Zach Thomas vs. Brian Urlacher | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas vs. Brian Urlacher

Who would you rather have and/or the best player?

• Zach Thomas

Votes: 65 46.1%
  • Brian Urlacher

Votes: 76 53.9%

• Total voters
The number of tackles doesn't neccessarily mean one is better than the other. The number of takles is situated with the scheme. 1 gap vs 2, and many other things make a big difference for a LB stats wise. Urlacher is more of an impact player. He is almost as what Ray was a couple of years ago.

Last year, Zach had like 60 more tackles than Al Wilson, but Wilson had the better year, and was starting ahead of the Zach in the Pro-Bowl.

The only way you go with Zach is if your being bias.

SickFinFan33 said:
iam sure everyone here...remembers when ZT went head up with The Bus...and laid him on his back....when they were both in their prime...

well here ya go

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m92llJyCsN4

after he was being wrapped up, look who comes in and gets run over :)

Brian didn't try to drive the Bus back on that play, he just tried to hold his gorund, and that was part of the problem, since the Bus had the momentum already.

Frisches13283 said:
Brian didn't try to drive the Bus back on that play, he just tried to hold his gorund, and that was part of the problem, since the Bus had the momentum already.

what moron tries to "hold his ground" on the 1 yard line, against bettis?! it looked to me like he had plenty of time to set his feet {it was snowing although} and make a hit if he wanted...he hesitated, hit him too high, and got driven into the ground

btw...i know this doesnt mean ZT is better than BU...i was just throwin this out there, cause i enjoy seeing him get run over :dolphins:

SickFinFan33 said:
iam sure everyone here...remembers when ZT went head up with The Bus...and laid him on his back....when they were both in their prime...

well here ya go

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m92llJyCsN4

after he was being wrapped up, look who comes in and gets run over :)

whatever...every linebacker gets run over at some point..it's part of the position..
I remember on a couple of occasions where Edge put Zach on his seat, that doesn't mean Zach isn't good.

It happens to 'em all..

DePhinistr8 said:
whatever...every linebacker gets run over at some point..it's part of the position..
I remember on a couple of occasions where Edge put Zach on his seat, that doesn't mean Zach isn't good.

It happens to 'em all..

yeah edge in his prime, running un touched, full speed while zach was shuffling {sp?}....bettis is old, wrapped up, and urlacher had his feet set...and still got plowed over...thats the difference

Well, when the votes are split in half between Zach and Urlacher in a Miami Dolphins fan site, then that says a lot of what most of us think of our franchise linebacker.

SickFinFan33 said:
what moron tries to "hold his ground" on the 1 yard line, against bettis?! it looked to me like he had plenty of time to set his feet {it was snowing although} and make a hit if he wanted...he hesitated, hit him too high, and got driven into the ground

btw...i know this doesnt mean ZT is better than BU...i was just throwin this out there, cause i enjoy seeing him get run over :dolphins:

I know, I thought Brian had plenty of time. I was just saying he played it wrong, because it didn't looked like he tried to drive him back.

Vertical Limit said:
Well, when the votes are split in half between Zach and Urlacher in a Miami Dolphins fan site, then that says a lot of what most of us think of our franchise linebacker.

To me it says we think our franchise linebacker is getting up in age, and on the decline, while Urlacher is in his prime.

JMarino said:
I think they are both different MLBs.

Who would I rather have? Tuff call.

I live in Chicago, so I seen Urlacher every Sunday. Being a huge Dolphins and Bears fan this one would be difficult.

Numbers wise, Zach is probably a step up. But there are somethings that you can't put numbers on.

After the Arizona game and the bears were down 20 points in the 4th Qter and came back to win without an offensive touchdown, that sold me on Urlacher. I have never seen a MLB take over a game like that before.
Urlcaher basically TOOK OVER the game in the 4th Qter when everyone else quit and dominated.
It was like back in the day when Michael Jordan would just take over a basketball game.
Those types of things don't really show up on paper.

another reason why Urlcacher doesn't have as many tackles, is because of Lance Briggs and the other probably 6 pro bowl defensive players who make tackels.

I think if you were to compare them to QBs, I think

Urlacher would be more of a Tom Brady not HUGE numbers, but a winner and great in the lockeroom.

Thomas would be more of a McNabb. Bigger numbers, also a winner.

It would be really hard to say who is BETTER than who. Urlacher is SUPER fast and HUGE. I'm a big fan of speed, your not going to our run him.

It would be a tuff call, I guess it would depend on what type of defense you are running.

I remember how he dominated too but if you listened to his post game conferance you would of heard him talk about how they just stopped blocking him. I blame that on poor coaching more then urlacker taking over the game. I'm basing this on his comments.

Zack has more tackles but this is a tough one. I'd probably take the younger Urlacker but Zack is doing great for us right now even at his old age.

Vertical Limit said:

It says an awful lot when it's 50-50 when comparing it to Urlacher, one of the best MLBs in the game currently who is in his prime meanwhile our MLB has been in the league 4 more years (that's ALOT more playing time and physical abuse) and 1/2 the people would still take Zach. That's extremely positive despite your negative implication.

1stDown said:
The only way you go with Zach is if your being bias.

Amen. These guys would take zach over Lawerence Taylor in his prime.

"Urlacher is second on the team with 56 tackles, and his latest performance came following a national sports magazine survey of several hundred NFL players who rated him the league's second-most overrated player behind Terrell Owens . "

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/previews/2006/11/05/2123_preview.html

----several hundred NFL players think Urlacher is the 2nd most overrated player....yet for some reason I have to keep hearing from generally ignorant fans that he's so much better then Zach who gets much respect from just about everyone in the league? LOL....this thread is getting funnier and funnier.

SickFinFan33 said:
yeah edge in his prime, running un touched, full speed while zach was shuffling {sp?}....bettis is old, wrapped up, and urlacher had his feet set...and still got plowed over...thats the difference

untouched? full speed? it was on the goal-line, and zach's head bounced off the turf...and bettis probably has 20 pounds on urlacher..

my point was, no matter who you are, if your technique isn't there then you will get run over by anyone. In each of the cases we're talking about, both LB's were going way too high

DePhinistr8 said:
untouched? full speed? it was on the goal-line, and zach's head bounced off the turf...and bettis probably has 20 pounds on urlacher..

my point was, no matter who you are, if your technique isn't there then you will get run over by anyone. In each of the cases we're talking about, both LB's were going way too high

agreed they were both too high....touche

Back
Top Bottom