Zach Thomas Overrated! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas Overrated!

Dolphanaholic

Starter
Reaction score
All you clowns talking about Zach Thomas being overrated I am wondering if you caught last nights game. If not for our defense I am wondering if I can stomach another game this season. If anything that man is underrated, he also led all defensive players in tackles last week

I don't know if I have ever seen a player with better instincts than Zach. I agree with Theisman last night, I'm convinced there's 2 of him out there.

red

I wonder if Zach can play left tackle too??

Problem with Zach - a problem he's always had but it will be even more apparent this season -by game 12 he won't have anything left in the tank.

The only thing that could possibly lead me to a conclusion that Zach is overrated is that Pope looks so damn good when he's out on the field. I really think that is a matter of us being very lucky with a late pick who will blossom into a great player and not a statement about Zach, though.

What I love about Zach is what I love about Fiedler -- they have tons of grit and heart. In Zach's case, he has plenty of skill to back it up.

ya well you know what if this team had the heart of JT and zach we would be 2-0 now!!!!!!

All those Thomas doubters always said Tim Bowens was the reason Zach gets tackles. I think he's proven that theory wrong. While I do think Zach benefits from the system...there's no denying the man has skills and is talented.

19 tackles last week and they thought he was overrated... :rolleyes:

Noodle Arm said:
All those Thomas doubters always said Tim Bowens was the reason Zach gets tackles. I think he's proven that theory wrong. While I do think Zach benefits from the system...there's no denying the man has skills and is talented.
No, not necessarily T-BO but Zach needs big DTs to suck up blockers in order for him (Thomas) to be effective. That is the way this defense was built, around Zach. When opposing offenses can get men out on Zach, they seriously reduce his effectiveness. That being said, Zach Thomas is in NO way overrated. I wish we had more like him.

And a big thanks to Seau as well. For a guy that people say is "over the hill", the guy sure has the wheels left to get after the ball. I think Junior still has a few years left in him........he just needs to watch the offsides calls.

Pink_Dove said:
19 tackles last week and they thought he was overrated... :rolleyes:
13 tackles. 10 solo 3 assisted. Paul McGuire was just running off at the mouth like he always does. I'm not saying 13 tackles is bad, but its not as good as 19.

There have been many threads on this board talking about Zach being overrated.
My answer has always been "How can an overachiever be overrated?"

The man is the heart of this defense and plays much better than his physical skills.He is another of those smallish but intelligent MLB we have been lucky to have.(Buonoconti,Offerdahl).And remember he was a 5th round pick.

Dolphanaholic said:
All you clowns talking about Zach Thomas being overrated I am wondering if you caught last nights game. If not for our defense I am wondering if I can stomach another game this season. If anything that man is underrated, he also led all defensive players in tackles last week
Right now Zach looks a little more modivated than in previous season. The people saying Zach is overrated have been correct for the past few years. I also think its the fact Zach gets paid like a game changing player and has not been doing that of late.

Jay Foreman has made more solo tackles than Zach has the past two years and no one is calling him great or paying him millions a year. So it has to be more than tackles and that is what most Zach fans hang their hat on is the amount of tackles Zach makes.

No one can name me a game changing play Zach has made for the positive in the last two years. He has failed many times that past two years though when he has had the chance to change a game. (End of Minn game in '02-Failed to stop DC on the QB sneak on 4th & 2)

Right now, Zach seems to have found new life. However I need to see it for more than a couple of weeks to say Zach has elevated himself back up to an elite LB.

Remember last year when Zach missed the Tenn game Hendricks ended the game with 14 solo tackles. So this kinda helps support that the system helps Zach out.

CrunchTime said:
There have been many threads on this board talking about Zach being overrated.
My answer has always been "How can an overachiever be overrated?"
Because Zach is no longer an overachiever. He is being paid millions.

Back
Top Bottom