Zach Thomas makes it to the semifimalist | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas makes it to the semifimalist

yeah but what’s your core of Twitter. How many people over 30 that would actually remember Zach use Twitter. Willis to me is not a hall of famer. He’s the same as megatron. Elite player for 5-7 years but he’s not even top 40 for all time tackles. The only true exception to a short career is Terrell Davis who single handily careered Denver to a Super Bowl on his way to the most dominating playoff performances in history. Same goes for megatron. How do you let a guy in the HOF that is not top 20 in receiving tds and not even top 30 in receiving yards? I mean he might be the single best wr I’ll ever see (too young for Rice) but a long career seems to be a fairly certain requirement.
Did you just equate Megatron to Patrick Willis? Yikes!

One guy was clearly the most dominant at his position while the other guys was okay slightly above average at times. But certainly not dominant.

Last edited:
No chance he gets in, which is a travesty. Dude is 100% an HoF player, but sports writers always play favorites, and the short, mean, unathletic dominator for a team that never won a Super Bowl just doesn't inspire writers fixated on big markets and rings. It's a popularity contest first and foremost ... and Zach Thomas isn't the supermodel athlete some other players are, so his dominance as a football player gets lost on sportswriters.

Agreed and I’m shocked JT got in and got in the first time around.

Agreed and I’m shocked JT got in and got in the first time around.
Well JT is a supermodel athlete, was named Defensive Player of the Year, and had Tom Brady write a letter to the selection committee personally vouching for him as the best defender he ever faced ... so JT did have a few extra things going for him. But, you're right, being from Miami was almost 2 strikes against him in the sportswriters' eyes.

Those four in the photo for sure get in. After that, I'd say Faneca, and maybe Holt would be next. Thomas deserves it, I just don't see it this yr.

Enmvy0WXEAEAKjh.jpeg

Last edited:
Those four in the photo for sure get in. After that, I'd say Faneca and maybe Holt would be next. Thomas deserves to get I View attachment 59387

enmvy0wxeaeakjh-jpeg.59387

I'm too lazy to look-up how many get in every year. But practically gauranteed to get in are

1) P.Manning
2) C.Johnson
3) R.Wayne
4) C. Woodson
5) J.Allen

Did you just equate Megatron to Patrick Willis? Yikes!

One guy was clearly the most dominant at his position while the other guys was okay slightly above average at times. But certainly not dominant.

I compared them as both being not hall of famers. Your argument on who was dominate or not is irrelevant. Neither had a long enough career to make the hall of fame so in that comparison they are identical.

I'm too lazy to look-up how many get in every year. But practically gauranteed to get in are

1) P.Manning
2) C.Johnson
3) R.Wayne
4) C. Woodson
5) J.Allen

doubtful that Allen gets in first ballot. Many were shocked Jason Taylor got in first ballot and JT was a much bigger playmaker than Allen. WR seem to struggle getting in as well. Personally I don’t see how Calvin gets in. He was dominate for 7 or so years but he’s not even top 20 in tds or top 30 in yards.

1) P.Manning
2) C.Johnson
3) R.Wayne
4) C. Woodson
5) J.Allen
Its 4 - 8.

CJ is not and should not be a guarantee, he's not even top 10 in any stat but 1.......Manning and Woodson are locks. Wayne, Thomas, Fanica, Allen, Taylor and maybe Holt......

ZT was not just a Lb he was a pass rusher and strong safety. He deserves it and that is obvious but we all know it’s a popularity contest.

"Looking at some of the inside linebackers currently in the Hall of Fame, like Derrick Brooks, Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher, Thomas might be the worst band on the concert bill. But still, he was a five-time first-team All-Pro. And that makes him pretty deserving."

That is so aggravating to read, Zach Thomas was better than Brian Urlacher even by Urlacher's own admission.
And unlike Ray Lewis, Thomas didn't murder anyone.

Do I personally believe Z Thomas should be inducted? Yes.

But those playoff loses, matter.

Its a mess.

It's sad being up here in Chicago to see hair restore boy Urlacher get in based on what? His numbers don't stack up with Zach.

It's all about the measurables and how they show on TV. Imagine if Zach has Urlacher's physical gifts. Wow. He did things the right way, played the game the hard and was always prepared.

He's not a billboard guy, a murderer, or a news monger and that's why he's largely forgotten. Those that watched him know his greatness, such as Payton. Let's hope he gets in!

Back
Top Bottom