Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 5 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 5 Edition

He's a top pass catching TE. Or was.

If you continue to attempt to have him block 3x more than catch, you are doing it wrong.
He’s not good at getting open when being paid attention to.

Yeah, terrible game.

Not to make excuses, but the Jets got this matchup at the absolute right time. Tua out, both starting corners, Bridgewater early, Armstead out etc. A rookie forced to start at quarterback.

This is a decimated team right now. Let's vent, get past this quickly, and rebound with a win.

Last edited:
Good on you Zim. Tough but fair grades.

Ray mentioned he might take the week off from Finheaven. Might not be a bad idea. Ray’s lemmings aka chicken littles, aka whiners, aka witches with a b will be out in force.

Yeah, terrible game.

Not to make excuses, but the Jets got this matchup at the absolute right time. Tua out, both starting corners, Brissett out early, Armstead out etc. A rookie forced to start at quarterback.

This is a decimated team right now. Let's vent, get past this quickly, and rebound with a win.
Brissett? 😄

Yeah, terrible game.

Not to make excuses, but the Jets got this matchup at the absolute right time. Tua out, both starting corners, Brissett out early, Armstead out etc. A rookie forced to start at quarterback.

Lol

It's nobody's fault but the coaches on why Gesecki is not seeing more action. You can't ****ing tell me he isn't good or can't catch. **** the scheme, McDaniel has said it himself. You build the offense to your players strengths. We should absolutely be finding ways to get Gesecki the ball. Especially in the end zone. Just horrible on the coaches if you ask me

I kept hearing all week Hunter Long was due back. And? Whats he done to warrant positive media posts hailing his return? Nothing. Fact he's been advertised as coming back says how poor that TE unit as axwhole has performed... or not.

Hey Zimm - thanks for doing this as always. I feel the grades reflect a bit of venting in them. For one, Mostert went for over 100 yards and that alone should warrant a decent grade. We were gashing the Jets on 1st down runs all day. I don’t know why MM wouldn’t run it on 2nd down. But the run game was clicking today and scored both TDs too.

Thompson was better than an F. He was composed, showed good pocket awareness and drew I think 3 PIs on long throws that don’t show up in the stats. He led 3 scoring drives and could have been 4 but Sanders missed his FG. And that drive only stalled thanks to Little false starting. Skylar is a rookie but I’ll say this - he didn’t look any different than the top rookie QBs taken in their first games. I would grade him a C honestly. Perhaps a C- on the day. Those roughly 100 yards of PI are really passing yards in a way.

I was really disappointed in our D for all of the face masks that ruined negative plays for losses etc. I think we had 4 ? The tackling was really bad today

Thompson does deserve a better grade. His pass protection wasn’t great and he was victimized by some flat out drops by open receivers. His pre snap reads were bad and he does hold onto the ball too long. He is also our only QB that can take a hit and not leave injured. I mean that hit on Bridgewater was a clean shot by a CB but didn’t look like a knock out punch.
Our D is terribly over rated and the lack of athleticism from our LB combined with zero pressure from our front four does not bode well as the season rolls along.

Just what happened to all the weapons? Ok Hill and Waddle are banged up...What's up with Wilson? It's like Albert Wilson never left. Chase Edmonds is not playable now, nothing called to Smythe. Connor sucks, Gesicki has been phased out. He used to be more into the game when he made catches and would get fired up after 1st down catches, now he's hardly on the field and when he is on the field he's just out there as nothing his called his way, he just looks miserable now and rightfully so as you can tell he's frustrated with his usage. Blocking should not be the lone determining factor for Geiscki and Gesicki alone. Smythe isn't that great of a blocker and he ain't getting separation yet he's on the field more than Gesicki. Gesicki should absolutely be your red zone threat yet he's not. That's insane. Also Miami can not keep ignoring the RB position in the draft next season. Enough's enough, these band aids in FA aren't working!

Back
Top Bottom