Zach Thomas Overrated??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas Overrated???

outlawd2u said:
Is he a lil bit overrated by now??? Sure he's done great for us, and sure he's still doing good, but lets face it........ He's getting old, and the ONLY knock you could have EVER had on him was his lack of speed(and maybe size) Well he's getting slower. I still think he's great, but not the player he was 5 years ago, and OK overrated may be a bit harsh, but people have said that Sam Madison is overrated, and even Jason Taylor, so if those guys are overrated then so is Zach. Personally if i had to lose any of them, I'd rather it be zach........ I can't be the only one that wants a Lavar Aarington type of LB with Size, blazing speed and hits like a mack truck. Zach makes a TON of plays, but how many times have you seen him get engulfed by a O-Lineman, or even a FB.

Take this post for what it's worth. I'm NOT saying he isn't a really good player, HE IS!!! And he plays his Heart out!!! But if yall are gonna throw around names like MAdison, or Surtain to be traded, then why not Zach???

Oh, and on a side note.......Am I the only one that wants to see the defense get more of an attitude, and get pumped up more? I mean they did a really good job against a tough Tenn. D but they still seemed to just be going through the motions
DUDE DID YOU FIND RICK'S STASH OR WHAT ZACK OVERRATED NOT!!!!!!!!

outlawd2u said:
Overrated by the fans basically..... The media doesn't really give him too much hype, never really did, but some of the fans think he's god!!!
He is by no means "overrated". Year in and year out he still continues to be the teams leading tackler (which I would expect a MLB to be) but he also continues to be the leader of the defense. The guy may have slowed a step or two but he still has very good lateral movement when scraping off behind the line as well as sideline-to-sideline speed. His nose for making the play is still one of the best in the league. His only knock continues to be his size. If the big guys up on the D-line can't suck up blockers, Zach is not very effective (the same can be said for most any MLB in the league). I am willing to bet that the majority of his opponents would not classify him as overrated either. Having said all of this, I do think that it is time to groom a young MLB to take his place as Zach has been prone to injury more frequently over the past 3 or 4 years. I still think he has the biggest heart in football.

As for JT being overrated........not at all. The guy is 6'6" and fast as hell coming around the end. The constant double-team (and sometimes even triple-teaming) only proves just how seriously that other teams take him. They gameplan for him. Also, just look at the success of the DE's opposite of JT while in Miami. It makes life much easier on them when JT is double-teamed on the other side. And I have yet to hear Wale' say thanks to JT. I have a feeling that Ogunleye is about to find out just what level of player he really is without Taylor there to take the heat off of him. I also don't think that he nor the Bears is going to like what they discover.

Now, about Sam Madison. There was a time when he was one of the best in the league at his position but I think he is definitely on the downhill slide. QB's used to avoid throwing his way when possible. Now, it is Surtain that gets that respect, not Madison. Over the past 3 seasons, Sam has made quite a few mistakes and gotten burned too many times. While our secondary reamins one of the best in the league, Madison has become the weakest link in that group. He is, at this time, overrated.

Take this all with a grain of salt as it is only my opinion. I think, however, that everyone who watches our Phins play can vouch for the statements above.

outlawd2u said:
Is he a lil bit overrated by now??? Sure he's done great for us, and sure he's still doing good, but lets face it........ He's getting old, and the ONLY knock you could have EVER had on him was his lack of speed(and maybe size) Well he's getting slower. I still think he's great, but not the player he was 5 years ago, and OK overrated may be a bit harsh, but people have said that Sam Madison is overrated, and even Jason Taylor, so if those guys are overrated then so is Zach. Personally if i had to lose any of them, I'd rather it be zach........ I can't be the only one that wants a Lavar Aarington type of LB with Size, blazing speed and hits like a mack truck. Zach makes a TON of plays, but how many times have you seen him get engulfed by a O-Lineman, or even a FB.

Take this post for what it's worth. I'm NOT saying he isn't a really good player, HE IS!!! And he plays his Heart out!!! But if yall are gonna throw around names like MAdison, or Surtain to be traded, then why not Zach???

Oh, and on a side note.......Am I the only one that wants to see the defense get more of an attitude, and get pumped up more? I mean they did a really good job against a tough Tenn. D but they still seemed to just be going through the motions

This is crap. Five straight pro-bowl's?? After Sat game should be going on his sixth..What are you smoking ?

I agree

dolfanrodney said:
Zach Overated? What are you smoking dude??????????? He was in on 13 tackels sunday. Sure he has hit 30 but I don't see him slower then two or three years ago. I think he has two more solid years in him before I see any decline in his play

Zach is an animal. Definitely not overrated.

outlawd2u said:
Overrated by the fans basically..... The media doesn't really give him too much hype, never really did, but some of the fans think he's god!!!

Thats casue he is god....

Your a moron

Back
Top Bottom