Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 11 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 11 Edition

Thanks Brother. Yours is probably my favorite response of all time.
My Grades on Brother Zimm:

Football knowledge - A+
Content- A+
Spelling/Punctuation/Grammar - A+

Thank you so much for your weekly review. Much appreciated and respected!
Get a room boys.

;)

I'll give this a shot...

Front Office Foresight Grade: F-

They signed an amazing LT with a long history of missing games due to injury, but failed to also sign a suitable replacement who isn't a liability. With Armstead's history, how can you not be prepared for when he gets hurt?

Front Office Foresight Grade: F-

They signed an amazing LT with a long history of missing games due to injury, but failed to also sign a suitable replacement who isn't a liability. With Armstead's history, how can you not be prepared for when he gets hurt?
i know man, you’re so right. It sucks that we lost the game because of the front office lack of foresight.

What? We didn’t lose? But I thought…

i know man, you’re so right. It sucks that we lost the game because of the front office lack of foresight.

What? We didn’t lose? But I thought…
If they do end up losing a game (or games) because of poor o-line play, then it's on the FO. Between the Boy Scouts and the Army, I learned that it's always best to be prepared!

If they do end up losing a game (or games) because of poor o-line play, then it's on the FO. Between the Boy Scouts and the Army, I learned that it's always best to be prepared!
They signed Little and Shell both who had NFL starter experience, who knew they would be so bad?

Rating @DZimmer000 's grades

We’re 8-3 and at the top of the AFC East 11 games into the season. Who wouldn’t have taken that back in August?? Our offense is clicking, we have QB1 identified and locked in. The defense is improving and Chubb is starting to grow

View attachment 124119

Sorry Zim couldn't resist...........................View attachment 124120

Do agree with your grades.
Sanders nailing all 6 chances was a positive, hopefully he turns the corner.
i can't believe you were filming me when we were up 30 to nothing!

Well Fin Fans….We’re 8-3 and at the top of the AFC East 11 games into the season. Who wouldn’t have taken that back in August?? Our offense is clicking, we have QB1 identified and locked in. The defense is improving and Chubb is starting to grow (OK…..Maybe not the right words there). BUT all of this doesn’t mean we can’t be a little critical of yesterday’s performance. With that in mind…On to the grades:

QB’s — The Good: Tua was on for the most part….But he did look a little rusty. Regardless, 22 of 36 for 299 and a TD is damn good.while that was good for only 61% of his throws, he didn’t throw a pick. That’s still good QB play.

The Bad: As mentioned Tua looked a little rusty in spots. While not a bad performance by any means….Yesterday wasn’t his best. Skyler Thompson was only 1 of 5 for 6 yards. He’s gotta be Better than that.

The Grade: B . Thompson figured into this grade and brought it down from an A.

RB’s — The Good: Wilson ran hard on his 13 Carrie’s and found the end zone once. Wilson did have a nice catch for 13 yards as well.

The Bad — Gaskin and Wilson had only 56 yards total between them and both of them averaged 3 yards or under. This will definitely need to improve immensely by next week. We will need our running game against the 9ers.

The Grade: C . Not a horrible performance, but not good either. Just average.

TE’s — The Good: Smythe with his first TD in years was good to see.

The Bad: Between Smythe and Gesicki they had 1 catch for 4 yards and a TD. I’m guessing you figured out the 1 catch wasn’t Gesicki. Is he being mis-used? Who knows….But 0 catches for 0 yards isn’t going to get the big contract he’s looking for next year.

The Grade: D +. Not good enough yesterday. Not even close.

WR’s — The Good: The ball was distributed pretty evenly among our WR’s. Hill and Waddle had 6 and 5 catches respectively. Cracraft, Wilson and Sheffield all contributed. A good effort by this group yesterday.

The Bad: A couple drops by Waddle hurt….But Not too bad. Other than that….Nothing to complain about.

The Grade: A. It really is a shame there’s only 1 ball to go around. This is a very good WR unit.

OL — The Good: Tua wasn’t injured yesterday and had a few nice pockets to throw In. Then Armstead went down.

The Bad: Shell was awful yesterday. I literally watched him get beat 4 plays in a row like he wasn’t even there. That was pathetic. By the way….Austin Jackson was no world beater when he was in there either. Although he was better than Shell. Armstead makes a HUGE difference on this line and his Injury is gonna haunt us until he comes back.

The Grade: C - . They had a solid B in the first half…..The second half was probably a D -. Let’s hope we get this fixed ASAP.

DL — The Good: Seiler, Wilkins and Davis were active yesterday. The DL played a decent game holding the Texans to 36 yards rushing. Not bad at all.

The Bad: The 2nd half was not great. I felt like Boyer took his foot off the gas.

The Grade: B - . I would like to have seen a better more dominant performance in the 2nd half. Still, this was a good day.

LB’s — The Good: Chubb with a strip sack. JP with a sack. Van Ginko with an interception. Baker and Roberts with a sack each. Pressure on the QB….What’s not to like?

The Bad: Not too much to complain about.

The Grade: A - . A good day against a bad team. But I’ll take that.

DB’s — The Good: We held an NFL QB to 215 Yards total in the air. A scoop and score by X who played a very good game yesterday. Forced fumble by Rowe. Nice game.

The Bad: A personal foul on the snowman kept a drive alive for the Texans. Other than that….Not much to complain about here.

The Grade: B +. Nice game by these guys.

ST’s — The Good: Morstead had a 49.3 average on 6 punts. Sanders didn’t miss.

The Bad: Our return game is not great right now. We are still allowing way too many yards in coverage.

The Grade: C +. The return game and our coverage team hurt this grade.

Coaching — The Good: The first half was good. We were shaking off some bye week rust and looking good. 30 - 0 is a great first half.

The Bad: I felt like the urgency wasn’t there in the 2nd half. I really thought we should have run the ball more as well.

The Grade: C . We need to be better than yesterday if we’re going to win the tough games we have coming up.

The Conclusion: We were good yesterday in the first half. The 2nd half? Not so much. We need a complete game this week in San Fran. Let’s hope we get it.
I'd add that Tua actually helped the O-line several times......any other QB would have gotten sacked a couple of more times in the 1st half.....on the TD to Smythe Armstead was beat but Tua worked around it.......Ajax almost costed a sack but again, Tua went around that and had a completion.

It might have been worthwhile to do two sets of grades - grades for the first half and grades for the second half.

Just kidding,

Fair grades.
I not only agree, but would like to see that extended to ratings by quarter, with some possible explanation of why the team deviated, if it did, from the previous quarter,

Another piece of good news: we're no longer 32nd in special teams by DVOA! Denver overtook us.

Seriously, special teams make me nervous. Good teams have lost key games in the past because of special teams, like the Chargers or Packers. And we play then both! Wouldn't it be funny if ...? No. No, it wouldn't be funny at all.

I love imaginary records. "All-purpose" touchdowns over the first 5 years of a career?

Try throwing for those TDs Josh.
It's easier now for QBs, anyway. It's still not a bad split as far as these things go. Some are just ridiculous.
I agree it is always best, but in the nfl with the salary cap, depth is a luxury that we in particular couldn't afford. It was hard enough to field a decent starting five. I'll take it and let's work on it some more in the off-season.

Back
Top Bottom