Zach Thomas on Dan Leboptard radio show | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas on Dan Leboptard radio show

A Wing Pilot

Section:445 Row:19 Seat:1&2
Reaction score
Here's the breakdown. he was on 790 the ticket at about 4:05pm with Dan lebotard and Stu Gotz

1. He loves negative press and uses it to fire him up
2. His ultimate fear is Failure
3. He sleeps in a hyperbolic chamber 3 times a week, he says it clears him and helps him recover better. he also mentioned that TO has the same one
4. When he was a rookie people thought he was black
5. He hates being called an over-achiever and undersized. Dan said if he was black that issue would not have been brought up. Zach agreed that it probably wouldn't have been such a big deal. In all honesty i agree
6. People don't recognize him unless he's with JT for the most part. Not sure how you could miss a guy of his stature
7. Dan brought up the fact that he (Zach) cried in Titanic, Zach said he never should have said anything and will now deny it and that he got watery eyed and no tears came out.

Football stuff: He said he is a film mania c and used to watch 95% on other team and 5% our team and now its more like 50/50. He said the level of preparedness is AWSOME and that its like no one on the coaching staff ever even goes home. He doesn't care if its Holcomb or Losman the need to prep for both just in case. He also said that its totally different in the locker room this year. He agreed with Dan that Chemistry is OVERRATED, and he would love to have a player with the skills of TO on the team. He said that Ricky is off the hook crazy he's working so hard and all the guys see it

Thats the joist of it I wish i could record these things in my car while i listen.

Sweet.. Thanks for the write-up. I didn'y know zach had a Hyperbaric chamber...

Thanks a bunch, A Wing.

I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE RICKY WILLIAMS AND RONNIE BROWN IN THE SAME BACKFIELD THIS YEAR.

:drool::drool::drool:

What exactly is a hyperbolic chamber? I remember hearing about TO using one to rehab his leg last season but thats the extent of my knowledge.
I hate hearing about how Zach is undersized because everyone is quick to say he is overated. The guy is in on almost every tackle and has been a beast in goal line situations. So what if he relies on big DT's. His skills still put him in the top 3 LB's in the league (imo).

Thanks for the info man its good someone gave us a report! Never new some of the things he talked about.

Finz Fury said:
What exactly is a hyperbolic chamber? I remember hearing about TO using one to rehab his leg last season but thats the extent of my knowledge.

Yea, wondering the same...

Sure it's not a hyperbaric chamber?

Hyperbolic chamber is what Goku uses to train in Dragonball Z

I think TO and zack might have a hyperbaric chamber

hyperbaric chamber: Hyperbaric oxygen (HBO2) is used in a sports medicine setting to reduce hypoxia and edema and appears to be particularly effective for treating crush injuries and acute traumatic peripheral ischemias. When used clinically, HBO2 should be considered as an adjunctive therapy as soon as possible after injury diagnosis. Treatment pressures for acute traumatic peripheral ischemia range from 2.0 to 2.5 atmospheres absolute (ATA), with a minimum of 90 minutes for each treatment. Some professional and amateur athletes use HBO2 to aid endurance performance or to speed recovery from exercise-related fatigue; however, research does not yet support these uses. Clinicians and athletes should keep in mind that HBO2 is a medical treatment with associated risks.

Mindwarp said:
Hyperbolic chamber is what Goku uses to train in Dragonball Z

I think TO and zack might have a hyperbaric chamber

hyperbaric chamber: Hyperbaric oxygen (HBO2) is used in a sports medicine setting to reduce hypoxia and edema and appears to be particularly effective for treating crush injuries and acute traumatic peripheral ischemias. When used clinically, HBO2 should be considered as an adjunctive therapy as soon as possible after injury diagnosis. Treatment pressures for acute traumatic peripheral ischemia range from 2.0 to 2.5 atmospheres absolute (ATA), with a minimum of 90 minutes for each treatment. Some professional and amateur athletes use HBO2 to aid endurance performance or to speed recovery from exercise-related fatigue; however, research does not yet support these uses. Clinicians and athletes should keep in mind that HBO2 is a medical treatment with associated risks.

:lol: LOL...I told you I didnt know much about it.

Thanks for the info. It seems to be effective even if research doesnt support it. TO came back in great form in the SuperBowl and credited a lot to his HBO2 treatments. Im going to look up a few more words from your post so I can have a better understanding:lol: .

No, no, I'm pretty sure T.O. and Zach use the same one as Goku from DragonBall Z

Sounds like one damn good interview.

Back
Top Bottom