams, and he says each one pulled the exact same stunt. Inactive players would crowd the sidelines to funnel the gunners inward. "Not on every punt, to avoid being too obvious." But in key situations, like late, close games or when field position was crucial.

http://deadspin.com/5713868/how-tripgate-went-down-and-how-its-practiced-around-the-league

No, there's no excuse for tripping the player(and how do you know he was trying to hurt him rather than just impede him him?) BUT the wall is legal, running out of bounds on your own and staying out is illegal and that is what he did. There should have been 2 flags on that play, one for the trip and one for running OOB and staying OOB which would have been Miami's 2nd such penalty. Instead of worrying about our wall worry about the illegal running OOB on Punts, maybe that is why your punt coverage is so good?

You might want to double check with the NFL on it being legal. Ray Anderson (the VP of football operations for the NFL) said what the Jets did was improper, He said there are protocols about where the players and coaches are allowed to stand , and the Jets' alignmetn was improper. Don't ask for a link, it was a headline on my NFL app on my phone.

You might want to double check with the NFL on it being legal. Ray Anderson (the VP of football operations for the NFL) said what the Jets did was improper, He said there are protocols about where the players and coaches are allowed to stand , and the Jets' alignmetn was improper. Don't ask for a link, it was a headline on my NFL app on my phone.

If that is the case they obviously didn't care enough to make the Jets change that alignment. They will now b/c of the incident but if that idiot doesn't trip the player nothing is made out of this.

I am not trying to deflect anything, what alosi did was horrible. It was disgraceful and as a Jet fan I was completely embarrassed BUT that doesn't mean what Miami was doing was ok.

everyone? really?

This quote is from one of the greatest STers ever to play the game.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/23206/steve-tasker-on-sal-alosi-knee-so-what

http://deadspin.com/5713868/how-tripgate-went-down-and-how-its-practiced-around-the-league

Yes everyone. Please let me know if you find one person (who isn't a jets fan) that doesn't think your coach was in the wrong and isn't trying to blame Carroll.

Yes you are deflecting the blame because you continiously try and put part of the blame on Carroll being OB.

That great special teamer you are trying to justify your opinion with was always pushed by players because he constantly ran out of bounce so the blockers couldn't block him. His cheating by consistently running out of bounds to avoid blockers was the reason the rule was put into place, hence it's nickname of the Tasker Rule. Please don't try anymore to justify your wrong opinion, it's futile.

If that is the case they obviously didn't care enough to make the Jets change that alignment. They will now b/c of the incident but if that idiot doesn't trip the player nothing is made out of this.

That's usually the way it happens. Nobody says anything until somebody does something stupid. As for Carroll, he was forced OOB by the 2 Jets players, he has to get back inbounds, what choice does he have but to run down the sideline until he outruns them so he can get back in. And what was with the 2 jets players running over to where he fell and standing over him, then running away like little boys who got caught with their hand in the cookie jar?

I've got to side with nyjunc some here. He was pointing out that Carroll has a responsibility of getting back inbounds as quickly as he can or it is a penalty (I've seen that flag in several games this year). However the bottom line is: 1) the Jet players/coaches were improperly lined up on the sideline, 2) the coach tripped Carroll illegally (which also prevented him from getting back inbounds), and 3) the fact that other teams may do the same thing still doesn't make it right. If you read nyjunc's comments he does not condone what Alosi did but tries to point out that Carroll seemed to be headed down the sidelines out of bounds not inbounds as the rules require.

Actually we are in a much better situation than the dolphins likely needing only 1 more win to make the playoffs while yuou guys need to win 3 and hope for a miracle. Our QB is in a slump, yours just sucks. We are not 9-4 w/o sanchez this year, put him on Miami and you guys have 2 more wins.

He's been in a slump since his 1st snap as a pro... Longest. Slump. Ever.

Oh, and you're still clown shoes

Yes everyone. Please let me know if you find one person (who isn't a jets fan) that doesn't think your coach was in the wrong and isn't trying to blame Carroll.

Yes you are deflecting the blame because you continiously try and put part of the blame on Carroll being OB.

That great special teamer you are trying to justify your opinion with was always pushed by players because he constantly ran out of bounce so the blockers couldn't block him. His cheating by consistently running out of bounds to avoid blockers was the reason the rule was put into place, hence it's nickname of the Tasker Rule. Please don't try anymore to justify your wrong opinion, it's futile.

Now you are bringing up a different argument, obviously what alosi did was wrong in tripping the player but does that absolve carrol of illegally running out of bounds?

carrol doesn't get any blame for the trip but he was illegally running OOB.

So when Tasker does it it is cheating but when a dolphin does it it's ok- got it:lol:

That's usually the way it happens. Nobody says anything until somebody does something stupid. As for Carroll, he was forced OOB by the 2 Jets players, he has to get back inbounds, what choice does he have but to run down the sideline until he outruns them so he can get back in. And what was with the 2 jets players running over to where he fell and standing over him, then running away like little boys who got caught with their hand in the cookie jar?

he didn't fight at all to stay in bounds and made no effort to even get close to inbounds as he ran on the other side of that thick white line.

The 2 players were waiting for Carrol to get up, when they realized he wan't getting up they were looking for someone else to block.

If he wasn't trying to get back on the field, he'd stop running. Is it that complicated?

If he wasn't trying to get back on the field, he'd stop running. Is it that complicated?

He was running OOB, about 5 yards away from being inbounds, if he hadn't been tripped he would have been running OOB for about 30 yds w/o trying to get back in- that's illegal.

[video]http://everyjoe.com/sports/video-sal-alosi-trips-nolan-carroll/[/video]

The Jets outside blockers force Nolan out of bounds and subsequent keep him there until he hits the knee of douche bag. It was coached that way and if you think it wasn't you are a fool. Nolan was forced out on the 30 and tripped on the 35 you tell me why he never got back in bounds.

The punt prior the Jets got the penalty on Jones trying to do the same thing.

[video]http://everyjoe.com/sports/video-sal-alosi-trips-nolan-carroll/[/video]

The Jets outside blockers force Nolan out of bounds and subsequent keep him there until he hits the knee of douche bag. It was coached that way and if you think it wasn't you are a fool. Nolan was forced out on the 30 and tripped on the 35 you tell me why he never got back in bounds.

The punt prior the Jets got the penalty on Jones trying to do the same thing.

he went out(not fighting to stay in) around the 20 not the 30, he gets tripped around the 35 on the other side of the white line.

Back
Top Bottom