Zach Thomas on Rome is Burning | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas on Rome is Burning

cnc66 said:
man, Zach looked MEAN, I thought it went well, Rome asked soft questions and gave big props. Zach DID mention Rome talking bad about him and in closing Rome said I'm glad we got this past us...

Yeah, pissing little Chrissy Everit off is one thing. Pissing off a Middle Linebacker that was born and raised on a farm in texas and has no neck is something entirely different. Could have been interesting to watch ZT loose his patience with the ohhh so obnoxous self-rightous one (actually I like Rome)

cnc66 said:
man, Zach looked MEAN, I thought it went well, Rome asked soft questions and gave big props. Zach DID mention Rome talking bad about him and in closing Rome said I'm glad we got this past us...

What did Rome say bad about Zach before the interview:confused: ????

Zach is a man with class and heart. I love what he said about his outlook after visiting the troops in 2003. I am poud to be a Fin Fan. Saban has turned this team around and the players are loving it. :dolphins:

QB2RonnieTD23 said:
I never watch Rome, i cant stand that idiot. But i wouldn't have known ZT was on had you not given us the heads up so thanks a lot bro.

No problem. Beats sitting through Sports Center to catch a glimpse of my Fins.

he asked about zachs trip to visit the troops. Zach said if he has a bad day he has to hear cr@p from people like rome, yet if solldiers have a bad day there partners DIE. <-- its a paraphrase but thats the jist of it

infiltrateib said:
121-1.jpg

kastofsna120: that was a pretty good pass
fin-atic: yeah it was great
kastofsna120: i liked it, it was good
fin-atic: well it wasn't bad
kastofsna120: well it wasn't very good
fin-atic: it was terrible!
kastofsna120: awful pass
fin-atic: we're terrible
kastofsna120: we're the worst team in the league!
fin-atic: worst team! vince young in the first?
kastofsna120: vince young is terrible!
fin-atic: he couldn't even help us!
kastofsna120: rivers is terrible!
fin-atic: not as bad as jim rome
kastofsna120: jim rome? he's worse than tomlinson
fin-atic: tomlinson? terrible!
kastofsna120: overrated!
fin-atic: like Matt Leinart!
kastofsna120: :fire: WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY. WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? SAY IT AGAIN. SAY IT TO MY FACE SAY IT---

:blowup: WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES, WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK AFTER THESE MESSAGES. :blowup:

Cute response. I am laughing.

Zach was at the training facilities. He looked mean, no smile, I was taken aback actually. Zach was polite, so was Rome. Zach said good things about Saban and his process, and said "Saban keeps everybody on edge for instance you would have thought we had lost ten in a row by the way he ran practice today"(MOL) He was very upbeat here and he became animated in his manner, confident that what he was seeing would work. He said he was excited to be a part of it all. I got excited with him

He then was asked about the trip overseas to visit troops. Zach was sincere here guys, you could see it in his eyes. the troops are his hero's. The closing was ok, Zach made a comment about "the worse that can happen in football (as opposed to combat) is you make a bad play and you(Rome) talk bad about me." I got the impression at the end that there was difficult blood between them and Rome's comment "I'm glad we got this past us" in my mind, cemented it. I felt like Rome was looking to get another interview by the way he conducted this one. Feel free to disagree whoever else may have seen it, these are only my impressions. I guess that's about it.

Zach is my 2nd fave Dolphin player ever, after Dan.....did Zach comb his hair for the show?...he always has that Three Stoodges hairdo look. :lol: But I rarely see him without his helmet on.

Ok, a couple of things. First off, Zach has looked "mean," or disinterested in just about every interview this season. In years past I remember him being a lot more jovial and forthright when talking to the media. Coincidence that his attitude has changed once Saban got here? Not likely. I have said it before but will have to state it again. Nick Saban has stamped his attitude onto this team. His players have adopted his personality and bought into his system. It has showed on the field and now, in the media. Personally, I like it.

Onto Jim Rome. For the most part, Romeis kind of a blowhard. He always looks for the negative in every situation and will nitpick down to the smallest thing. Having said that, he is fantastic as an interviewer. I am in awe of his knowledge of player's personal and professional lives. One of my all time favorites was when he interviewed Roy Jones Jr. who had hooked up with Don King Promotions and had Don King in studio with him.

JR: " So Roy, you are a smart guy. Won titles, well educated, can speak well. You seem to make rational decisions. Why pair up with Don King?" :lol:

Samphin said:
Ok, a couple of things. First off, Zach has looked "mean," or disinterested in just about every interview this season. In years past I remember him being a lot more jovial and forthright when talking to the media. Coincidence that his attitude has changed once Saban got here? Not likely. I have said it before but will have to state it again. Nick Saban has stamped his attitude onto this team. His players have adopted his personality and bought into his system. It has showed on the field and now, in the media. Personally, I like it.

Onto Jim Rome. For the most part, Romeis kind of a blowhard. He always looks for the negative in every situation and will nitpick down to the smallest thing. Having said that, he is fantastic as an interviewer. I am in awe of his knowledge of player's personal and professional lives. One of my all time favorites was when he interviewed Roy Jones Jr. who had hooked up with Don King Promotions and had Don King in studio with him.

JR: " So Roy, you are a smart guy. Won titles, well educated, can speak well. You seem to make rational decisions. Why pair up with Don King?" :lol:

did you see this one? I have no reference because I can't recall anything other than right after game stuff, so you could have a good point.

I would have LOVED to have seen that!

cnc66 said:
did you see this one? I have no reference because I can't recall anything other than right after game stuff, so you could have a good point.

I would have LOVED to have seen that!

I hear Zach on a few radio interviews where he just seemed disinterested with them, like how Saban always does. Saban always has that look of contempt for the media, like, do I have to sit here and listen to the same dang questions week in and week out.

I don't think that is Saban's true feelings but he does this to manipulate the media instead of the media manipulating the coach and the players. Remember how ZT and JT used to piss and moan about how the media always would harp on them about collapsing late and it would make them angry? Well, since Saban has been here, I think the whole team has realized that the media is only important if you let them be and that is how they see things now. Kind of like a necessary evil.

I also some some lockerroom interviews during preseason and that was really my first sense that Saban was reching these guys. Just the way they conducted themselves.

Back
Top Bottom