Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 12 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 12 Edition

By the way, I've seen a lot of criticism before about the direct snaps (which are not the same thing as the Wildcat), but it's a fundamentally sound play that eliminates the numbers disadvantage for the offense and which, IMO, will not disappear from the league anytime soon.

Very convienent of me to point it out after a couple of TDs, but it's true nonetheless. I just didn't feel like taking on half the board by pointing it out in recent weeks.

We really need to recognize the line was bad again. Tua was amazing.

The line needs improvement. Two of these guys aren't even backup quality.

I can't give Tua anything above a B and doing so is incredibly disingenuous IMO.

He had one "plus" play the entire game. Meaning it wasn't a play you'd expect any QB to make. I bet without me naming this play you all know which it was, which proves I'm correct.

Twice he looked like a clown. Again. The first time, fumbling on that sack was unacceptable. He tried to be a super hero instead of immediately covering the ball and eating it.

The second time was the bad snap, which itself was not his fault, but damn he looked incredibly foolish on that particular play.

On one play where he tried to evade pressure by stepping up but got grabbed on the shoulder pad by one defender....he was looking behind him instead of upfield. Another clown play.

He looked good because most of his passes barely crossed the LOS. Not even remotely an impressive game to the level people are acting.

He didn't do a single thing I didn't already know he could do, and what he can do is not good enough to win consistently in the NFL.

Did the offensive line do anything right?

My experience with the "Lemmings" is that they are so caught up in their initial opinions that they never acknowledge any changes or improvements that were made.

That would be like a hunter who was so focused on some small cubs they saw in their "peep" sight, that they failed to look around and see the mother bear attacking from just out of the "peep" sights field of view.

Their lack of perspective (field of view) is a constant in their posts.

I can't give Tua anything above a B and doing so is incredibly disingenuous IMO.

He had one "plus" play the entire game. Meaning it wasn't a play you'd expect any QB to make. I bet without me naming this play you all know which it was, which proves I'm correct.

Twice he looked like a clown. Again. The first time, fumbling on that sack was unacceptable. He tried to be a super hero instead of immediately covering the ball and eating it.

The second time was the bad snap, which itself was not his fault, but damn he looked incredibly foolish on that particular play.

On one play where he tried to evade pressure by stepping up but got grabbed on the shoulder pad by one defender....he was looking behind him instead of upfield. Another clown play.

He looked good because most of his passes barely crossed the LOS. Not even remotely an impressive game to the level people are acting.

He didn't do a single thing I didn't already know he could do, and what he can do is not good enough to win consistently in the NFL.

Speaking of clowns...

:DWN:

1638210583547.png

Did the offensive line do anything right?

My experience with the "Lemmings" is that they are so caught up in their initial opinions that they never acknowledge any changes or improvements that were made.

That would be like a hunter who was so focused on some small cubs they saw in their "peep" sight, that they failed to look around and see the mother bear attacking from just out of the "peep" sights field of view.

Their lack of perspective (field of view) is a constant in their posts.

Phillip Lindsey had two plays that were absolutely clutch in pass protection.
Liam E had a couple solid pulls on the direct snaps. Hunt was strong. But pass protection wise, our center and LG were atrocious.

We gotta at least give them some props for improvement even if it was still a pretty lousy effort. In the Jets game Tua only had a couple snaps where he wasn't under immediate pressure from somewhere.....against the Panthers and an arguably superior defensive line he had a few clean pockets where he was able to walk through progressions.

Come on Ghost….Really?? If it’s so easy to put an 87% completion rate up……Why doesn’t every QB do it??

QB’s Completion Rates and QBR from Yesterday:
  • Joe Burrow 83.3% QBR 96.2
  • Ben Rothlisberger 58.5% QBR 65.4
  • Justin Herbert 63.6% QBR 80.0
  • Baker Mayfield 48.6 % QBR 79.4
  • Lamar Jackson 62.5% QBR 46.5
I could go on and on. Burrow was the only one close to Tua and he wasn’t facing the #1 overall pass defense in the NFL like Tua was. Give credit when it’s due bro…. It gives you more credibility when you make your argument against Tua. Right now you just look like a troll.

Back
Top Bottom