Zach's heart is still in Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach's heart is still in Miami

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
I think this statement pretty much sums it up...

Cowboys | Thomas keeping low profile
Thu, 19 Jun 2008 09:47:22 -0700

Rick Herrin, of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports Dallas Cowboys LB Zach Thomas has kept a low profile since joining the team as a free agent in the offseason. "I'm not the voice of this team," Thomas said. "I was in Miami. I'm trying to fit in. There are plenty of guys on this team that are leaders."

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Im not questioning his heart, but it would have definately enjoyed the article much much more if he actually mentioned Miami. He will retire a fin when he is done with his Dallas stint

He did....

Cowboys | Thomas keeping low profile
Thu, 19 Jun 2008 09:47:22 -0700

Rick Herrin, of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports Dallas Cowboys LB Zach Thomas has kept a low profile since joining the team as a free agent in the offseason. "I'm not the voice of this team," Thomas said. "I was in Miami. I'm trying to fit in. There are plenty of guys on this team that are leaders."

Zach is a TRUE Dolphin. He understood the business of the NFL and respectfully kept a low profile so that his former teammates could go on without persistent questioning about Zach, he is a gentleman and I will miss him

Zach clearly loves Miami more then JT ever will. It meant something to Zach to be a Dolphin, I think all it means to JT is a place to make money and that's all. Sure JT does a lot of charity work, but that IMO is more about being in the in the eye of the media than it is about helping the community. I think JT wants to help the less fortunate, but I think there are still other factors in his work in that field than just helping out the needy.

With Zach playing for the Dolphins was in his heart, not his back pocket. Zach is all class and will always be one of my favorites.

Zach clearly loves Miami more then JT ever will. It meant something to Zach to be a Dolphin, I think all it means to JT is a place to make money and that's all. Sure JT does a lot of charity work, but that IMO is more about being in the in the eye of the media than it is about helping the community. I think JT wants to help the less fortunate, but I think there are still other factors in his work in that field than just helping out the needy.

I agree, JT is in it moreso for the glory and the paycheck than heart. When I say glory I mean spotlight, which is why he wants to be remembered for his "acting" than his football career.

As far as charity work goes, lets not crown everyone who has a hand in charities just yet. Im not saying it means nothing to these guys to do charity work, but do believe for a second every player does it out of the kindness of their hearts.

First, it is in every NFL contract that they have to show some type of social responsibilty and MUST perform some type of charity work. So in that sense they are forced to do it.

Second, players make millions of dollars, it is a huge tax benefit to start a charity and legally hide millions of dollars in it. If JT didnt have a charity, he would get raped beyond belief for hundreds of thousands in taxes a year.

We all know JT only cares about himself, and fits this profile exactly

With Zach playing for the Dolphins was in his heart, not his back pocket. Zach is all class and will always be one of my favorites.

JT cant hold Zachs jock strap in this department.

I hate to say it but I agree....

Im sure that he does charities that he enjoys working with, however, his showing his @$$ since last year creates a perception that is questioned by many. Whoever he gets his advice from is an idiot...he has really tarnished all public opinion of himself...to me that reeks of enormous self ego..thinking that you can say and do what you want and it does not matter....Zach on the other hand was first class and respectful to fans and the org...I'd love to hear Zachs true thoughts on JT's handling of all of this, though that will never happen.

He is just choosing to not be a big mouth out of the gate. He will develop plenty of team spirit and voice, watch. I see him as classy however.

It would be nice to see him retire a Phin, and then 5 years later see him go into the Hall of Fame. Hopefully he will have a SB ring as well....with Miami.

two things I have to say about this post 1) we all go to work to make money, we work our a@#es off to make MORE money each year, so for him to want to use the Dolphins to make money, I have no issue with that at all... 2) ALL Charitable causes are in some form have other factors involved. I give a ton of money to charity every year because it makes me feel good AND it's a big ol' fat tax write-off!! So in a way, charity is partially selfish too...:d-day:

Zach is a TRUE Dolphin. He understood the business of the NFL and respectfully kept a low profile so that his former teammates could go on without persistent questioning about Zach, he is a gentleman and I will miss him

A lesson his brother-in-law could learn. :D

Im sure that he does charities that he enjoys working with, however, his showing his @$$ since last year creates a perception that is questioned by many. Whoever he gets his advice from is an idiot...he has really tarnished all public opinion of himself...to me that reeks of enormous self ego..thinking that you can say and do what you want and it does not matter....Zach on the other hand was first class and respectful to fans and the org...I'd love to hear Zachs true thoughts on JT's handling of all of this, though that will never happen.

Remember though, to play Devil's Advocate here, their situations are different. We outright let Zach go. He didn't demand a trade, threaten to sitout and withhold his services, even though he is under a contract. We tore up Zach's contract and said "good bye, and thanks".

JT is just being a spoiled brat.

Back
Top Bottom