Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 4 Edition | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 4 Edition

I don’t think this was as bad as it looked. The two pi penalties got them going early. Losing your two best olinemen is obviously going to hurt. I thought Tua was fine despite being pressured every single play. This was a divisional game on the road that Buffalo had to win. They spanked us today but I don’t believe they are a better team. We got behind and abandoned the running game.
Basically correct.

I don’t think this was as bad as it looked. The two pi penalties got them going early. Losing your two best olinemen is obviously going to hurt. I thought Tua was fine despite being pressured every single play. This was a divisional game on the road that Buffalo had to win. They spanked us today but I don’t believe they are a better team. We got behind and abandoned the running game.
Basically, this was my thinking as well and why I called the thread nonsense. Miami came out and matched the Bills tit for tat on offense until some nonsense began to happen. The Bills went down and scored for a third time, when Miami began to lose some of their rhythm. The Bills getting things like 43-yard pass interference calls meant their offense didn't have to work to get down the field. Meanwhile, Miami got some terrible field position. Then, the dam finally burst after a fumble ended up a turnover. The last straw was the piss poor decision to throw deep by Tua.

When pushed to the wall, Tua will throw the interception. He tries to force the thing to happen. We were all staring at the obvious by this point, though. They shouldn't have gone for two when they did, but they did and they failed to get it. Then you have Tua trying to wing it when he's not superman.

But ultimately the pass interference calls and other crap were just killers to this team's momentum and rhythm out there. I said before this game that Buffalo is always a really tough team to face at home. Fans on here thought this was going to be a cakewalk. Now we have the classic over-correction with statements like "Buffalo is simply the better team. That is a fact and it is indisputable." Okay, Betty. It was only a football game. We're gonna kick their asses when they get to Miami. Take that better team, turn it sideways, and you know what to do with it!

Yesterday’s issues have been present all season and were bound to become a problem against better opponents.

-Snapping problems
-Communication problems
-Lack of halftime adjustments
-Swiss Cheese defense
-No pass rush unless we blitz (Chubb is just stealing money at this point)

The good news to me is that this seems like a team that is unafraid to admit mistakes and work to fix them. Additionally we have seemingly found a star in Achane and we will get Ramsey back for a late season run at the playoffs.

Basically, this was my thinking as well and why I called the thread nonsense. Miami came out and matched the Bills tit for tat on offense until some nonsense began to happen. The Bills went down and scored for a third time, when Miami began to lose some of their rhythm. The Bills getting things like 43-yard pass interference calls meant their offense didn't have to work to get down the field. Meanwhile, Miami got some terrible field position. Then, the dam finally burst after a fumble ended up a turnover. The last straw was the piss poor decision to throw deep by Tua.

When pushed to the wall, Tua will throw the interception. He tries to force the thing to happen. We were all staring at the obvious by this point, though. They shouldn't have gone for two when they did, but they did and they failed to get it. Then you have Tua trying to wing it when he's not superman.

But ultimately the pass interference calls and other crap were just killers to this team's momentum and rhythm out there. I said before this game that Buffalo is always a really tough team to face at home. Fans on here thought this was going to be a cakewalk. Now we have the classic over-correction with statements like "Buffalo is simply the better team. That is a fact and it is indisputable." Okay, Betty. It was only a football game. We're gonna kick their asses when they get to Miami. Take that better team, turn it sideways, and you know what to do with it!
Agreed. This game should’ve been a lot closer. Divisional game on the road when we are feeling great and bills face a must win. What do you expect?

Back
Top Bottom