Zach Thomas nominated for Hall Of Fame | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas nominated for Hall Of Fame

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
Three former Miami Dolphins players, including linebacker Zach Thomas, plus former coach Jimmy Johnson are among the 113 modern-era candidates nominated for Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2015.

Thomas, who played with the Dolphins from from 1996-07 and was the team's leading tackler 10 seasons, was selected to seven Pro Bowls and was a first-team All Pro selection five times. Thomas finished his career with 1,100 tackles, 20.5 sacks and 17 interceptions.

Thomas is joined on the list of nominated players by former Dolphins cornerback Troy Vincent and fellow linebacker Junior Seau.

Seau, a first-year eligible candidate, played with the Dolphins from 2003-05 and is most recognized for his outstanding career with the San Diego Chargers before coming to Miami. Vincent was selected by the Dolphins in the first round of the 1992 draft. He played only four of his 15 NFL seasons with the Dolphins before he went to Philadelphia as a free agent.

Vincent nonetheless collected 14 of his 47 career interceptions with Miami.

Johnson is best known for his days with the Dallas Cowboys from 1989-93. His Dallas teams won two Super Bowls under Johnson and the team he helped put together went back and won the Super Bowl in 1995 under Barry Switzer.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/#storylink=cpy

Seau is also eligible. No way Zack makes it this year. That LB spot is already taken.

To me their stats are very similar. He is one of my favorites. I hope he makes it one day. I won't hold my breath

Seau is likely the choice of the 3. Zach's stats hold up and certainly the pro bowls and better yet first team all pro's would have him make it at some point when comparing him to guys that are already in. I remember another poster comparing those stats a few years back (think it was CK) and by stats and accolades, ZT is a hall of famer. I might be tainted by his lack of success with Miami, but I don't think Jimmy did it long enough to get in.

With the death of Junior, he will likely get the nod over Zack.
I think Jimmy Johnson will do everything possible in the back channels to get him in with him.
Jason will get in on his own merits. Zack might need a little assist from Jimma.

Seau is also eligible. No way Zack makes it this year. That LB spot is already taken.

To me their stats are very similar. He is one of my favorites. I hope he makes it one day. I won't hold my breath

Seau will get in before Zach, as he should. Of the four former fins, Zach will be the only one that goes in as a Dolphin if and when they make it.

Dallas won't even honor him at stadium, J Jones hates him. I don't like what JJ did for Miami but I think he deserves to be in the Hall. junior first and Zach right behind him, two masters of their trade.

JJ should get in for that Dallas team he built. And that walker trade made him look like an Effin genius. I think it's likely that he and Zachary get in together because Zachary epitomizes the type of players jd could find up and down in the draft and... Zachary played beyond his skill for so many years. Seau was ray Lewis before Ray Lewis was Ray Lewis. The 1995 chargers don't make that Super Bowl without him .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkq

Dallas won't even honor him at stadium, J Jones hates him. I don't like what JJ did for Miami but I think he deserves to be in the Hall. junior first and Zach right behind him, two masters of their trade.

Still trying to track down this video. I remember laughing my ass off when I was watching it as it happened.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/011212jerryjacko.html

Whatever the reason, Johnson showed some confusion when he was asked about the state of the Cowboys during a halftime interview on Monday Night Football this week.
"If Michael Jackson, I mean Jerry Jones, would have kept Troy Aikman, they'd be in first," Johnson said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zach's in my Top 3 all-time favorite Dolphins players, and I do hope he gets in the HoF; but, I don't see it happening his first try at Hall.

I hate to say it, but I'm not sure Zach ever makes it into the HOF. He was a great player and certainly an all-time Dolphins great, but I don't know if he did enough in terms of the post-season and accolades to get into the hall from national voters. He was a victim of playing for a perennially disappointing Dolphin team that never achieved anything memorable in the playoffs. Will the 7 pro bowls be enough? Not so sure...

JT will eventually get in based on his defensive MVP, media savvy and more memorable impact on the game, but he won't be a first ballot guy either.

Back
Top Bottom