Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 17 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 17 Edition

This game Miami HAD to win. The previous 7 in a row they didn't have to - the 1-7 start tanked the season already. They played some pushovers, and by this point the offense should've been a fine tuned machine. However every week we've seen struggle in the run game, pass blocking, WR mistakes, and QB inconsistencies. They had 7 pre-season-esque opponents and this is the crap they put on the field when it actually mattered. It makes ya wonder if they really wanted to be in this position to start with.

This game Miami HAD to win. The previous 7 in a row they didn't have to - the 1-7 start tanked the season already. They played some pushovers, and by this point the offense should've been a fine tuned machine. However every week we've seen struggle in the run game, pass blocking, WR mistakes, and QB inconsistencies. They had 7 pre-season-esque opponents and this is the crap they put on the field when it actually mattered. It makes ya wonder if they really wanted to be in this position to start with.
And even those 7 games they played super close to the vest on offense when they should’ve been trying to see what they have in Tua (despite the oline). I’m a Tua guy but it’s ridiculous that we’re about to finish a season in which we started 1-7 and still don’t know what we have in the QB. Coaching staff fails and needs to be dealt with swiftly in 8 days. This isn’t a complete tear down, there’s lots of pieces. You need an offensive philosophy

DL — F : If you get gashed for 198 yards on the ground, you’re not getting a passing grade from me. No way. Add to that the lack of pressure on Tannehill and this is a solid F. It was a bad field and footing wasn’t good. That played into it. No matter. A bad day all around.
In defense of our defense, the TITANS OL was giving me wood all game long. It was exactly what I always wanted from line, every rushing snap they FIRE out and you could hear the pads popping. Hat on every player....woof. It was a clinic on real football.

Too bad it was against us.....

In defense of our defense, the TITANS OL was giving me wood all game long. It was exactly what I always wanted from line, every rushing snap they FIRE out and you could hear the pads popping. Hat on every player....woof. It was a clinic on real football.

Too bad it was against us.....
My thought during the game was “So this is what having a good OL looks like.”

No question, a bad game at the worst possible time. Miami just isn't ready for the big stage yet. Tampa Bay, Buffalo and now Tennessee had their way with the Dolphins.

But it doesn't wipe away the fact that Miami won seven straight and made a late run.

Obviously, there's a lot of work to do with the majority on improving the offensive line.

Thanks Zim for doing these. Spot on with today's grades.

Last edited:
My opinion is it’s too early to give up on Tua at this point. BUT….His leash is becoming a lot shorter. I’m not going to defend him for too much longer. Obviously we need upgrades on the OL, WR and RB. BUT we have the resources to upgrade all of those units. So….My opinion of Tua is as follows…. Our OL next year cannot be as bad or worse than it is now. Our RB’s next year cannot be as unproductive as they are now. Our WR’s next year can’t be as below average as ours are now. With that being said, I’m expecting a huge jump from Tua next year. If by mid-season we’re getting QB play like today…. I’ll be the first to call for a new QB. If any of the above mentioned units on offense are as bad as the crap we put up with this year….Both Grier and Flores need to go.

Zimm, you are way to kind with your grades. Maybe we should invent several levels below F just so we can accurately rate this team, HC and front office.
You come up with them and I’ll use them.

No question, a bad game at the worst possible time. Miami just isn't ready for the big stage yet. Tampa Bay, Buffalo and now Tennessee had their way with the Dolphins.

But it doesn't wipe away the fact that Miami won seven straight and made a late run.

Obviously, there's a lot of work to do with the majority on improving the offensive line.

Thanks Zim for doing these. Spot on with today's grades.
Thanks SF….. And you’re right……Fixing this OL is priority number 1, 2 and 3

Thanks SF….. And you’re right……Fixing this OL is priority number 1, 2 and 3
Maybe even 4!

Definitely wish Tua had played better the last three weeks. But I think he did enough to feel comfortable building around him.

Flores vs. Vrabel. What a mismatch.
People can rant on Tua but this entire coaching blows.
Next year we will be in the same spot, missing the playoffs if they keep Flores. Thats reality.
I could not agree more. That was another of my in-game thoughts. “****ing Vrabel is a way better coach than Flo”

My opinion is it’s too early to give up on Tua at this point. BUT….His leash is becoming a lot shorter. I’m not going to defend him for too much longer. Obviously we need upgrades on the OL, WR and RB. BUT we have the resources to upgrade all of those units. So….My opinion of Tua is as follows…. Our OL next year cannot be as bad or worse than it is now. Our RB’s next year cannot be as unproductive as they are now. Our WR’s next year can’t be as below average as ours are now. With that being said, I’m expecting a huge jump from Tua next year. If by mid-season we’re getting QB play like today…. I’ll be the first to call for a new QB. If any of the above mentioned units on offense are as bad as the crap we put up with this year….Both Grier and Flores need to go.
Fair analysis. I do believe Tua has a ways to go to reach his ceiling. But his play, as of late, has been disappointing.

Agree, if Miami can put significantly more talent around him, Tua's needs to get to that next level.

You come up with them and I’ll use them.
The Germans I believe have a grade below F, I recall when I was working over there they used to insult each other with it.....I thought it was a two letter designation (anyone live in germany?).

Back
Top Bottom