Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 11 Edition | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 11 Edition

Gesicki is just a horrible fit in this offense.....I have said that on O TE is a major need next (outside OL). Gesicki can't come close to playing TE in this O. Smythe is just a solid blocker, but adds very little in the pass game, he has good hands but not athletic and a poor8sh route runner as well. The O has been great for the most part, but a legitimate TE would take it to a new level. With the attention Hill/Waddle get a top TE would feast on dumb downs after they clear out the safeties.
I think that you underestimate Durham Smythe's catching ability. He's not "just a blocker". When least expected, he can make a good play - eg last week's TD. Tua did well scrambling but Smythe deserves credit as well. He gets very few opportunities because the Dolphin offense is pretty loaded, but don't write him off. He's better than many realize.
BTW - Agree that Mike Gesicki is not a good fit for the Offense for the future, but this may be precisely the game when MG's height and speed make some plays.

I’ve an interesting take away from the Texans game, their TE Jordan Akins is a FA this coming off season and I thought he was a handful. Gesicki is talk, Akins is big.

Might be something to explore in the off season a possible diamond.

Back
Top Bottom