Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 10 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 10 Edition

Solid report Zim.
Think Wilson deserves a little love with 3 catches.
One of the best things about the O line was no further injuries.
Was gonna say the same. They were good catches. As was the long one by Chosen too bad it was at the end of the half

Agree. Miami might need to play "little ball" to win this one. Nothing wrong with a bunch of five-yard gains if you're moving the chains. And we know Tua can do that.

This is a game where Miami will have to be patient and not force things. I think the only way New York has a chance is with turnovers.

I do like that McDaniel stuck with the run against the Raiders. Obviously, Miami didn't dominate in the run game but those 99 yards were a big reason the team won.
100% on both takes. That’s a good description - “little ball”. If we get into scoring position and face 4th down, I want to see us take the FGs - like Buff did 3 times early against them. Don’t force things. They aren’t good enough to score the requisite amount on O to beat you if you don’t beat yourself by being impatient.

I think Tua is now being judged by a different standard. The fumble happened during his attempt to pick up the first down and while the fumble was unfortunate, the defensive player made a great hit and the ball came out a spit second before his knee hit the ground. I just find it hard to fault Tua for running on that play and fumbles happen from time to time.

The overthrow to Waddle that was intercepted was a bad throw, no doubt. Tua had to move around in the pocket several times during the game because of the pass rush and that led to him throwing the ball away or to rush a few of his passes.

That being stated, He was the first QB this year to throw for over 300 yards against the Raiders defense. He also threw for 2 TD’s. Along with a 103 QB rating, I just don’t see his grade any lower than A minus.

Most every poster on here would having been raving about the stats Tua put up against the Raiders in previous years but somehow now those stats are just not enough for some posters. I just don’t understand.

The OL grade is too low, but I agree with the other grades. Ajax and Williams were very good. Armstead was solid, but had a couple of plays that are worse than his usual floor. Eichenberg was good enough on most plays. There were a couple of poor plays. The worst performance was definitely Cotton. The group deserves a B-.

Over 300 yards and a 2TD's is a "C" in your book? What grade are you giving Zach Wilson this week?
An F-.

And how are we grading Tua? Didn’t I say I give him a C by his own standards? I did.

7-3 after 10 games?? Who here wouldn’t have taken that last April?? I know I would have. The crazy part is our QB had 325 yds passing and our offense had another 99 yds rushing and it felt like a bad day because we only scored 20 points. I love it. The feeling here is that this defense is starting to roll. We have an exciting ending to this season coming up! On to the grades:

QB — B - : Not Tua’s best day. Not Tua’s worst day either. Mediocre pretty much sums it up in my mind. Again, Tua had 325 yards and a 103 QB rating. I guess I can’t be too critical here but the fumble and the interception weren’t what we wanted to see. As I see it, Tua was a little rusty on Sunday. Let’s hope he’s more efficient this Friday.

RB’s — B - : Again, a decent day by this group. Mostert led the way with 86 yards on 22 carries. That’s a 3.9 yard average. Not overly efficient. It was nice to see Achane back for 5 minutes. Also, I thought the offensive line had a below average day. That definitely contributed to the inefficiencies by this group. On a more positive note, we had a Nice TD on a beautifully set up screen by Salvon Ahmed.

TE’s — C - : Man, did we miss Durham Smythe. Julian Hill had one catch for 10 yards, and a fumble that could’ve been very costly. Luckily for us, it wasn’t. You can definitely tell he’s a rookie. Let’s hope Durham Smythe is back Friday.

WR’s — A : Tyreek Hill went off. 146 yards on 10 receptions and a touchdown is a good day for any receiver. I’ve got to give props to Chris Grier for making the trade. Great move. Waddle had a good game himself with four catches for 55 yards. In general this group had a great day.

OL — C - : This is the group that probably had the worst day on the offensive side of the ball. The pass protection was average at best all day. The run blocking wasn’t so special either. Regardless, we got out of there with the win. A big hope is that we have Hunt back on Friday. His absence was definitely noticed on Sunday. Again, we had 425 yards of total offense, so I can’t be too critical.

