Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 2 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 2 Edition

Overconfident.

He thinks they are SO good at player development that he doesn't need solid vets.

Performances like today is EXACTLY why being a vet in this league holds value.

We got a bunch of pups out there chasing their tail...
I was thinking about this today. The offensive line could have used a veteran free agent who has had some success elsewhere like the guy from the Pats that went to the Chiefs.

When I post these grades every week, I get a lot of negative comments from some of you. I keep getting called “hyperbolic” among other things. Some have said I should wait a day before posting because I seem too emotional. These are just a few of the things that get posted in this thread.

Please Note: You are free to keep posting negative comments about me. Your opinion is your opinion. It doesn’t affect my sleep either way. I mention your comments, because MAYBE…..JUST MAYBE….I’ve been right all along. Or more right than you want to admit anyway. Maybe the negative commenters should take a day before posting their negative comments and re-watch the game.

With that out of the way, on to the grades:

QB — INC. : There are rumors that Tua has been resuscitated in the locker room. After having most of his vital internal organs rearranged due to Jessie Davis’s total incompetence, doctors think he’ll be able to live until at least middle age. As for the Incomplete grade, I refuse to give any grade to any QB’s playing behind this Offensive Line until said Offensive Line plays at higher than a Junior High School level. Actually, Jacoby Brissett has my admiration for not finishing the game in a Broward County Emergency Room. Impressive.

RB — D + : Gaskin and Ahmad. Bless their little hearts. Lord knows they tried. They even had a couple nice runs. The blitz pickup skills of these two wasn’t all bad. So, Congratulations to the RB’s!! They tie for the Offense’s highest grade! Oh, one more thing, the Malcolm Brown experiment should end really soon. He is not good.

TE — D + : Well, Gesicki showed up a little. I was watching him from the stands today. He’s not a perfect TE, but he can get open regularly when he doesn’t round off his routes. BUT…I can see his frustration growing with the offensive play calls. This is a topic I’ll explore later in this post. Cethan Carter made a catch and was be-headed by two Bills defenders. He was only our second fatality today besides Tua. The third fatality was our pride by the way. Sorry to see it go at such a young age.

WR’s — D - : What we thought was a strength of our team has quickly turned to a weakness. Exhibit A: Albert “Woops” Wilson. He couldn’t catch COVID at a nationwide “Non-Vaxer’s Convention” today. Not good. Parker made a couple catches and continues to be our main receiving threat. That isn’t going to change anytime soon. Waddle had a drop or two….But he’s going to be a good one. Too many drops and mistakes by this unit today for me. Horrible fumble by Jakeem “I’m on my way out” Grant

Please Note: The RB’s, TE’s and WR’s would not normally receive passing grades in a 35 to NOTHING blowout. However, they have received bonus points because they are playing behind the clown show referenced immediately below:

OL — F : HOLY ****. Where do I start? OK….Get ready for a tirade. I still cannot believe what I saw today. There is NO WAY this group is NOT the worst OL in the NFL. They also would qualify as the worst OL in the CFL, The NCAA Division 1 and 2 leagues if they played in those leagues. Hyperbole you say? I say no, it’s not. But let’s take a few minutes to look at this extraordinary group of clowns pretending to be professional football players:
  • Austin “Sunpass” Jackson — To paraphrase Herb Brooks, the 1980 USA Gold Medal winning hockey coach; Austin is playing worse and worse every week and right now he’s playing like it’s December. His hands are slow. His feet are almost never right. He over extends. On top of all of that….You can see his confidence is shattered. Unless he makes great strides soon, it’s going to be a good bet that we will not pick up his 5th year option. I’ve taken a lot of grief for calling him a bust so soon. Right now…He’s nothing but.
  • Solomon Kindley — He almost ate himself out of the league. His run blocking is better than his pass blocking. But….That pass blocking bar isn’t set too ****en high as witnessed today. Funny Note: Solomon Kindly thinks that Jacoby Brissett is Santa Clause!! I mean, why would he allow himself to get pushed on to Brissett’s lap all day like that?
  • Michael Deiter — Wow. It’s fascinating that he’s a bad lineman….I mean…Chris Grier never misses on draft picks. 😐 How this guy couldn’t make it on the field for 3 years is NO MYSTERY. The only thing he gets right is the snap….His play goes down hill from there. He got pushed around and had his lunch money stolen by multiple Bills defenders today. Word is his Mom and Dad aren’t happy and are coming to the stadium next week to talk to Principal Flores about this bullying incident. In all seriousness, he has to go. The experiment is over.
  • Robert Hunt — The sad thing is, I think his play is being affected by the two morons to his right and to his left. He has good skills, but again, I think his confidence is starting to fade. If we rescue him now, it may not be to late.
  • JESSIE DAVIS — Wow. If this guy’s knee is bothering him, as has been reported since camp, WHY THE **** IS HE GUARDING TUA’S BLINDSIDE??? Please, someone answer that for me. Mr. Flores….I want an answer to that question!! Tua was killed today because this idiot. The wake is Wednesday at Maggadino’s Funeral Home on Los Olas. Flowers are an acceptable gift in memory of the dearly departed. More questions: Is this idiot playing because he’s better than all the other guys? If that’s the case…..We’re in worse trouble than I thought. OR….Is he playing because he has pictures of Brian Flores with sheep? Let’s pray it’s the latter. He is, at this point, nothing more than a camp body. He’s not even a good backup much less a starter. This has to be his last year or we better be prepared for more sorrow.
DL — D + : No pressure on Josh Allen. His pants didn’t even need cleaned after the game. With the amount of Laundry Detergent the Bills saved today, the Pegulas are going to build a new stadium for the Bills in Downtown Niagara Falls, NY. That’s great news!

LB — F : Didn’t Baker get a contract extension a month ago or something? I mean…He must be collecting his check with a gun and a ski mask. Where the hell has he been? Has he made a difference making play yet this year? Do we have any other linebackers? Where has Van Ginkle been? P.S. Hey Brian Flores…..Maybe if you would quit getting rid of our run-stuffing Linebackers, we might be able to stop the run? Call me crazy…It’s just a hunch I have.

DB — C - : Much like their offensive skill position brethren, this unit get points because no one in front of them came close enough to Josh Allen today to even know what number he was wearing without using binoculars. Pathetic. X is officially the best CB in pro football and I fear we have wasting his prime years. Holland is a keeper. Nice double fumble recovery today. I wish Byron Jones would go for the pick more instead of just knocking the ball away. This unit was not the cause of this loss. It was the offensive line’s fault. Just sayin.

ST — F : Waddle’s Fumble. Sanders only kicked off. Palardy is still only average on punts. He isn’t that big of an upgrade to be honest.

Coaching and Front Office — F : Well….I’m going to say the Dual OC thing sucks. I ask again…Why is Jessie Davis still on this team? I guarantee there are better guys on CFL Practice Squads. Until these questions are answered by Mr. Flores, I can’t give him and his crew anything higher than an F. This is a failure by Flores. A failure to find an OC that will throw down field more than 15 yards at least once in a game. A failure to find an OL coach that actually knows what technique is. A failure to punch Chris Grier in the face. Speaking of Chris Grier…This is the point I go on my weekly Anti-Grier rant…Those of you wishing to get off the bus may do so now. OK…For those of you remaining: Chris Grier had Picks and Cap Space. He’s wasted them at this point. I mean….They are both disappearing like rainbow flags in Afghanistan. Honestly, He is on track to make Jeff Ireland look like Bobby Bethard. To All of you Chris Grier defenders….How’s that going for you? He’s making it tough on you…Isn’t he? Soon…..You will have to get on this train with me. I’ll leave you a seat and the light on for you.
All-around ass-whoopin'...woodshed style.

Defense played strong for a bit of the game, but they couldn't do it themselves (even X dropped a gimme INT, I was surprised).

My personal Fs for the day:

- Coaching staff, Flo on down. You weren't ready, your players weren't ready, your fans weren't ready. 4th and 2 in easy field goal range, when you need ANY kind of points, and you go for it...fail. You're within Sanders field goal range, still needing ANY kind of points and you punt...fail. The game was still manageable at that point. Grant has ONE use on this team, yet you put Waddle out there...fail. No team should ever lose by 35 points in the NFL...if you do, you get a special award for ineptitude. They HAD to know the Bills would be bringing the heat, particularly after the OL's poor play against NE. Lots of dumb penalties in this game too...TNT?
- Tua - And I hate to say it. You can't look right at a probable rusher, who is obviously unguarded, and not protect yourself. Bruh...
- O-line - Too much to type, I'd have carpal tunnel.
- DVP - Dropsies still.
- Grant - Haven't wanted him around for a few years now, today only strengthened my belief. If they won't even use him on returns, why is he here?
- Wilson - WTF? Did he develop an allergy to pigskin?
- Waddle - Is that allergy contagious? SECURE THE CATCH young man!! Don't be transitioning into your highlight reel YAC before you make sure you catch the damn ball!!
- Jones - 2 year-olds hit other kids out-of-bounds...need a diaper?

