Zim’s Grades Game 14 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades Game 14 Edition

Just being honest. I thought he did fantastic given all the challenges, but I do not believe in grade inflation. Hey, I gave him a B. Why so negative. This was an awesome team win where everybody contributed.
I’m gonna be honest. Rookie QB with no WRs, no big play TE and a running game that has failed him until today earns him an A no matter how you try to slice it. His composure alone earns him an A. He’s a true leader

Last edited:
We put the final nail in the coffin! It feels so good to knock the Pats out of the playoffs. The way we did it is even more impressive. Let’s get to the grades.

QB - A : Great game management. Accuracy was good all game long. 2 short rushing TD’s. The only complaint was the pick....But he was getting hit so I’ll just take the “+” off of the grade. Even Tua’s detractors have to admit he’s going to be a very good QB once we get him more weapons.

RB’s - A : What a great game by both RB’s. Ahmed was great going for almost 120 and a TD. Brieda filled in when needed nicely. Good game from this group.

WR’s - B + : Not a lot to grade here to be honest....But they were good blocking on run plays for sure. There wasn’t a ton of separation today by this group. However, they made the plays they needed to. Missing Grant and Parker was noticed. Hollins with a tough drop. Still, a solid effort.

TE’s - A : Missing Gesicki wasn’t a death sentence by any means. Smythe was good and made a few nice plays. Shaheen with a nice catch and run. Good game from this group. Also, run blocking was good as well.

OL - A : RUN BLOCKING? From a Miami Dolphins OL? I’m shocked. They pulled that out today and it was great to watch. I hope Kindley isn’t out too long. Hunt was moving people today. That was just a great effort from this crew.

DL - B : A good job from this unit. Not Great. Had they stopped the run better today, this would have been a shutout. Regardless, this was a B effort. Ogbah with a sack late which sealed the deal was great.

LB’s - A : A good effort today by this crew. Van Noy being back made a noticeable difference. Baker was active today and made a few nice plays. Van Ginkle with a pressure or 2.

DB’s - A + : If X isn’t DPOY something is wrong. He is balling this year. A forced fumble and should have had a fumble return for a TD. He’s been Awsome. The Jones brothers were good today. Just an amazing game from this group. This will be a fun film to watch tomorrow.

ST’s - C + : Sanders misses a 52 yarder. Iggy with a STUPID decision to return a kick he shouldn’t have. Haack was average. How does Grugier-Hill not declare before the fake punt? Not the best day for this unit.

Coaching and Front Office - B : Well.... I hated some of the conservative defensive calls. However, overall the D was good. The way we played on offense was masterful. Everyone was talking about BB vs a rookie QB. Gailey made sure that didn’t matter. A ton of running today mixed in with a few RPO calls. Nice short passing calls. I was impressed by Gailey today.
Speaking of TEs, loved the multiple plays where our TEs steamrolled dudes to pick up 4-5 extra. Can they rub some of that on Gesicki please?

Miami really earned this win. Game ball to the offensive line! Ahmad had a tremendous game as well, making some great reads to get outside for big gains.

That Tua interception took the Dolphins some time to overcome. Unfortunately, that was a huge negative play after such a great drive. I would probably give Tua a B grade. He did overcome that, though.

Love your write ups.

I actually took into account the complete lack of weapons Tua had today. Keep in mind he was playing :

A) Against BB. As we all know, BB has made a career of eating up rookie QB’s. Look what he did to Herbert last week.

B) Without Gesicki and Parker. Those are easily his top 2 targets. Throw in Grant and that’s a significant loss of firepower.

C) Only his 7th game of his career. That’s not even a half of a full season.

I’d say that’s pretty damn impressive

I am OK with Tua’s red zone pick. The right call was to tuck and run. However, I like that he looks to make a play with his arm before his legs. I also like that he learned from his mistake and tucked it for his 1st rushing TD in almost exactly the same scenario. Also, you could call it a rookie mistake, but I have seen pretty much every QB in the NFL throw a pick when getting hit.

I love Tua as much as anyone. But that was an absolutely trash play from him. I don’t care if he’s getting hit or not. Throw it away or run it. That wasn’t a good play by the defense. It wasn’t a bad throw. It was down right an awful decision to even throw in that direction there.

Rookie mistake. But you hope he learns quickly from that in a playoff run. Can’t make those mistakes in the red zone.

We put the final nail in the coffin! It feels so good to knock the Pats out of the playoffs. The way we did it is even more impressive. Let’s get to the grades.

QB - A : Great game management. Accuracy was good all game long. 2 short rushing TD’s. The only complaint was the pick....But he was getting hit so I’ll just take the “+” off of the grade. Even Tua’s detractors have to admit he’s going to be a very good QB once we get him more weapons.

RB’s - A : What a great game by both RB’s. Ahmed was great going for almost 120 and a TD. Brieda filled in when needed nicely. Good game from this group.

WR’s - B + : Not a lot to grade here to be honest....But they were good blocking on run plays for sure. There wasn’t a ton of separation today by this group. However, they made the plays they needed to. Missing Grant and Parker was noticed. Hollins with a tough drop. Still, a solid effort.

TE’s - A : Missing Gesicki wasn’t a death sentence by any means. Smythe was good and made a few nice plays. Shaheen with a nice catch and run. Good game from this group. Also, run blocking was good as well.

OL - A : RUN BLOCKING? From a Miami Dolphins OL? I’m shocked. They pulled that out today and it was great to watch. I hope Kindley isn’t out too long. Hunt was moving people today. That was just a great effort from this crew.

DL - B : A good job from this unit. Not Great. Had they stopped the run better today, this would have been a shutout. Regardless, this was a B effort. Ogbah with a sack late which sealed the deal was great.

LB’s - A : A good effort today by this crew. Van Noy being back made a noticeable difference. Baker was active today and made a few nice plays. Van Ginkle with a pressure or 2.

DB’s - A + : If X isn’t DPOY something is wrong. He is balling this year. A forced fumble and should have had a fumble return for a TD. He’s been Awsome. The Jones brothers were good today. Just an amazing game from this group. This will be a fun film to watch tomorrow.

ST’s - C + : Sanders misses a 52 yarder. Iggy with a STUPID decision to return a kick he shouldn’t have. Haack was average. How does Grugier-Hill not declare before the fake punt? Not the best day for this unit.

Coaching and Front Office - B : Well.... I hated some of the conservative defensive calls. However, overall the D was good. The way we played on offense was masterful. Everyone was talking about BB vs a rookie QB. Gailey made sure that didn’t matter. A ton of running today mixed in with a few RPO calls. Nice short passing calls. I was impressed by Gailey today.
Agree with the Iggy play. Man that was terrible awareness. X would have had a pick of not for Van Noy tipping it.

I love Tua as much as anyone. But that was an absolutely trash play from him. I don’t care if he’s getting hit or not. Throw it away or run it. That wasn’t a good play by the defense. It wasn’t a bad throw. It was down right an awful decision to even throw in that direction there.

Rookie mistake. But you hope he learns quickly from that in a playoff run. Can’t make those mistakes in the red zone.
The reality is the defender hitting him is what turned that throw into a duck. For all we know he could have been trying to throw it away. Standing in the pocket it had to at least be near a WR to not be intentional grounding. I have seen every QB in the NFL make similar mistakes. That includes first ballot HOFers this season (TB12 and Brees). His first rushing TD showed that he at least learned from it.

Back
Top Bottom