Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 10 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 10 Edition

Holland set the tone in this game right out of the gate. Pass rush, hard hits, also played center field knocking passes down. Finally, one of our top picks in the last two drafts looks like a future pro bowler.
I'm not sure how much we used him in spy role, but they seemed to bring him countless times on the blitz and I really only recall one time that Jackson was able to shake him. Absolutely huge game from that kid great post!

WTF?? Where was this coaching all year (Defensively Anyway)??? That was a MASTERPIECE of defensive coaching. Buddy Ryan would have loved every minute of it. On to the grades:

QB’s — C + They were playing behind the WORST OL in the league…With too many receivers that don’t get separation….. And the horrible play calling that did very little that shocked anyone…. BUT The QB’s weren’t that bad. Brissett wasn’t good….But how much of that was due to the factors listed above? Tua took some time to warm up….He definitely wasn’t great…But the throw on the wheel route to Wilson was perfectly timed and a great play. Yes…. The defense won this game. No… Neither QB was great or even very good…. But they did enough to win.

RB’s — C + : Again… They were victims of a line that couldn’t move anything nor anybody. Just like with the QB’s they get credit for that. Gaskin had some tough yards near the goal line there. The problem is we had a total of 37 yards from our RB’s. The good news is….This unit did enough to win.

WR’s — B - : Wilson, Ford and Waddle all had 4 catches apiece. Wilson on the wheel route ended up sealing the game. Great play there. There was some holding by Baltimore that didn’t get called… But not bad in general. Obviously, this unit needs to do more…But tonight…They played a good game and contributed to the win.

TE’s — C - : Gesicki was shut out tonight. Smythe had a clutch catch for 23 and Shaheen had 3 for 34 yards. We definitely needed more from this unit.

OL — D - : I’m in a good mood so I won’t hand out the F here. Even though I probably should. Especially with all the penalties at the worst times. Also, Eichenberg was awful tonight. However, I did see Jackson with a nice play or 2. This group remains the worst OL in the league (BY FAR) But for one night….They we’re good enough to win.

DL — A : Talk about creating confusion. This unit was all over the place. FINALLY. They played hard. Ogbah was great and every lineman pretty much contributed tonight. Highly Impressive.

LB’s — A : Again….This unit was VERY GOOD. Creating confusion. Pressure. Making tackles. Nice to see Phillips play a good game and get another half sack. Brilliant.

DB’s — A + : When Xavien Howard wants to play….He’s the best DB in the league. Period. Javon Holland is a stud. Plays all over the place tonight by multiple guys. Great game by this unit and they shut down one of the best QB’s in the game.

ST — B - : Palardy was barely pedestrian tonight except for 1 punt. But…He nailed that punt. Sanders was good. No real returns to speak of.

Coaching and Front Office — B - : Where has this defensive play calling been all year?? It’s a damn shame it took them this long to call a game like this. Baltimore had no answers at all for the zero blitzing and the fake blitzes. Amazing game by Boyer and his guys. Offensively….Not so much. Some really bad play calling tonight. However, Tua hit Wilson when we needed it. That was a good play call and something we need to see more of. Note to Flores…GET EICHENBERG OFF THE FIELD!!! He’s terrible.

Remember, TT was playing with a bad finger. I'd give QBs a B
I don't know whether to give props to RBs and/or OL, but late in the game, when MIA HAD TO run, they were successful.
LB - AVG seemed to have a good game.
Said this is the game thread, it didn't look like Palardy was putting his leg into his punts. was that a strategy to keep the ball away from the returner?

will ferrel GIF

More screen passes to (an eligible) Hunt!!!!

Yeah, don't know where this game came from. The defense has played well the last few weeks. But if not for some questionable penalties, Miami likely holds Baltimore without a touchdown.

Absolutely great plan on defense. After a win like that, you wonder why this unit was mostly pedestrian for much of the year.

While I agree Eichenberg didn't play well, his awareness on the fumble recovery was a huge play.

Actually thought there were some nice play calls by the OC'S. Although, it looks like 80 percent of the runs are designed to go up the middle.

All I can say about Holland is wow.

It's so nice to get a win when no one gave Miami a chance.

Sometimes teams pull the proverbial, rabbit out of a hat. That's what Flores did to solve the Baltimore Ravens Beatdowns. Lamar Jackson was confused the entire game. It was the first time all season long, I felt that team chemistry. The stadium was loud, in spite of the empty seats.

Isaiah Ford, Wilson and Waddle came up big for the game. But the defense was the star of the show.

What can you say about Hollands' development in such a short period of time. He is right up there with JT as one of my all time favorite draft picks. Absolutely love this kid. He's everything you want in a team player and prospect.

AAAA FOR EFFORT TONIGHT!!!

Im thinking Hunt needs to go back to RT, and Eichenberg needs to play guard.
I say they keep Hunt at guard, and wait until offseason to find a better option at tackle spots. Hunt is doing his job very well. Let him continue to develop there. I would prefer to see him master the position as opposed to being a jack of all trades and master of nothing like Jesse Davis.

I say they keep Hunt at guard, and wait until offseason to find a better option at tackle spots. Hunt is doing his job very well. Let him continue to develop there. I would prefer to see him master the position as opposed to being a jack of all trades and master of nothing like Jesse Davis.
Apparently, we have 5 Guards and no Tackles. We desperately need to sign/ draft Tackles.

Anyone want to explain what happened on the drive that Balt scored a TD with the penalties? I mean the roughing on Holland was a joke, but they can't all be bad officiating can they?

Yeah, don't know where this game came from. The defense has played well the last few weeks. But if not for some questionable penalties, Miami likely holds Baltimore without a touchdown.

Absolutely great plan on defense. After a win like that, you wonder why this unit was mostly pedestrian for much of the year.

While I agree Eichenberg didn't play well, his awareness on the fumble recovery was a huge play.

Actually thought there were some nice play calls by the OC'S. Although, it looks like 80 percent of the runs are designed to go up the middle.

All I can say about Holland is wow.

It's so nice to get a win when no one gave Miami a chance.

Javonte who? /s?

Back
Top Bottom