DL — A : We only allowed 36 yards rushing and 271 yards passing Sunday. This group was a huge part of that. Wilkins looked good and was active all day. Sieler was his usual solid self in the trenches as well. Overall, a very good day from this group. Solid, workmanlike effort. I like watching a good defensive line do their thing.

LB’s — A : Phillips had two sacks, Van Ginko had two passes defensed and Chubb was active all day with 3 solo tackles. A really good day for the linebackers as they helped hold the Raiders under 310 yards of offense. Nice day by these guys.

DB’s — A + : How good is Ramsey these past 2 games?? Amazing to watch. Kohou had a really good game as well. In my mind, Xavien Howard better get ready to see some footballs coming his way. By the way, Holland was exceptional as well Sunday. This defense is really starting to cook and I can’t wait to watch what happens the rest of the year.

ST’s — C - : Along with the OL and the TE’s, this was the worst performance of the day. Sanders missed a 50 yarder and has been really inconsistent all year. His performance this year has me concerned. Bailey wasn’t much better although he did hit a beautiful punt late in the fourth quarter. My guess is that we have new kickers next year.

Coaching — B : I thought the offensive play calling was a little too generic this week. But if you think about it, we still had 424 yards of offense. The defense is starting to get nasty and I think Fangio is really starting to show his worth. Overall, a good coaching day, even though we were a little rusty on offense.

Conclusion: We’re in really good shape going in to week 11. I really want to see Smythe and Hunt playing Friday if possible. Both guys definitely make a difference. We played well enough to put ourselves in a really good position for the rest of the year. With Thanksgiving coming up, the Dolphins are one of the reasons to give thanks. I want to wish everyone that reads this thread a happy Thanksgiving to you and your families.
I

I agree with almost everything and every grade, except the coaching. They got their yardage, so parts of the gameplan worked but his judgement and play calling were poor and going to the pistol, while understandable, did nothing at all. His play selection near the end of the fourth was a mistake. Do what you do best and throw the ball at least once to get the first down and end the game. I would give them a c maybe even a c-. Fangio and the d obviously are improving. Fangio has added a couple of stunts etc, but McD had a bad day. Happy Thanksgiving.

He's getting open, his problem is that Hill is also getting open and Hill is usually the first read so the ball goes to him.

As soon as Hill went out, Waddle became the first read and was open 3 plays in a row.
Interesting, not surprising though, waddle is a heck of a player, many teams would consider him a #1 receiving option. Wish Tyreek would stop getting separation once in a while...

As an aside, I wish we could watch games live in all-22, I hate not being able to see receiver routes past 5 yds

To me the X factor is that our O is doing this and winning games with 3rd string Guards playing. In the past our O would have been destroyed right up the middle. Kudos to the coaching staff for having these players ready to fill in at an acceptable level. Thanks Zim!

What's an "A" then? 500 yards and 5 TD's?
Dude threw a terrible INT when receiver was wide open, had 1 completely dropped INT on a bad throw in triple coverage, and a fumble.

I’m sorry if, by his standards, I don’t consider that a great performance.

Is that understandable?

Dude threw a terrible INT when receiver was wide open, had 1 completely dropped INT on a bad throw in triple coverage, and a fumble.

I’m sorry if, by his standards, I don’t consider that a great performance.

Is that understandable?
I guess I watch more football than you, this happens so much all over the league, especially "almost INT's".

To me , this is a B performance for Tua's standards, nothing over 300 yards and 2TD's warrants a "C", IMO

Interesting, not surprising though, waddle is a heck of a player, many teams would consider him a #1 receiving option. Wish Tyreek would stop getting separation once in a while...

As an aside, I wish we could watch games live in all-22, I hate not being able to see receiver routes past 5 yds
Really? - LOL

Back
Top Bottom