Zach Thomas: Jets formed wall | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas: Jets formed wall

he wasn't great against the Bengals but we were never in danger of losing that game so i wouldn't include that w/ the other 4.

Let me add this to my guidebook of arguing with you:

Fact: Quarterbacks have never played a bad game and still won

Love how the thread about Thomas' comments on Alosi has turned into how badly our QBs suck thread.

When we're arguing about how an INT isn't that bad you know we're both in trouble.. HAHA!

Mark Sanchez was bad in the Bengals game

He led one drive that scored points, and it was a field goal drive.

He led a missed field goal drive but a 44 yarder for Folk is not a gimme

The one TD he had was the result of the magical muffed punt that I'm not sure even hit the guys helmet.

Mark Sanchez was bad in the Bengals game

He led one drive that scored points, and it was a field goal drive.

He led a missed field goal drive but a 44 yarder for Folk is not a gimme

The one TD he had was the result of the magical muffed punt that I'm not sure even hit the guys helmet.

he led 3 scoring drives, one was after the muffed punt. He was not good but the game was never in danger, I can live w/ a game like that. In those other close games where he couldn't make a play those were terrible games from him. He's played well most of the season, he is the #1 reason we are 9-4.

he led 3 scoring drives, one was after the muffed punt. He was not good but the game was never in danger, I can live w/ a game like that. In those other close games where he couldn't make a play those were terrible games from him. He's played well most of the season, he is the #1 reason we are 9-4.

lol If you call Brad Smith getting a 50 yd td run "Mark Sanchez leading a scoring drive" and the Santonio TD a "drive" you have pretty low expectations for the guy

Mark Sanchez yds in scoring drives:

69-FG
16-Brad Smith 53 yard run
13-Santonio TD after muffed punt

carroll shoulda stayed in bounds

to me once he leaves the field of play he is fair game for anyone

is it ethical probably not but either is running out bounds to avoid blockers which carroll did on almost every punt

lol If you call Brad Smith getting a 50 yd td run "Mark Sanchez leading a scoring drive" and the Santonio TD a "drive" you have pretty low expectations for the guy

So it only counts when you say it counts?

Mark Sanchez yds in scoring drives:

69-FG
16-Brad Smith 53 yard run
13-Santonio TD after muffed punt

we had good FP after TOs the other day too and mark couldn't lead us to enough points.

So it only counts when you say it counts?

we had good FP after TOs the other day too and mark couldn't lead us to enough points.

Lol you're funny. You pick and choose when you want to use common sense. It is whatever fits your argument I suppose

which just means he had a worse game the other day. In the cincy game he was bad, in the Miami game he was awful

is it ethical probably not but either is running out bounds to avoid blockers which carroll did on almost every punt
lol. if you can justify the injury of a player like that, I wonder what else you could justify. hmmm lets see... dude sneezes in an elevator and doesn't cover his mouth... guess i'll push him down the stairs.

please watch more football. gunners are forced out of bounds on prob 3/4 of punts. Carroll on the out of bounds stripe was par for the course.

you have serious issues if you can't see that Alosi was 100% in the wrong.

please watch more football. gunners are forced out of bounds on prob 3/4 of punts. Carroll on the out of bounds stripe was par for the course.

he wasnt blocked out of bounds, he chose to leave the field of play

alot different

lol. if you can justify the injury of a player like that, I wonder what else you could justify. hmmm lets see... dude sneezes in an elevator and doesn't cover his mouth... guess i'll push him down the stairs.

There's no justification for tripping then guy but the funny thing is Miami was flagged for running out of bounds earlier and people are not paying attention to that illegal tactic. It's ok if you do something illegal but it's not ok if the Jets do something legal like having that wall formed.

yep and they have to get back into play as quickly as possible, he went out around the 20 and was tripped around the the 35 or so. That should be a penalty and if he wasn't tripped he would have kept running OOB at least another 5-10-15 yards.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Lol you're funny. You pick and choose when you want to use common sense. It is whatever fits your argument I suppose

which just means he had a worse game the other day. In the cincy game he was bad, in the Miami game he was awful

ok so we'll call it 5 bad games in 13, that's still not a bad ratio for a 2nd year QB and it doesn't take away from all the good he has done this year.

There's no justification for tripping then guy but the funny thing is Miami was flagged for running out of bounds earlier and people are not paying attention to that illegal tactic. It's ok if you do something illegal but it's not ok if the Jets do something legal like having that wall formed.

yep and they have to get back into play as quickly as possible, he went out around the 20 and was tripped around the the 35 or so. That should be a penalty and if he wasn't tripped he would have kept running OOB at least another 5-10-15 yards.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

ok so we'll call it 5 bad games in 13, that's still not a bad ratio for a 2nd year QB and it doesn't take away from all the good he has done this year.
so you're saying... running out of bounds = trying to intentionally hurt a player? Its a good thing An admin of finheaven doesn't think the same way you do. being a jets fan=a pink slip for finheaven.

here's a hint, and why your team is a bunch of low life cheaters... it isn't up to your coaches to punish a player for running out of bounds, its up to the REFS!

so you're saying... running out of bounds = trying to intentionally hurt a player? Its a good thing An admin of finheaven doesn't think the same way you do. being a jets fan=a pink slip for finheaven.

No, there's no excuse for tripping the player(and how do you know he was trying to hurt him rather than just impede him him?) BUT the wall is legal, running out of bounds on your own and staying out is illegal and that is what he did. There should have been 2 flags on that play, one for the trip and one for running OOB and staying OOB which would have been Miami's 2nd such penalty. Instead of worrying about our wall worry about the illegal running OOB on Punts, maybe that is why your punt coverage is so good?

Back
Top Bottom