Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 12 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 12 Edition

I know the game was basically over, but that strip sack by Bosa should have been called back. He dove into Tua’s legs, below the knees; a textbook low hit roughing the passer call. Watch the replay a handful of times…it’s basically the definition of plays the NFL is allegedly trying to prevent. The officiating this year has been trash league wide, and we seem to get the bottom of the barrel crews each week.

The officials made game changing calls against us all day. They sucked!! Every replay goes against us with the game on the line. #47, Bosa made his best effort to injure Tua, he was trying to put him out of the game. It was such an egregious violation of the rules that I thought I was seeing things, dirty play by a dirty player. I don't care who he is or how good you don't try to injure the QB unless you're an *******! He should be suspended but nothing will happen because the refs are a joke, not very funny though.

The play in the end that was the strip sack fumble was more crap. Those plays are called incomplete passes 9 out of 10 times. It didn't matter, it was just more ref garbage. There was way too much going against us all day to even hope for a win in the end. It just wasn't in the cards yesterday.

If Gesicki doesn’t drop that pass with less than five minutes in the game, Tua was driving the offense for a possible TD that could have given the Dolphins the lead. The offense had no running game that Tua could lean on when he wasn’t playing well in the first half.

I will agree he deserved an F for his play in the first half but with an injured Waddle out of the game and no other player but Hill making plays in the second half, Tua still was able to give the Dolphins a chance to win the game if some of his other receivers could have made some catches and gained some yardage after the catch.

Tua didn’t play like an F in the second half but more like a B. So I viewed his overall play as a C minus and certainly not an F.

I know the game was basically over, but that strip sack by Bosa should have been called back. He dove into Tua’s legs, below the knees; a textbook low hit roughing the passer call. Watch the replay a handful of times…it’s basically the definition of plays the NFL is allegedly trying to prevent. The officiating this year has been trash league wide, and we seem to get the bottom of the barrel crews each week.
His helmet basically goes up Tua's ass. It's not remotely below the knees.

His helmet basically goes up Tua's ass. It's not remotely below the knees.
Any time you dive into the back of a player’s legs it is a dangerous play. Period. The roughing the passer call is made to prevent people diving at the QBs legs as it can cause knee and lower leg injuries. We hit Allen or Mahomes in a similar fashion and yellow flags fly 9 times out of 10.

Too harsh on tua and too nice on WRs...how many key drops were there? I give Tua a D+ and WRs a C+
Totally agree. WRs could have bailed him out on some of those throws and just flat out made others. I think calling Tua “awful” is over the top. He was off but the first pick was not his fault and the second was a bad pass and bad luck. Amazing when your QB has an “awful” game and Hill still gets 150 yards.

I think Waddle clearly being gimpy hurt as well. This was one of those games where one great throw could have turned it around. If they convert that 4th and two late, it’s probably a different game. That’s football. The phantom holding penalty on the long Mostert run earlier hurt too. Took away points, would have been first down near the Niner 20. Again, that’s football.

I’m more sore at the lack of an attempted running game and every time we come with pressure on D leaving the easiest throw over the middle open. Tua will bounce back. That Niners D is awesome and they needed to be super sharp to exploit it. They weren’t.

Any time you dive into the back of a player’s legs it is a dangerous play. Period. The roughing the passer call is made to prevent people diving at the QBs legs as it can cause knee and lower leg injuries. We hit Allen or Mahomes in a similar fashion and yellow flags fly 9 times out of 1
Any tackle in the NFL is a dangerous play ffs! It's a mental sport.

But that wasn't a foul. Were there bad calls on the night? Yeah. Was that one? No. I mean, at the end of the day, unless you want flag football, they have to tackle the QB. They tackled him at the arse. That's not a foul. Is it dangerous? course it is.

Wow. Not the way I thought that one would go. Not by any stretch of the imagination. But…It did. The nightmare is real. Jimmy G breaks his foot in the first quarter? We should win that game 99% of the time. Not a good loss and the grades will reflect that. On to the grades:

QB’s — The Good: A great opening play to Sherfield. A long bomb to Hill. That’s it.

The Bad: Tua’s worst day as a pro IMO. 18 of 33 for 2 TD’s and 2 Picks. Not to mention the meaningless fumble for a TD. Not good enough. Period. I’m not sure what was going on, but Tua was missing throws he normally makes in his sleep. Awful today. I’m guessing the MVP talk is over for awhile. Almost forgot to add Thompson’s Int. Bad.

The Grade: F . A VERY winnable game fell into Tua’s lap…..And he was awful.

RB’s — The Good: Mostert had 7 rushes for 30 yards.

The Bad: Horribly under utilized. I’m not sure why we didn’t use these guys more. Especially if your QB is struggling. Regardless, our rushing attack was only good for 33 yards on the ground. Ingold had 15 yards receiving on 3 catches.

The Grade: F . Were they under utilized? Yes….But neither back looked great anyway. Especially in pass blocking.

TE’s: — The Good: Smythe had 2 catches for 21 yards.

