Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 2 Edition | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 2 Edition

I was so happy with the win that I avoided this all week, but it has been haunting me so I need to get it off my chest.

I am a bit concerned with our offense.

More specifically, our offensive performance in the second half of this pats game.

We only managed 7 points. Its just not acceptable.

Our drives? :

PUNT: 3 and out, -4 net yards; 2:08 ToP
BLOCKED FG: 11 play drive stalled; 6:23 ToP
PUNT: 3 and out, 3 net yards; 1:05 ToP
INTERCEPTION: 3 Plays, 15 net yards; 1:25 ToP
TOUCHDOWN: 1 play 43 yd beauty by Mostert; 0:06 ToP
MISSED FG: 6 plays; 3:11 ToP

We let the Pats back in this because we couldnt score, but more importantly, we couldnt control the clock.

Outside of Mostert's big run, we got beat up in the second half. Hopefully this trend doesnt continue.

We need to start playing all 4 quarters and keep up that same intensity all game.

I was so happy with the win that I avoided this all week, but it has been haunting me so I need to get it off my chest.

More specifically, our offensive performance in the second half of this pats game.

Our drives? :

We let the Pats back in this because we couldnt score, but more importantly, we couldnt control the clock.

Outside of Mostert's big run, we got beat up in the second half. Hopefully this trend doesnt continue.

We need to start playing all 4 quarters and keep up that same intensity all game.
And did they keep up all game against the Chargers? I don't see how its a trend. There were mistakes made that need to be cleaned up, yes, but we aren't going against Belicheat every week. Like him or hate him (hate, of course), he's a defensive guru.

Unless Sanders ever gets out of his funk, that's going to be a consistent negative...granted. The QB/center exchange issues gotta be fixed, that little wrinkle is showing as a trend, but shouldn't be 'that' hard to fix.

New England is a divisional game against a highly respected defensive mind...those games don't have a script, goofy **** always happens in divisional games. The 4th quarter is, over the past 3 years, Tua's best quarter. One game of them not killing it does not make a trend.

Our drives? :

We just can't have nice things. - LOL

As far as "playing all 4 quarters", did you see Belichick's face when he started yelling at the refs for not letting his guy's cheat near the end of the game? I found it very "heartwarming".

By the way, I have always been a big fan of scoring each quarter and I have posted so several times. Of course, there are some pretty good teams out there who might object and have the secondary strength to stop us, until we solve the problem and score in the next quarter. I notice you didn't applaud our secondary for their effort in that regard.

What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander, so you can now consider your Goose "properly" cooked. - LOL

Fair enough :)

Im just concerned, thats all.

When everyone is touting how great our offense is, I put my guard up.

If our O is that great, we shouldnt have struggled so much in the second half last week.

Hopefully today will make me feel better:)

If our O is that great, we shouldnt have struggled so much in the second half last week.

They'll get better and fix things along the way...if they're already this good with making a bunch of mistakes, it should get insane once they get clean.

I mean, we were playing Belichick's defense on the road the second week in a row. Just something to keep in consideration. We're not going to just routinely go and blow out teams each week. But, this defense has the opportunity to turn it on in a flash better than any Dolphins O I remember since the 90's.

Fair enough. I think we will win today with a big differential.

My only concern is that after a big win today some posters here will expect the same result next week against a much stronger team.

I take tremendous satisfaction in our team winning a hard-fought game, as opposed to the "just lucky" we won posts I see after one of those close games. The tougher the competition, the more enjoyable the win, as far as I'm concerned.

I am consistently astonished that so many posters here fail to realize that even teams with poor records seem to be able to "step up" and occasionally beat teams with much better records. As a case in point, I give you the Dolphins record against the Patriots since I started following the Dolphins in 2016. We were usually near the bottom of our division with the Patriots at or near the top of the division, and we beat them about as often as they beat us. That's part of what makes the NFL great - "Any given Sunday".

I find it appalling to see how many posters here celebrate their "victimhood."

Back
Top Bottom