I'm probably overreacting a little, but this game left a very bad taste...that I don't think will go away soon. That was just a straight-up unforgivable showing by a professional team. Some will say, "well, the Bills are a Super Bowl contender." Well...maybe they are...but aren't we supposed to be elevating to that same level of play, roughly? Playoff at least? Nobody's losing 35-0 in the playoffs in today's NFL.

Brisket tried...I'll give him that...it just wasn't going to happen with what they brought to the table today.

On to Vegas...

Maybe the team doesn’t have confidence in Tua because of all the talk about Watson from this front office..they have no leader if the coaches take his pants down in front of the team.

When I post these grades every week, I get a lot of negative comments from some of you. I keep getting called “hyperbolic” among other things. Some have said I should wait a day before posting because I seem too emotional. These are just a few of the things that get posted in this thread.

Please Note: You are free to keep posting negative comments about me. Your opinion is your opinion. It doesn’t affect my sleep either way. I mention your comments, because MAYBE…..JUST MAYBE….I’ve been right all along. Or more right than you want to admit anyway. Maybe the negative commenters should take a day before posting their negative comments and re-watch the game.

QB — INC. : There are rumors that Tua has been resuscitated in the locker room. After having most of his vital internal organs rearranged due to Jessie Davis’s total incompetence, doctors think he’ll be able to live until at least middle age. As for the Incomplete grade, I refuse to give any grade to any QB’s playing behind this Offensive Line until said Offensive Line plays at higher than a Junior High School level. Actually, Jacoby Brissett has my admiration for not finishing the game in a Broward County Emergency Room. Impressive.

RB — D + : Gaskin and Ahmad. Bless their little hearts. Lord knows they tried. They even had a couple nice runs. The blitz pickup skills of these two wasn’t all bad. So, Congratulations to the RB’s!! They tie for the Offense’s highest grade! Oh, one more thing, the Malcolm Brown experiment should end really soon. He is not good.

TE — D + : Well, Gesicki showed up a little. I was watching him from the stands today. He’s not a perfect TE, but he can get open regularly when he doesn’t round off his routes. BUT…I can see his frustration growing with the offensive play calls. This is a topic I’ll explore later in this post. Cethan Carter made a catch and was be-headed by two Bills defenders. He was only our second fatality today besides Tua. The third fatality was our pride by the way. Sorry to see it go at such a young age.

WR’s — D - : What we thought was a strength of our team has quickly turned to a weakness. Exhibit A: Albert “Woops” Wilson. He couldn’t catch COVID at a nationwide “Non-Vaxer’s Convention” today. Not good. Parker made a couple catches and continues to be our main receiving threat. That isn’t going to change anytime soon. Waddle had a drop or two….But he’s going to be a good one. Too many drops and mistakes by this unit today for me. Horrible fumble by Jakeem “I’m on my way out” Grant

Please Note: The RB’s, TE’s and WR’s would not normally receive passing grades in a 35 to NOTHING blowout. However, they have received bonus points because they are playing behind the clown show referenced immediately below:

