Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 10 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 10 Edition

Might slightly lower the coaching grade to a B-. I think McD needs to start showing more adjustments. The outside pitches in the running game and the WR screens in the passing game have not been working. I understand that we’re playing with backup guards and maybe we’re hesitant to run inside, but we were playing with backup guards against KC and still had our most success running inside.

I think we really need to come in with a fresh plan against the Jets D. They have too much speed and aggressiveness for us to rely on outside runs or slow-developing plays. I hope Berrios is back and we can utilize him on short, quick routes to pick up easy yards and keep us out of 3rd & longs. Same with Smythe and some short routes.

So much of this is dependent on our injury issues. We could really use Berrios, Hunt, Smythe, and Achane on Friday. I hope we get some positive updates later today.

This offense would be unstoppable if it had a TE that could exploit zones underneath as well as a RB who could dominate in the flats.

Medical staff should get a D for allowing Achane back on the field prematurely, his knee clearly wasn't ready for contact and am so glad coach held him out the rest of the game.

This offense would be unstoppable if it had a TE that could exploit zones underneath as well as a RB who could dominate in the flats.

Medical staff should get a D for allowing Achane back on the field prematurely, his knee clearly wasn't ready for contact and am so glad coach held him out the rest of the game.
Achane didn't look like he was ready to play and he should have gotten the ball in space to get a rhythm. Slamming him into the line was not an ideal welcome back.

I'm not saying Miami has great TEs, but the playcalling hasn't tried to "exploit" them yet

Might slightly lower the coaching grade to a B-. I think McD needs to start showing more adjustments. The outside pitches in the running game and the WR screens in the passing game have not been working. I understand that we’re playing with backup guards and maybe we’re hesitant to run inside, but we were playing with backup guards against KC and still had our most success running inside.

I think we really need to come in with a fresh plan against the Jets D. They have too much speed and aggressiveness for us to rely on outside runs or slow-developing plays. I hope Berrios is back and we can utilize him on short, quick routes to pick up easy yards and keep us out of 3rd & longs. Same with Smythe and some short routes.

So much of this is dependent on our injury issues. We could really use Berrios, Hunt, Smythe, and Achane on Friday. I hope we get some positive updates later today.
Agree. Miami might need to play "little ball" to win this one. Nothing wrong with a bunch of five-yard gains if you're moving the chains. And we know Tua can do that.

This is a game where Miami will have to be patient and not force things. I think the only way New York has a chance is with turnovers.

I do like that McDaniel stuck with the run against the Raiders. Obviously, Miami didn't dominate in the run game but those 99 yards were a big reason the team won.

It was interesting how his body language changed when Hill was out of the game and then again when he returned. Waddle seemed to play with more fire when he was the #1.
Most definitely. Gotta be a way to split balls to both . Is he not getting open?

I'm not saying Miami has great TEs, but the playcalling hasn't tried to "exploit" them yet
It is crazy that a TE has not scored a TD this year to me. I agree that they are very much underutilized, especially in the red zone.

The injuries to both Guards coincides with the running game and offense in general not quite as sharp last few games (also missing Achane).

Tua gets a B+ for his numbers including the pick where Waddle ran a shorter route. In a timing play those types of INT's will happen.

Tua gets a F+ for the head first slide and fumble. There should never be a play worthy of putting his head at risk. the "+" for effort.

The slide is always better. Agreed.

For what it's worth, I thought these were interesting stats to share.

The Raiders had 12 first downs and 13 points.

The Dolphins had 21 first downs and 20 points.

Also, of the top three quarterbacks drafted in 2020, Tua becomes the first to reach 30 wins.

Tua 30-16
Burrow 29-22-1
Herbert 29-30

And that was with a very problematic start - coaching wise.

The injuries to both Guards coincides with the running game and offense in general not quite as sharp last few games (also missing Achane).

Tua gets a B+ for his numbers including the pick where Waddle ran a shorter route. In a timing play those types of INT's will happen.

Tua gets a F+ for the head first slide and fumble. There should never be a play worthy of putting his head at risk. the "+" for effort.
Correct.
One aw-s**t overrides a 100 at-a-boys. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom