Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 17 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 17 Edition

Wet cold weather favors a running game which we do not have. What we have is a short passing game instead not a strength in cold weather.
Lots of dropped balls today also. Tua should have used some gloves today also and Florres should have stuck with the run.

This team is a huge fraud starting all the way from the top with Ross but I put 90% of the blame on Floores. We probably had the easiest schedule in nfl history and couldn’t even sneak into the POs. Floores can’t win vs good competition. It’s easy to look like wolves when your going against Ian Book, mike Glennon and a bunch of back up QBs but lay egg after egg against good teams. I think Floores has beat 3 teams with winning records in 3 years if I’m not mistaken. I also think that he is handling player and coaching personnel more than Grier is.
Flo gota Go!

No way to sugar coat it, this game was a huge F for Dolphins coaching & Tua.

We’ll see how they respond the last game of the year against NE. It’ll be a good measuring stick how far the team has come since the opening game against them.

One team had 10 days to prepare. One had 5. Then add the weather. A few players away from being very good.

The QB get an F but so do All the WRs so make up your mind which is it??

The OL can’t protect Tua they get a D but the QB gets an F

I am just not sure the problems didn’t stem from the way they played Waddle and didn’t have to account for a piss poor Oline

And Oline that was handled by NO

Tua’s worst 2 games on the road with playoffs on the line, Miami outscored by 61 pts in those two games @ Buffalo last year and @Tennessee today.
The defense's worst 2 games on the road with playoffs on the line gave up 90 points. Only the Bucs scored more on us this year on an away game and this was the game we decided to give up the most rushing yards we've given up all season to a backup HB to boot.

QB-F: dead on.
Honestly, the defensive grades don't matter when you're offense was as bad as ours. Our D players arent super human. They did so well...until they were simply exhausted by our putrid offense.
Fumble...held em to 3 points..3 and out. D held em. Offense fumbled again. D back on the field, no rest. Our Offense was embarrassing.

You are to kind Zim, F's across the board, and another FU to the Miami Dolphins fan base, to start the 2022 year, Gifted to you by the Miami Dolphin's coaches, players, and organization.

If you mean F's for specific units, I agree. I would not give F's to Johnson or Holland

Well….It looks like maybe the 7 game win streak was a little fraudulent. If we’re being honest with ourselves, we were never a legitimate playoff team. It was nice to be in it near the end, but we just didn’t have the horses and that was very evident today. A slow track, cold weather and rain was not going to help our game at all. Meanwhile, Tennessee was made for a game like today. It showed. On to the grades:

QB — F : He picked the absolute worst game to have his worst game. Multiple fumbles. 18 of 38 for 205 and a pick. He had trouble handling the wet ball. I mean….Pretty much the worst day that we hoped Tua wouldn’t have. The Tua detractors are going to have a field day and rightfully so. This was troubling as a Dolphins fan. Period.

RB’s — C - : Duke Johnson ran well today and had 49 yards rushing on 7 carries. Add in 16 more yards on 2 catches and that’s not a bad day at all. My problem was that we didn’t use him enough today. Especially in that weather. Gaskin added another 23 yards in a fill in role. Overall, not too bad by this unit. Should have been used more.

TE’s — D : So…. We don’t target Gesicki at all in the first quarter, then we do and we actually move the ball. Shocking. Add in Smythe’s production and you get 7 catches for 88 yards from these guys. Again…In this weather the TE’s should have got more plays in an ideal offense. The negatives with this group was the lack of separation all day and a few drops that hurt.

WR’s — F : WTF with this group. Awful. Waddle was blanketed all day….So you think someone could get some space? Anyone? Parker had 4 catches for 46 yards but was on a different playbook than Tua all day. Waddle ended up with 3 catches for 47 yards….But he was bracketed the whole game. It’s funny how going into training camp this was looked at as a strength on this team. Nothing could be further from the truth.

OL — D + : OK…..The good news is that we are 1 game away from ending the Jessie Davis era in Miami. He got walked a few times today. Austin Jackson again was not much better. The other good news is they did open some holes today and this wasn’t their worst pass protection day today. But it still wasn’t good. Regardless, Tua cannot blame his bad day on these guys.

