Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 11 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 11 Edition

I don't see the rust you talk about with Tua Zim, I thought he was quick and decisive and accurate, I counted four drops by waddle where the ball was very catchable, and some other drops.

Rating @DZimmer000 's grades

We’re 8-3 and at the top of the AFC East 11 games into the season. Who wouldn’t have taken that back in August?? Our offense is clicking, we have QB1 identified and locked in. The defense is improving and Chubb is starting to grow

View attachment 124119

Sorry Zim couldn't resist...........................View attachment 124120

Do agree with your grades.
Sanders nailing all 6 chances was a positive, hopefully he turns the corner.
What do you have to Google to find that gif? Wait, no...don't tell us

If they do end up losing a game (or games) because of poor o-line play, then it's on the FO. Between the Boy Scouts and the Army, I learned that it's always best to be prepared!
If they do end up losing games, they’ve still BLOWN OUT THE ENTIRE WORLDS EXPECTATIONS.

They’re not perfect. They got 3-4 new OL players (2 legit starters) in the offseason along with 4 new WR, 2 new RBs, 1 new FB.

That’s a lot they’ve done and I’m pretty sure we would all agree it has worked.

Do you gripe as much in real life too?

Regarding the TE, do you think it's more a scheme by McDaniel not to utilize Gesecki or its Tua? Because when gesecki was on of Fitz favorite targets whwn he was playing. I understand we didn't have hill or waddle but Gesecki is such a Red Zone threat I don't get it?
Gesicki is just a horrible fit in this offense. McDaniel tried in the preseason and at the beginning of the year to see if he could handle the TE position and he couldn't handle playing the true TE in this O. We run a lot of 22 and 21 sets, and Gesicki is just a horrible liability in the blocking assignments in these sets. Also even when Gesicki lines up at slot/WR he is just not a great route runner, and this O is based off timing and hitting the right spots. I just don’t think Tua trusts Gesicki that much, when he does throw to him it's because he wide open or it is a 50/50 high ball throw.

I have said that on O TE is a major need next (outside OL). Gesicki can't come close to playing TE in this O. Smythe is just a solid blocker, but adds very little in the pass game, he has good hands but not athletic and a poor8sh route runner as well. The O has been great for the most part, but a legitimate TE would take it to a new level. With the attention Hill/Waddle get a top TE would feast on dumb downs after they clear out the safeties.

Since I can't start new threads.....has anyone seen this yet?

This is definitely a mew article. It is cherry picking, to prop up there guy. Why not pass TDs? Cause they need Allens rush TDs to make it close. Also no mention of the massive difference between pass TDs in the mid 80 compared to today. Marino first 5 years as a QB was far far far greater then Allen.

Well Fin Fans….We’re 8-3 and at the top of the AFC East 11 games into the season. Who wouldn’t have taken that back in August?? Our offense is clicking, we have QB1 identified and locked in. The defense is improving and Chubb is starting to grow (OK…..Maybe not the right words there). BUT all of this doesn’t mean we can’t be a little critical of yesterday’s performance. With that in mind…On to the grades:

QB’s — The Good: Tua was on for the most part….But he did look a little rusty. Regardless, 22 of 36 for 299 and a TD is damn good.while that was good for only 61% of his throws, he didn’t throw a pick. That’s still good QB play.

The Bad: As mentioned Tua looked a little rusty in spots. While not a bad performance by any means….Yesterday wasn’t his best. Skyler Thompson was only 1 of 5 for 6 yards. He’s gotta be Better than that.

The Grade: B . Thompson figured into this grade and brought it down from an A.

RB’s — The Good: Wilson ran hard on his 13 Carrie’s and found the end zone once. Wilson did have a nice catch for 13 yards as well.

The Bad — Gaskin and Wilson had only 56 yards total between them and both of them averaged 3 yards or under. This will definitely need to improve immensely by next week. We will need our running game against the 9ers.

The Grade: C . Not a horrible performance, but not good either. Just average.

TE’s — The Good: Smythe with his first TD in years was good to see.

The Bad: Between Smythe and Gesicki they had 1 catch for 4 yards and a TD. I’m guessing you figured out the 1 catch wasn’t Gesicki. Is he being mis-used? Who knows….But 0 catches for 0 yards isn’t going to get the big contract he’s looking for next year.

The Grade: D +. Not good enough yesterday. Not even close.

WR’s — The Good: The ball was distributed pretty evenly among our WR’s. Hill and Waddle had 6 and 5 catches respectively. Cracraft, Wilson and Sheffield all contributed. A good effort by this group yesterday.

The Bad: A couple drops by Waddle hurt….But Not too bad. Other than that….Nothing to complain about.

The Grade: A. It really is a shame there’s only 1 ball to go around. This is a very good WR unit.

