Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 10 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 10 Edition

Nice write up. It bugs me that we used a pick on a TE last year when we have so many capable guys at the position and one stud in MG. I mean, Shaheen and Smythe are no joke. Solid players.

Palardy gets an D- in my book. One great punt and a ton of crap ones that continued to give Balt a short field.

Zimm - love ya but I’m not down w the “when X wants to play” thing. I’ve heard this lately on the board and I don’t buy it. He’s a competitor and comes to play every week. Some games a star CB doesn’t make plays. Happens w all of the greats week in and out. But this guy makes more plays on defense for us during the course of a season than anyone since Jason Taylor. He’s that good. And I’m so glad he’s on our team.

The QBs played gritty / gutsy games. JB made a couple of nice plays but I’m not sure we win had he stayed in. We needed some plays from the QB in the 4th quarter and Tua made them. The first down play to Smythe so we didn’t go 3 and out and punt it right back. The long ball to Wilson. Big pass to Waddle in the 3rd I think. The TD run. His finger affected his accuracy but he made enough plays to help win the game. Kudos.

Jerome Baker showed why he’s so important on that play he forced a punt w that run down of the ball carrier - great speed on full display.

Zach Seiler’s rag doll of the RB was emblematic of how our D ball gagged this Ravens offense and rode them around the field. Love it.

A little love for Albert Wilson. I thought he was done prior to tonight.

Ravens keyed on MG and shut him down - was good to see other guys step up - including Shaheen w a great catch and Ford as well.

Finally, and this may not be popular, but Flores coached a brilliant game. Pre game plan on D was awesome. The in-game decisions like the challenge we all thought was stupid, not putting JB back in, managing a 4th and 1 smartly when emotion said “go for it” - he outcoached one of the best tonight.

Finally - Robert Hunt - lol that is priceless.
Weird too that Long hasn't seen the field much, while so many rookies are starting and playing well.

Agree with your take on Howard. Too often Miami has been behind and teams don't have to do much on offense, or take chances down the field.

Also, agree on the game plan. Jackson definitely looked confused even in deciding when to run. Holding him to 39 yards rushing was a fantastic effort that I haven't seen discussed.

There's got to be something out there better than Palardy.

If you are going to consider special teams an integral part of the game, you can't have a crap punter. You continually lose field position.
Definitely a big difference from last year. Need to upgrade at punter.

Holland may be Miami's best defensive player, or he's approaching that level.

Obviously, the Dolphins could also use a back like Williams. I do hope Miami eventually gets a power back.

RB draft possibilities for the next cycle IMO .... Rodriguez (Kentucky), Conner (Ole Miss), & K Williams (Notre Dame)

All could be had on day 2.

Edwards-Helaire, Elliott, McCaffrey, & Saquon are good reasons not to go RB in rd 1

Hunt needs to line up as eligible from time to time. Dude showed good ability to track the ball, soft hands, and a nose for the end zone. Lol

But I don't think it's where they're lining up as much as it's the coaching and play calling. There is a lot of undeniable talent on that line and it's the worst line in the league. All offensive coaching needs to go in the off-season
I also think most of the issues on the offense line are coaching. Definitely need a veteran ol coach.

Holland set the tone in this game right out of the gate. Pass rush, hard hits, also played center field knocking passes down. Finally, one of our top picks in the last two drafts looks like a future pro bowler.
Holland may already be Miami's best defensive player. At least he is trending in that direction.

Holland was a beast yesterday. Looking forward to his career here. Thought Tua played very well coming in relief, he’s growing as a QB imo, will he be great? Who knows at this point but he’s impressive with the ineptness around him and untalented WRs except for Waddle.
It was a clear game plan from the Ravens to take Gesicke out of the game and they did a good job of it.
I hope to never see Brissett again, although I don’t want the guy hurt at all.
We need to grow from this game.
What I want for Christmas, a new experienced OLine coach and OC
Since the problems are almost all on offense, I wonder if Miami can make the necessary changes in one offseason?

Ravens were very handsy with Gesicki. I think if the officials had called one PI, we might have seen a few catches from Gesicki.

Eich may have played bad but he saved the game with those two fumble recoveries, so gotta give him some credit there lol
The hustle during the fumble recoveries convinces me that effort is not where he has problems. I never thought that a lack of effort was the reason, but it is nice to have some confirmation.

I say they keep Hunt at guard, and wait until offseason to find a better option at tackle spots. Hunt is doing his job very well. Let him continue to develop there. I would prefer to see him master the position as opposed to being a jack of all trades and master of nothing like Jesse Davis.
Yeah, I don't think it's smart to keep moving players around. Not going to be fixed this year.

Moving Jackson to guard has helped a little, although I do think Eichenberg's best spot may be guard.

The Dolphins might need two tackles.

Anyone want to explain what happened on the drive that Balt scored a TD with the penalties? I mean the roughing on Holland was a joke, but they can't all be bad officiating can they?
Baker's call was legit and bad timing. But part of me wonders if that was payback for 59-10.

Since the problems are almost all on offense, I wonder if Miami can make the necessary changes in one offseason?

Ravens were very handsy with Gesicki. I think if the officials had called one PI, we might have seen a few catches from Gesicki.
I really believe with another guy on the OLine and a new OLine coach, new OC, and two new WRs and a RB we can achieve. That could be done in one offseason

I've said this before and will probably say it again. The phins need to draft Faalele (U of Minnesota). Then, let he and Hunt anchor the right side for the next decade or so.
I don't want to go into 2022 with Hunt as a Tackle. He is a guard, imo. Eich, in 2022 needs to come in and spot here and there. I'd let Eich, chill a bit as we scrambled his brain this year.

Our O-Line needs a complete face-lift. No way we should go into 2022 with these awful Lineman.

I don't want to go into 2022 with Hunt as a Tackle. He is a guard, imo. Eich, in 2022 needs to come in and spot here and there. I'd let Eich, chill a bit as we scrambled his brain this year.

Our O-Line needs a complete face-lift. No way we should go into 2022 with these awful Lineman.

Faalele, as I understand, is a natural ORT.

Hunt would stay at ORG... unless he lined up at FB or Tackle eligible

p.s. J Davis needs to be shown the door

Back
Top Bottom