Zach Thomas: Jets formed wall | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas: Jets formed wall

No, there's no excuse for tripping the player(and how do you know he was trying to hurt him rather than just impede him him?) BUT the wall is legal, running out of bounds on your own and staying out is illegal and that is what he did. There should have been 2 flags on that play, one for the trip and one for running OOB and staying OOB which would have been Miami's 2nd such penalty. Instead of worrying about our wall worry about the illegal running OOB on Punts, maybe that is why your punt coverage is so good?
why shouldn't I worry about your WALL? your wall almost got a player hurt! and yet time and again you try to weakly justify it?

why shouldn't I worry about your WALL? your wall almost got a player hurt! and yet time and again you try to weakly justify it?

No it didn't, a person in the wall tripping a player almost got a player hurt. The wall itself is legal unlike running downfield on punt coverage OOB.

No it didn't, a person in the wall tripping a player almost got a player hurt. The wall itself is legal unlike running downfield on punt coverage OOB.

I thought the league responded and said that type of wall is not allowed for coaches/players

Didn't run through the entire thread, but even if the wall is legal, weren't they supposed to be behind the line? Isn't the league sending out memos this week in regards to staying behind the line?

I don't see a problem with the wall either way, but the intent behind it is not something to be applauded. And for that jackass to stick his knee out, he should never work in the NFL again.

The Jets fans are getting ridiculous with this "He shouldn't be running out of bounds" crap. It happens all the time in the NFL. Gunners are always running out of bounds. Maybe it should have been flagged, but it's not like he was trying some crazy new thing that no one has ever seen before. The Jets formed a wall that was completely legal. However at least one of the people in the wall was gettin ready to do something stupid. I don't care if Carroll was running out of bounds all game long you can't decide to take the matter in your own hands. It would be like a defensive player stabbing an O lineman for holding. Just because holding is illegal doesn't mean you can do whatever you want to try to stop it.

I thought the league responded and said that type of wall is not allowed for coaches/players

did they? I haven't heard or read that.

Didn't run through the entire thread, but even if the wall is legal, weren't they supposed to be behind the line? Isn't the league sending out memos this week in regards to staying behind the line?

I don't see a problem with the wall either way, but the intent behind it is not something to be applauded. And for that jackass to stick his knee out, he should never work in the NFL again.

They were w/in the box and Carrol was so far OOB that he was running on green rather than white.

If the moron doesn't trip him we never hear of this, the other guys did nothing wrong we just had the one nitwit stick his knee out to trip the player. What he did was embarrassing and wrong and he has been punished for it.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

The Jets fans are getting ridiculous with this "He shouldn't be running out of bounds" crap. It happens all the time in the NFL. Gunners are always running out of bounds. Maybe it should have been flagged, but it's not like he was trying some crazy new thing that no one has ever seen before. The Jets formed a wall that was completely legal. However at least one of the people in the wall was gettin ready to do something stupid. I don't care if Carroll was running out of bounds all game long you can't decide to take the matter in your own hands. It would be like a defensive player stabbing an O lineman for holding. Just because holding is illegal doesn't mean you can do whatever you want to try to stop it.

Miami was already flagged for that once earlier in the game, he has ton get back to the field as soon as possiblle, he was alreayd OOb for 15+ yards and it would have been much longer had he not been tripped up.

Actually the wall was illegal because of the personel it was formed with. The box that the line was in is only supposed to be occupied by coaches and situational substitute players. I believe your line was occupied by one coach and the rest of it inactive players. The inactive players are supposed to be behind that box with the rest of the players and bench personel. Thus making the line illegal. If you don't believe me check out Vaark's new sig where he has a diagrahm of it.

Actually the wall was illegal because of the personel it was formed with. The box that the line was in is only supposed to be occupied by coaches and situational substitute players. I believe your line was occupied by one coach and the rest of it inactive players. The inactive players are supposed to be behind that box with the rest of the players and bench personel. Thus making the line illegal. If you don't believe me check out Vaark's new sig where he has a diagrahm of it.

never trust anything vaark says.

never trust anything vaark says.

It's a diagram (which I know you have seen) from the NFL rule book douche, but being that your are from Jersey and that it's not a stoic carving on your cell wall made with a shank from a liscense plate you stole while pressing them I totally understand. On a side note I trust Vaark's posts 100% more than your opinionated bs posts you try to label as "fact, truth, or just being real" or whataver synonym you come up with that day.

It's a diagram (which I know you have seen) from the NFL rule book douche, but being that your are from Jersey and that it's not a stoic carving on your cell wall made with a shank from a liscense plate you stole while pressing them I totally understand. On a side note I trust Vaark's posts 100% more than your opinionated bs posts you try to label as "fact, truth, or just being real" or whataver synonym you come up with that day.

I'm from New York, thanks for asking.

You can trust vaarks posts all you want, it would explain why you don't appear to know whether a football is pumped w/ air or stuffed w/ feathers.

Factually you're correct: inactive players have no business being anywhere near that line. Word to the wise, like even most of the TGG members have come to do, you need to take junk with a grain of salt; he's our own Baghdad Bob; he'd find some bullchit way to defend or justify Saddam Hussein if wearing a puke green jersey, whine about being challenged and then accuse those with the audacity to do so of being "whiners" themselves.

14v5q52-1.jpg

yes, I am the one who makes every excuse in the book if the dolphins lose or Jets win:lol:

so where did Ryan stick the football from last week? though i probably don't really want to know. HAHAHAHA. Jet fails give me a woody.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

lol jet fans

you so crazy
1289450036150-1.png

me reading jet fans defending alosi

Back
Top Bottom