OL — The Good: Tua wasn’t injured yesterday and had a few nice pockets to throw In. Then Armstead went down.

The Bad: Shell was awful yesterday. I literally watched him get beat 4 plays in a row like he wasn’t even there. That was pathetic. By the way….Austin Jackson was no world beater when he was in there either. Although he was better than Shell. Armstead makes a HUGE difference on this line and his Injury is gonna haunt us until he comes back.

The Grade: C - . They had a solid B in the first half…..The second half was probably a D -. Let’s hope we get this fixed ASAP.

DL — The Good: Seiler, Wilkins and Davis were active yesterday. The DL played a decent game holding the Texans to 36 yards rushing. Not bad at all.

The Bad: The 2nd half was not great. I felt like Boyer took his foot off the gas.

The Grade: B - . I would like to have seen a better more dominant performance in the 2nd half. Still, this was a good day.

LB’s — The Good: Chubb with a strip sack. JP with a sack. Van Ginko with an interception. Baker and Roberts with a sack each. Pressure on the QB….What’s not to like?

The Bad: Not too much to complain about.

The Grade: A - . A good day against a bad team. But I’ll take that.

DB’s — The Good: We held an NFL QB to 215 Yards total in the air. A scoop and score by X who played a very good game yesterday. Forced fumble by Rowe. Nice game.

The Bad: A personal foul on the snowman kept a drive alive for the Texans. Other than that….Not much to complain about here.

The Grade: B +. Nice game by these guys.

ST’s — The Good: Morstead had a 49.3 average on 6 punts. Sanders didn’t miss.

The Bad: Our return game is not great right now. We are still allowing way too many yards in coverage.

The Grade: C +. The return game and our coverage team hurt this grade.

Coaching — The Good: The first half was good. We were shaking off some bye week rust and looking good. 30 - 0 is a great first half.

The Bad: I felt like the urgency wasn’t there in the 2nd half. I really thought we should have run the ball more as well.

The Grade: C . We need to be better than yesterday if we’re going to win the tough games we have coming up.

The Conclusion: We were good yesterday in the first half. The 2nd half? Not so much. We need a complete game this week in San Fran. Let’s hope we get it.
I really enjoy your break down and grading of the game 💪

If they do end up losing games, they’ve still BLOWN OUT THE ENTIRE WORLDS EXPECTATIONS.

They’re not perfect. They got 3-4 new OL players (2 legit starters) in the offseason along with 4 new WR, 2 new RBs, 1 new FB.

That’s a lot they’ve done and I’m pretty sure we would all agree it has worked.

Do you gripe as much in real life too?
I know that it's unrealistic to expect the first year of a completely new offense and Head Coach to end with a Super Bowl victory. However, in my defense, after seeing what they could do on offense with Tua, Hill, and Waddle (and a few others), I felt that it was okay to expect something close to perfection on offense, even with a ton of injuries on defense. I figured that if the defense couldn't do their part, the offense could easily win shootouts.

And yes, you're right... they have already exceeded expectations. But, I see a team that could easily be the #1 offense in the entire NFL if they had only put a little more emphasis on fixing the worst o-line in the league. Sorry, but IMO there is no excuse for signing a LT with a history of injuries and then not having a competent replacement for him. I get it; it's just Year #1 and they have a winning record, so why complain? They can always upgrade the o-line (and depth) for next season, right? That said, I don't trust this team to actually build a consistently good o-line, not when an undrafted guy and an older journeyman veteran back-up are better than their 1st and 2nd round draft picks.

I'll give this a shot...

Front Office Foresight Grade: F-

They signed an amazing LT with a long history of missing games due to injury, but failed to also sign a suitable replacement who isn't a liability. With Armstead's history, how can you not be prepared for when he gets hurt?
Front office for every team in the league missed on one decision. F-. Come’on man!!!!

I don't see the rust you talk about with Tua Zim, I thought he was quick and decisive and accurate, I counted four drops by waddle where the ball was very catchable, and some other drops.
I thought he showed a little rust in there…..But you really could attribute that to the poor OL play….Especially in the 3rd quarter. Regardless, Tua at only 61% completion percentage is rusty to me. Normally he’s up around 80%

I thought he showed a little rust in there…..But you really could attribute that to the poor OL play….Especially in the 3rd quarter. Regardless, Tua at only 61% completion percentage is rusty to me. Normally he’s up around 80%
That 61 number lacks context imo, He had an inordinate numbers of drops from my account, 5 balls that had good placement, very catchable..

Two throw aways due to uncontested pressure

That 61 number lacks context imo, He had an inordinate numbers of drops from my account, 5 balls that had good placement, very catchable..

Two throw aways due to uncontested pressure
I’ll buy that…. Maybe better to say the offense was a little rusty.

Back
Top Bottom