ZaQuandre White breaking ankles | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ZaQuandre White breaking ankles

If ZaQuandre White can show the ability to continue to get yards after contact in the pro's, then there's a place for him on this team.

I’m really not sure how to contextualize this stat, is it as black and white as it seems? Or are their team variables that make it not so black and white?

As far as it pertains to his hectic style of running I think it means he has some short area ability to get through some contact, but his lack of speed makes him easy to catch thereafter.

I know that PFF lists missed tackles per attempt and yards after contact per attempt among it's most stable metrics for RB prospects. (ie. if your good at that in college then you'll probably be good at that in the pros). (Although personally I find that big backs with slow feet can be good at YAC in college and not near as good in the pros). Another variable is level of competition. There's a big difference in being good at breaking tackles in the SEC vs. being good at breaking tackles in division II or whatever they call it now.

I wasn't particularly high on White as a prospect, although I do see him as a good fit, but I do think that leading all SEC backs in yards after contact bodes well for his odds of NFL success. I'm also not sure that his pro day 40 time is a good measure of his speed, especially if reports of him having a bad ankle at the time are accurate. He looked like a 4.5 guy on film to me.

I’m really not sure how to contextualize this stat, is it as black and white as it seems? Or are their team variables that make it not so black and white?

As far as it pertains to his hectic style of running I think it means he has some short area ability to get through some contact, but his lack of speed makes him easy to catch thereafter.
Yep! Lack of top end speed.

Pretty nice video, like what I saw. Definitely a chance to make the team

I think I saw he was coming back from an injury and ran a 4.63… looks faster than that on those plays
Shifty and strong can be effective as well. Anyone recall what Emmitt Smiths 40 time was?

It’s his contact balance. Plain and simple. Does it matter if he doesn’t break it for 80 yards if he’s getting through the wash for 5-10 yards instead of 1-3 yards? It’s still incredibly valuable to the success of any offense. I like him.

It’s his contact balance. Plain and simple. Does it matter if he doesn’t break it for 80 yards if he’s getting through the wash for 5-10 yards instead of 1-3 yards? It’s still incredibly valuable to the success of any offense. I like him.

Absolutely! Not saying he can’t have utility.

In short, very raw at the position, but lots of upside due to physical abilities.

If he shows up in training camp I see him fighting for a practice squad spot.

Correct 4.63 in the 40 is very ordinary and I see him more as a practice squad candidate than a player who will make the finale 53.
Per reports he had an injured ankle when he ran that 4.63. He previously ran a 4.51 at FSU. Based on what I see on film, that 4.51 is probably more accurate.

Per reports he had an injured ankle when he ran that 4.63. He previously ran a 4.51 at FSU. Based on what I see on film, that 4.51 is probably more accurate.
I wouldn't be overly concerned anyway for a running back. If he can make a cut and hit the gap to get into space I won't be complaining too loud if he gets caught 40 yards down field. #firstworldproblems

It's a good question. I don't know what his level of competition was, but obviously that factors in. He looks quick enough on tape, shifty for sure.

He's someone I'm excited to see in training camp and preseason. Don't know what Miami thinks of Doaks, but that could be a good competition.

I wouldn't be overly concerned anyway for a running back. If he can make a cut and hit the gap to get into space I won't be complaining too loud if he gets caught 40 yards down field. #firstworldproblems
I'm not really concerned. I trust what I see on film. But you'll often get some posters who'll see that 40 number from his pro day and act like it's a good representation of his actual speed.

Back
Top Bottom