Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 2 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 2 Edition

Nice write-up. It's early, but the offensive line is the story so far. This unit is playing well.
Tua just played a game where his average time of release was 2seconds. One of the fastest ever recorded. Perhaps the line is still bad but theyre compensating in other ways more than Oline growth.

Eli Apple was really the only glaring issue for this team and luckily for us, he'll be on the bench soon i hope. Cam Smith needs a shot.

The Sanders panic is a bit of an overreaction imo. His kick got us in the playoffs last year.

A 55 yard FG is not a guarantee. He's pretty much money inside of 50 which is all you can ask for. Not every kicker is going to be Justin Tucker. With that said, I'm all for bringing in competition.
How about the missed extra point last week? Forget about that already? We got lucky they didn't beat us with a FG. That was just a plain choke. He needs to freakin get out of his head right now! Kid gloves need to come off with this guy.

I rewatched the game (sober) and I thought Eli Apple was pretty terrible all night.

Mostert is an A for sure

Going 2-0 on the road including a win against a division foe is as good as it gets.
Didn‘t see how Baker contributed much, the dude has no instincts and plays so soft..he is the anti-Zach Thomas.

Tua just played a game where his average time of release was 2seconds. One of the fastest ever recorded. Perhaps the line is still bad but theyre compensating in other ways more than Oline growth.
They had multiple plays with free rushers. Not sure if it was by design or the blocking scheme being messed up. Doesn't matter though when Tua is getting the ball out in 1.98 seconds.

"The ball was out Daniel, the ball was out."

Think it is hard to put blame on Tua for the snap issues without knowing the cause. People assume getting the ball to the QB’s hand is “good enough” and that is far from the truth. The key to a good snap is placing the ball in the pocket between the QB’s hands with the correct orientation before you let go. Williams could easily be hitting Tua’s fingers and letting go which will eventually cause a fumble as the ball is essentially lose for a split second. Williams is not a true center and he never played center until we moved him there, so there is a very good chance it is mostly on him.

How about the missed extra point last week? Forget about that already? We got lucky they didn't beat us with a FG. That was just a plain choke. He needs to freakin get out of his head right now! Kid gloves need to come off with this guy.
i get it but i think every kicker missed at least one xp last year. i do get it though.

As much as some posters get on Grier for some of his draft picks. Grier also should get a lot of credit for signing Kohou as an UDFA from a college 99% of the population has never heard of.

Kohou constantly is the top rated CB for the Dolphins on a weekly basis and has been since the 2022 season.

I think one more bad game and Sanders is gone, especially if it's a missed kick that costs us the game. Understandable at his salary

Back
Top Bottom