OL — F : HOLY ****. Where do I start? OK….Get ready for a tirade. I still cannot believe what I saw today. There is NO WAY this group is NOT the worst OL in the NFL. They also would qualify as the worst OL in the CFL, The NCAA Division 1 and 2 leagues if they played in those leagues. Hyperbole you say? I say no, it’s not. But let’s take a few minutes to look at this extraordinary group of clowns pretending to be professional football players:
  • Austin “Sunpass” Jackson — To paraphrase Herb Brooks, the 1980 USA Gold Medal winning hockey coach; Austin is playing worse and worse every week and right now he’s playing like it’s December. His hands are slow. His feet are almost never right. He over extends. On top of all of that….You can see his confidence is shattered. Unless he makes great strides soon, it’s going to be a good bet that we will not pick up his 5th year option. I’ve taken a lot of grief for calling him a bust so soon. Right now…He’s nothing but.
  • Solomon Kindley — He almost ate himself out of the league. His run blocking is better than his pass blocking. But….That pass blocking bar isn’t set too ****en high as witnessed today. Funny Note: Solomon Kindly thinks that Jacoby Brissett is Santa Claus!! I mean, why would he allow himself to get pushed on to Brissett’s lap all day like that?
  • Michael Deiter — Wow. It’s fascinating that he’s a bad lineman….I mean…Chris Grier never misses on draft picks. 😐 How this guy couldn’t make it on the field for 3 years is NO MYSTERY. The only thing he gets right is the snap….His play goes down hill from there. He got pushed around and had his lunch money stolen by multiple Bills defenders today. Word is his Mom and Dad aren’t happy and are coming to the stadium next week to talk to Principal Flores about this bullying incident. In all seriousness, he has to go. The experiment is over.
  • Robert Hunt — The sad thing is, I think his play is being affected by the two morons to his right and to his left. He has good skills, but again, I think his confidence is starting to fade. If we rescue him now, it may not be too late.
  • JESSIE DAVIS — Wow. If this guy’s knee is bothering him, as has been reported since camp, WHY THE **** IS HE GUARDING TUA’S BLINDSIDE??? Please, someone answer that for me. Mr. Flores….I want an answer to that question!! Tua was killed today because this idiot. The wake is Wednesday at Maggadino’s Funeral Home on Los Olas. Flowers are an acceptable gift in memory of the dearly departed. More questions: Is this idiot playing because he’s better than all the other guys? If that’s the case…..We’re in worse trouble than I thought. OR….Is he playing because he has pictures of Brian Flores with sheep? Let’s pray it’s the latter. He is, at this point, nothing more than a camp body. He’s not even a good backup much less a starter. This has to be his last year or we better be prepared for more sorrow.
DL — D + : No pressure on Josh Allen. His pants didn’t even need cleaned after the game. With the amount of Laundry Detergent the Bills saved today, the Pegulas are going to build a new stadium for the Bills in Downtown Niagara Falls, NY. That’s great news!

LB — F : Didn’t Baker get a contract extension a month ago or something? I mean…He must be collecting his check with a gun and a ski mask. Where the hell has he been? Has he made a difference making play yet this year? Do we have any other linebackers? Where has Van Ginkle been? P.S. Hey Brian Flores…..Maybe if you would quit getting rid of our run-stuffing Linebackers, we might be able to stop the run? Call me crazy…It’s just a hunch I have.

DB — C - : Much like their offensive skill position brethren, this unit get points because no one in front of them came close enough to Josh Allen today to even know what number he was wearing without using binoculars. Pathetic. X is officially the best CB in pro football and I fear we have wasting his prime years. Holland is a keeper. Nice double fumble recovery today. I wish Byron Jones would go for the pick more instead of just knocking the ball away. This unit was not the cause of this loss. It was the offensive line’s fault. Just sayin.

ST — F : Waddle’s Fumble. Sanders only kicked off. Palardy is still only average on punts. He isn’t that big of an upgrade to be honest.

Coaching and Front Office — F : Well….I’m going to say the Dual OC thing sucks. I ask again…Why is Jessie Davis still on this team? I guarantee there are better guys on CFL Practice Squads. Until these questions are answered by Mr. Flores, I can’t give him and his crew anything higher than an F. This is a failure by Flores. A failure to find an OC that will throw down field more than 15 yards at least once in a game. A failure to find an OL coach that actually knows what technique is. A failure to punch Chris Grier in the face. Speaking of Chris Grier…This is the point I go on my weekly Anti-Grier rant…Those of you wishing to get off the bus may do so now. OK…For those of you remaining: Chris Grier had Picks and Cap Space. He’s wasted them at this point. I mean….They are both disappearing like rainbow flags in Afghanistan. Honestly, He is on track to make Jeff Ireland look like Bobby Bethard. To All of you Chris Grier defenders….How’s that going for you? He’s making it tough on you…Isn’t he? Soon…..You will have to get on this train with me. I’ll leave you a seat and the light on for you.
I have been saying that I would give Grier’s draft picks time before I jumped on your anti-Grier train. After watching the offensive line he has provided with his draft picks and free agent signings, I am officially joining your train. Forgive me for not joining sooner but I‘m an old man and my brain doesn’t work as well as it did when I was younger.