The Bad: Gesicki was invisible. Dropped a 4th and 2 Pass. No real help over the middle. Nothing. I’m at the point where, as much as I think he has so much talent, I’m not going to miss Gesicki next year.

The Grade: F . Nowhere near a good enough effort.

WR’s — The Good: Hill was a beast out there. Waddle….Even when hurt scares teams. Sherfield with the 75 yd TD. Good effort by these guys.

The Bad: Not much really. They were the victims of poor QB play.

The Grade: B . They deserved better from the guy under center.

OL — Tua was NOT under pressure all game like in our losses last year. They actually played a decent game

The Bad — Joey Bosa got 3 sacks. No running lanes. While not a horrible game….It definitely wasn’t a good one.

The Grade: D + . This unit needs to be better next week or we’re in Barney. Barney Rubble!! Trouble!!! (Name that movie)

DL — The Good: Well…Christian Wilkins is a monster. Great game by him.

The Bad: We, in general, kept them bottled up for most of the game. Until it came to critical downs. Then we got pushed off the ball. I’ll say this though….There was no complimentary football from our offense today.

The Grade: C . The grade goes mostly to Christian Wilkins.

LB’s — The Good: A lot of pressure on the 7th round backup QB that beat us. However, as with the DL, not when we needed it most.

The Grade : C . What I wouldn’t give to have had a 24 year old Zach Thomas in the middle today.

DB’s — The Good: X with his first pick of the season. Some good pass break ups.

The Bad: Just like the rest of our D, This unit folded like a WalMart lawn chair when we needed a big play.

The Grade: D +. If Rowe just takes 3 steps forward, we stop them on 4th and 1. Ugh.

ST’s — The Good: Sanders didn’t miss. Morstead had 1 63 yarder.

The Bad: Morstead wasn’t great today. Our coverage teams still suck.

Coaching — The Good: The play calling was OK today. The defense had 3 sacks.

The Bad: Again, if your QB is struggling, go to the running game. Nope. Not Mike McD. Not so good. Your Defense can’t stop a 7th round backup QB with almost no NFL experience? Play bump and run?? Nope. Not Boyer. Press and bail again

The Grade: D . In a game we should have had….. Coaching wasn’t that great.

Conclusion: Next week is now a MUST WIN. You might not like that….But it’s the case. I’m not sure 11 - 6 gets you in. It might….But you definitely won’t control your destiny. So….We have to win against the Chargers or we really are in deep Barney.

Coaching - F - it cost the game as much as TT.
It seemed SF made 90% of their yardage on sweeps and flat passes. Boyer's response. Oh, that's right - NONE. Worked all game.
Mcd- I've vented elsewhere and in other weeks. Tries to be to cute when he doesn't need to be. REFUSES to use slants and rubs. Roll-outs? RPO? Did nothing to help TT in play-calling. Is he addicted to intermediate?
Grading the D depends on variables. Considering the backups/PS guys in the secondary, I was impressed. Held SF to 20 pts, by my reasoning early in 4Q. Being on the field all game finally caught up with them. Biggest complaint? Tackling.

The officials made game changing calls against us all day. They sucked!! Every replay goes against us with the game on the line. #47, Bosa made his best effort to injure Tua, he was trying to put him out of the game. It was such an egregious violation of the rules that I thought I was seeing things, dirty play by a dirty player. I don't care who he is or how good you don't try to injure the QB unless you're an *******! He should be suspended but nothing will happen because the refs are a joke, not very funny though.

The play in the end that was the strip sack fumble was more crap. Those plays are called incomplete passes 9 out of 10 times. It didn't matter, it was just more ref garbage. There was way too much going against us all day to even hope for a win in the end. It just wasn't in the cards yesterday.

In spit4e of the refs, this was a winnable game. I blame the players/coaches FAR MORE than the refs.

Any time you dive into the back of a player’s legs it is a dangerous play. Period. The roughing the passer call is made to prevent people diving at the QBs legs as it can cause knee and lower leg injuries. We hit Allen or Mahomes in a similar fashion and yellow flags fly 9 times out of 10.
10 times out of 10.

A few comments about coaching…

ONE rushing attempt for Jeff Wilson? ONE? McDaniel should really provide an explanation for that. I understand that the Niners have the top run D in the league, but one attempt for a guy who has been lights out since he was acquired?

Also, I think Boyer deserves a Z-. The Niners were going to heavily lean on CMC even with Jimmy G on the field. Once he was knocked out, it was even more obvious. The fact that we didn’t adjust to this is just unbelievable to me.

I don't know, Tua almost threw for 300 yards against the #1 defense in the league. Tua has been so good this year that any kind of slightly below average game looks terrible.

I mean, did anyone watch Mac Jones the other night? That's an actual bad quarterback

I don't know, Tua almost threw for 300 yards against the #1 defense in the league. Tua has been so good this year that any kind of slightly below average game looks terrible.

I mean, did anyone watch Mac Jones the other night? That's an actual bad quarterback

"slightly?"

Back
Top Bottom