DL — F : If you get gashed for 198 yards on the ground, you’re not getting a passing grade from me. No way. Add to that the lack of pressure on Tannehill and this is a solid F. It was a bad field and footing wasn’t good. That played into it. No matter. A bad day all around.

LB’s — D - : Again….a 198 yard rushing performance by the Titans doesn’t look good for these guys. Baker was active and had our only sack. He basically saved these guys from an F.

DB’s — F : Our inability to cover a TE haunted us today. Typically this is the LB’s responsibility. Not for us….We left that in the hands of the DB’s. It bit us in the *** in a bad way. Brandon Jones was awful today and missed on both TE touchdowns. I love watching Holland play football….But even he couldn’t help this grade.

ST’s — F : By far the worst graded unit in my book today. Palardy had a couple clutch 36 yard punts. 😐 Awful. Holland should have fair caught the one punt that ended up at our 2. No return game today. Sanders missed a long one. Just bad everywhere by these guys.

Coaching and Front Office — F : The Special Teams guys: We’re Zim’s lowest graded unit!! The Coaches: Hold our Beer. Yep. This was a clinic on how not to coach a game your team needs in bad weather. I guess it would be less typing for me to list the good coaching decisions : ………. There were none. Blitz Zero defense? Nope. Long field goal attempt? Yep…On a horrible field. 2 stupid trick play attempts? Yep. I could go on for another hour. Let’s just say this was not Flo’s best day. As for the front office….We aren’t making the playoffs this year and I put the blame on Chris Grier. If we even had a middle of the pack OL we’re challenging for the division. It’s sad to me that he’s going to still be here next year.

Pass blocking was good? Tua had a rough start but you can't give him an F when everyone around him completely sucked! The titans only rushed 4 the entire game and were still getting massive pressure. Tua had to throw into max coverage every play when recievers couldn't get any separation. There were multiple drops and guys getting interfered with like every play. Hence the 4th and 11 non call that sealed the game for ten.

Wet cold weather favors a running game which we do not have. What we have is a short passing game instead not a strength in cold weather.
Lots of dropped balls today also. Tua should have used some gloves today also and Florres should have stuck with the run.

There are so many variables other than humans that affected the game. weather, field condition, days to prepare, . . .
Like anything involving humans, anyone having A (singular) cause can be safely ignored.

That said, this game show-cased the difference between a a good team making adjustments and a poor team with no adjustments

Pass blocking was good? Tua had a rough start but you can't give him an F when everyone around him completely sucked! The titans only rushed 4 the entire game and were still getting massive pressure. Tua had to throw into max coverage every play when recievers couldn't get any separation. There were multiple drops and guys getting interfered with like every play. Hence the 4th and 11 non call that sealed the game for ten.
Agreed. They only rushed four and Miami left in an extra guy to block a lot. So four receivers against 7 defenders in poor throwing conditions.

The game looks a lot different if that 4th and 11 gets called a PI. Miami punches that in and it’s a one score game. It was a poor performance against the number one seed in the conference with a lot of mistakes all over. Everyone needs to stop evaluating a career on individual games.

That game was a big reality check for those like me who were firmly in the love Tua camp. How can we have a QB that can't play in the elements in Dec and Jan? That's when the important games take place. His passes were mostly not close, his ball security went right out the window and he's lucky he didn't have 4 or 5 picks the way he was throwing mallards all over the field. I have trouble supporting Tua after this exhibition of ineptness. He has too many issues and they're adding up. This was the most important game for the team and his failure was so terrible that is was an alarming eye-opener. This is who we tanked for, tanks alot!

Our OL next year cannot be as bad or worse than it is now. Our RB’s next year cannot be as unproductive as they are now. Our WR’s next year can’t be as below average as ours are now.
If you think things can't get worse it is only because you lack imagination. These are the Dolphins. Next year being worse than this year is the default scenario.

Back
Top Bottom