Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 12 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 12 Edition

Look around the league and see if any other QB played as well. - LOL
I've stated, numerous times, that Tua played better today than any other game. It may not have had as many flashy plays as his other good game against Phoenix last year, but he was efficient and actually placed the ball where the receivers could advance the ball. He's showing definite improvement. However, he's not playing to the level of the other top QBs; to claim otherwise is just looking through tua colored lenses. I don't know if he's finally learned the playbook, or if the game is starting to slow down, but he's shown marked improvement. It's not "hating" to state that he's not the best QB in the game, or that he didn't have a HoF type game.

I've stated, numerous times, that Tua played better today than any other game. It may not have had as many flashy plays as his other good game against Phoenix last year, but he was efficient and actually placed the ball where the receivers could advance the ball. He's showing definite improvement. However, he's not playing to the level of the other top QBs; to claim otherwise is just looking through tua colored lenses. I don't know if he's finally learned the playbook, or if the game is starting to slow down, but he's shown marked improvement. It's not "hating" to state that he's not the best QB in the game, or that he didn't have a HoF type game.
Tua's stats look good to me; as did his play today.
Today he played a "Magnificent" game.

There is a guy in one of the other threads that posted pictures of the crow he was about to eat. Maybe you can get his recipe? - LOL

Zim, I do enjoy your grades but just another comment on layout outside of content. Addition of ref calls for sure. Also, if you split coaching and front office. Coaching is week by week, front office gives an idea of how your grades of our draft picks are working out are. That is all, hard to br critical of a game where all three phases were hitting outside of the OL specifically the C. Thanks for the work!

Tua's stats look good to me; as did his play today.
Today he played a "Magnificent" game.

There is a guy in one of the other threads that posted pictures of the crow he was about to eat. Maybe you can get his recipe? - LOL
Eating Crow is for guys that predict something that turns out to be extremely wrong. I never predicted anything. I've only commented on what I've observed, and contrary to what some might think of anyone that has an opposing opinion, I have no agenda.

Eating Crow is for guys that predict something that turns out to be extremely wrong. I never predicted anything. I've only commented on what I've observed, and contrary to what some might think of anyone that has an opposing opinion, I have no agenda.
So, your comments never "crossed the line" into having been wrong.

Why am I having so much trouble accepting that - LOL

So you think that looking at a young QB who was coming off an injury and learning the NFL game should just play like a hall of fame player on a bad team? You don’t see anything but the numbers?

So you think that looking at a young QB who was coming off an injury and learning the NFL game should just play like a hall of fame player on a bad team? You don’t see anything but the numbers?
I'm not Cam Newton. I don't suspect everyone has read everything I've posted. However, if you look at what I've posted, or what I've intimated, you'll conclude what I've stated in the post that you've quoted.

Hey Zim - thanks for doing this and agree w it for the most part. Shouldn’t ST be an “A” given that we got a blocked punt for TD and Palardy punted 4 times - all 4 downed inside the 20? The only boo-boo was the missed PAT which would keep it from an A+ IMO. The TD is huge.

Note: Wilson’s 3 yards per catch must be due to the fact he likes to run forward and then backwards to lose yardage lol 😆

I get that the Wildcat worked today. But I honestly don’t get it. Tua is 10-13 inside the 10 yard line with 8Tds and no ints this season. I guess it keeps teams off balance but in the past it’s cost us points. IMO
As you point out, it worked. I assume they will keep the wildcat in the playbook until it doesn’t work. I too would prefer having Tua with the ball in his hands on every snap but it’s hard to argue with success and yesterday the wildcat was a success.

As you point out, it worked. I assume they will keep the wildcat in the playbook until it doesn’t work. I too would prefer having Tua with the ball in his hands on every snap but it’s hard to argue with success and yesterday the wildcat was a success.
You’re making my point.

The rest of the team inside the 10 yard line

5-13 completions with 4TDs & 1 first down

29 rush attempts 5TDs & 3 first downs

Tua inside the 10 yard line

13-17 completions with 9TDs & 1 first down

5 rush attempts 3TDs & 1 first down

Also zero Ints and zero sacks all around.

I’m not saying that it’s something that we shouldn’t do, but if it ain’t broke don’t fix it leans heavily towards our QB in these situations. IMO

Back
Top Bottom