Zach Thomas Overrated! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas Overrated!

Right now Zach looks a little more modivated than in previous season. The people saying Zach is overrated have been correct for the past few years. I also think its the fact Zach gets paid like a game changing player and has not been doing that of late.

Jay Foreman has made more solo tackles than Zach has the past two years and no one is calling him great or paying him millions a year. So it has to be more than tackles and that is what most Zach fans hang their hat on is the amount of tackles Zach makes.

No one can name me a game changing play Zach has made for the positive in the last two years. He has failed many times that past two years though when he has had the chance to change a game. (End of Minn game in '02-Failed to stop DC on the QB sneak on 4th & 2)

Right now, Zach seems to have found new life. However I need to see it for more than a couple of weeks to say Zach has elevated himself back up to an elite LB.

Remember last year when Zach missed the Tenn game Hendricks ended the game with 14 solo tackles. So this kinda helps support that the system helps Zach out.

I sure do remember when Zach missed that game last year...The Titans only put up 34 points on us...and our defense looked as bad as I've ever seen it...

Dolphanaholic said:
All you clowns talking about Zach Thomas being overrated I am wondering if you caught last nights game. If not for our defense I am wondering if I can stomach another game this season. If anything that man is underrated, he also led all defensive players in tackles last week
I will tell you one thing, i am a Jets fan and i have watched Zach Thomas over the years and if anyone was to say Thomas is overrated, they must be on crack!!

Pink_Dove said:
I sure do remember when Zach missed that game last year...The Titans only put up 34 points on us...and our defense looked as bad as I've ever seen it...
Actually it was 31 and you need to go back and look at that game. For one Griese had a pick taken back for a TD. Nothing the D can do about that. Another Griese turnover(fumble) gave them the ball at the Miami 24. So there is 14 points and the D only gave up 24 yards.

Also Tenn had two drives to start the game, Tenn did not have another drive over 40 yards and that one did not happen until 10 minutes left in the game.

Here are the Tenn drives for that game (play in parenthesis) . 69(6-TD), 82(16-TD), 19(4) , 5(3), 1(3), 17(7), 24(1-TD), 26(5), 26(6), 6(3), 40(7-FG), 6(3)

The D was not nearly as bad as you wish to remember it. It started out bad, but after the 1st quarter was very solid.

WRONG!!!!!! hendrix had so many tackles because they ran right at him with zach being out !Please do not compare the two. It is not even close.

badfoot said:
WRONG!!!!!! hendrix had so many tackles because they ran right at him with zach being out !Please do not compare the two. It is not even close.

I'm not comparing the two. I'm pointing out the system does help and even if Tenn did run right at him the whole game, which I'm not so sure they did, it appears he made the tackles.

1. Every linebacker benefits from their OL, and good OL is required for linebacker success...yes, that includes even the "mighty" Ray Lewis.

2. A good measure of a player's relative value is how much an opponent respects/prepares for him. If you mention Miami's defense, every single coach in the NFL will tell you Zach and JT are their most immediate threats, followed by Surtain and Madison.

3. Another good measure of worth is consistency. Zach is quite possibly the most consistent linebacker in the game, and that consistency is always in the top of the league.

4. Finally, look around the league and ask how many teams would jump at Zach Thomas if he was a free agent right now. If the answer comes back with at least 16 teams, you have a good player. If you have 25 or more, you have someone special. Aside from the Ravens, I can't think of any other teams that wouldn't at least check into him.

In truth, Zach is UNDERATED...Miami should consider themselves priveledged to have that kind of talent at the middle linebacker position.

Finfan80 said:
Problem with Zach - a problem he's always had but it will be even more apparent this season -by game 12 he won't have anything left in the tank.
Hey at least he lasts till game 12!!! Our OL ran out of juice at kickoff in week 1!!!
Zach looked like he had wrote the Bengals playbook last nite. He was superb.

He was playing against an o-line that signed their STARTING CENTER 2 days before kickoff!! I hope he had a monster game!

Im not saying he is overrated, but Im not going to use last nights joke of a game as a game to judge him on

I can't believe that any Dolphin fan would claim Zach Thomas is overrated! Here is a guy who pours everything he has onto the field everyweek. Zach is all over the field, he is passionate about being A Dolphin, and above all being a professional. I know one thing for sure, you wont see Zach retiring early.

catfish said:
I can't believe that any Dolphin fan would claim Zach Thomas is overrated! Here is a guy who pours everything he has onto the field everyweek. Zach is all over the field, he is passionate about being A Dolphin, and above all being a professional. I know one thing for sure, you wont see Zach retiring early.
Nobody is saying Zach can't play. Some think he isn't worth what he is getting paid. He is paid like a top MLB in this league, while he isn't. He is a very good MLB. And nobody wants him gone, but for his "Cap Value" he isn't worth it and thus overrated.

I'm not saying 13 tackles is bad, but its not as good as 19

he only had 13 b/c the bengals kept gettin 3 and outs......if the bengals had more plays he would of had more tackles

the only reason why people dont think zach is as good as he is b/c of his size
yeah the man is short but he is the only mlb ill take.......except for ray lewis

after last night i cant believe there is a thread questioning ZT...........ridiculios
i hope players dont read these cause he gave all he had last night, no mlb could of done a better job

Finfan80 said:
Problem with Zach - a problem he's always had but it will be even more apparent this season -by game 12 he won't have anything left in the tank.

honestly, you cant hold that against Zach or any of our D. with the way our OFF is playing any DEF wud get tired by the end of the season.

for all of you ppl in the chatroom that was saying our DEF failed us again should be ashamed of yourselves. it wasnt the DEF that let our team down. it was our OL & our zero reacting but face making coach.

our DEF has given up 10 pts to TEN & 9 pts to CIN for a total of 19 pts for both games. some teams are giving up those in a half. ppl wonder why we falter in Dec, its cus our OFF does 3 & out & our DEF is on the field too much. its sad to hear the announcers say with one more punt Turk would tie the record for the most punts in MIA history.

Zach Thomas might be better than ray lewis...

:escape:

Seau is looken good also he really turned my head as he was all over the place as well as zack thomas best Line backers in the nfl really are looking good this year wouldnt be supprised if both make it to pro bowl. Seau needs like a 3 year EXT for the way he still plays.

Dolphanaholic said:
All you clowns talking about Zach Thomas being overrated I am wondering if you caught last nights game. If not for our defense I am wondering if I can stomach another game this season. If anything that man is underrated, he also led all defensive players in tackles last week
i agree, he ruled last night

Back
Top Bottom