• Solomon Kindley — He almost ate himself out of the league. His run blocking is better than his pass blocking. But….That pass blocking bar isn’t set too ****en high as witnessed today. Funny Note: Solomon Kindly thinks that Jacoby Brissett is Santa Claus!! I mean, why would he allow himself to get pushed on to Brissett’s lap all day like that?
  • Robert Hunt — The sad thing is, I think his play is being affected by the two morons to his right and to his left. He has good skills, but again, I think his confidence is starting to fade. If we rescue him now, it may not be too late.

Good grading. I

I was thinking about this today. The offensive line could have used a veteran free agent who has had some success elsewhere like the guy from the Pats that went to the Chiefs.
He would have come here and failed because it’s hard to succeed when you are surrounded with incompetence and there is a lot of incompetence with this offensive line, starting with the OL coach.

I’m worried about the way we’ve constructed our offensive coaching staff. Too much in-house nepotism/former colleague stuff. We will have to blow the thing up next season and start with a real OC who had experience and credentials to bring along a proven OL coach. Maybe we can keep the QB coach but I’m worried overall about that side of the ball

Hard to disagree with too much there. I expect we'll see a few changes. Perhaps Eichenberg over Davis. Maybe Doaks over Brown, but probably not yet.

I hope Tua is okay because I do think Miami can win with him. Not ready to panic, but definitely frustrated with the game especially on the offensive side.

I wouldn't be surprised if Grant is cut, honestly. That fumble was huge. Miami was looking to make it 14-7. The defense, after a rough start, had settled a bit. At 14-7, Flores might have gone FG on one of those 4th and short misses in Buffalo territory. In other words, this could have been 14-10 at the half. Momentum is huge, especially against a team that you have struggled against. Not going to say, Miami would have won. Clearly that wasn't happening. But maybe this would have been a more competitive game and the "fire Grier, cut everyone, Tua is trash" posts wouldn't have happened.

Other than three and outs, I don't know what the identity of this offense is. I do understand, though, why we aren't seeing any throws down the field. Until the offensive line settles in, I'd go heavy run and quick passes.

One other point. Pittsburgh looked very much like Miami in the first half against Buffalo. Big Ben eventually settled in, and Allen had a bad second half. This Buffalo defense is really good. Recognizing that may be hard, but it's also encouraging in that Miami likely won't see a better defense.

We got out-coached this game.

Simple as that. No way an entire team is that underwhelming in an early season game at home in Miami against a prime division rival and everyone comes out flat and unprepared. The Bills are a damn good football team, but they didn't beat us with exceptional play ... they were unblocked to the QB, they threw to guys wide open, they ran through vacant running lanes. Our coaches did NOT prepare them well enough for this game, did NOT adjust, and did NOT come in with a good gameplan on either side of the ball.

I think Coach Flo is a decent coach, but the entire staff got completely housed in our own house. This simply isn't good enough. Our players are fine ... not the best but not as bad as they looked today.

This is also where I would say that it sure would be great to have a competent backup QB like Fitzmagic ... but he's already injured as well. We paid real money to Brissette and he's going to have to prove he deserves it. He gets a pass because he had few reps for this game and the entire offense was lousy ... but we're watching, and if he needs to play for many games, we might need to look at a trade for a QB ... but honestly, I'm hoping it's not Watson.

At the end of the day I'm not that upset about losing to the Bills. The blowout is embarassing and the shambolic play is depressing ... but I'm more concerned how the team takes this humiliation. If they wear it as a badge of courage, motivating them to train harder, sharpen their edge, and spur them on to new heights .... then I'm ok with this type of pride-challenging loss at home. But if they just cower in excuses and finger-pointing ... this will be a very bad development. Let's see how these men respond ... with pride and determination, or petulance and excuses.

It's only one loss ... but let's make it a turning point and a learning experience rather than a Jets-level clown car.

Haven't even read the comments yet but the grades are spot on!!

I don’t agree with your grades my man. You graded the OL, DL, LB and WR way too high.

I mean….what the f*** was that yesterday?

I don’t agree with your grades my man. You graded the OL, DL, LB and WR way too high.

I mean….what the f*** was that yesterday?
Finally….A critique I can actually agree with. Point taken sir. Point taken.

HIpVcX.gif

Back
Top Bottom