Zim’s Grades Game 14 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades Game 14 Edition

I heard the announcers say they thought Miami saw something to the left to run at. So they ran to the left then the ran to the right , then they ran up the middle . Most yards Billichick has given up in over a decade

I heard the announcers say they thought Miami saw something to the left to run at. So they ran to the left then the ran to the right , then they ran up the middle . Most yards Billichick has given up in over a decade
Absolutely. I gave credit to Gailey for the offensive Gameplan. And he deserves it. Especially because it took the pressure off of Tua. As for the defensive gameplan..... I thought they could have heated up Cam on 3rd and long more.....But, you can’t complain too much if you only give up FG’s.

The reality is the defender hitting him is what turned that throw into a duck. For all we know he could have been trying to throw it away. Standing in the pocket it had to at least be near a WR to not be intentional grounding. I have seen every QB in the NFL make similar mistakes. That includes first ballot HOFers this season (TB12 and Brees). His first rushing TD showed that he at least learned from it.

He wasn’t trying to throw it away. You don’t turn to the side and throw to your right all the sudden to throw it away. He can throw it out of the back of the end zone like every smart throw away we see is done.

He wasn’t trying to throw it away. You don’t turn to the side and throw to your right all the sudden to throw it away. He can throw it out of the back of the end zone like every smart throw away we see is done.
The fact that he came back and learned from it is bigger than the pick. You hate to see it, but to see him help the team get the win with little WR help is outstanding. That's not homerism, it's what it is.

What a difference a run game makes. The only issue I take is to stop putting Tua in 2nd/3rd and long situations. Overall good job with the grades.

The fact that he came back and learned from it is bigger than the pick. You hate to see it, but to see him help the team get the win with little WR help is outstanding. That's not homerism, it's what it is.

What a difference a run game makes. The only issue I take is to stop putting Tua in 2nd/3rd and long situations. Overall good job with the grades.

You don’t have to convince me of that. I thought he played well today considering circumstances. Just one really really bad play that can’t happen is all.

Absolutely, a more experienced and top-level QB throws that to Bowden. It was one of four crucial mistakes I saw. Not worried about it because he gets better every week. He ran it in the second time when a similar issue happened. The rook did ok with a lot of pressure. Just awesome that the running game could bail him out. He gets great experience and gets the win!!!
Sometimes it is extremely hard to understand what a QB sees with a helmet on vs what we see as fans from an angle meant for viewing. I have watched that play 15-20 times. What I saw is Tua taking his eyes off Bowden for a split second as he feels Chase Winovich (50) closing in. That is why he tries to step up in the pocket. Unfortunately, Bowden was no longer open at that point and Winovich hits him as he throws resulting in a duck. Feel free to go back and watch the play a few more times. Bowden was only open for a split second and the pass rush messed up the timing of the play. It doesn’t change the fact that he made a poor decision.

Excellent job on the grades. The only change I would make is lowering Tua‘s grade from an A to an A minus. Throwing that interception early in the game after the offense had moved the ball nearly 90 yards was his one really bad play in the game. At least he learned from that play because he pulled the ball down and ran for a TD the next time he was in that same situation.
The defense gave up some plays today but they held the Patriots without a TD so even if your grades might be a little high. It is tough to argue with you when the defense only gave up 3 FG’s all day.

After that long drive which ended in a pick Tua and the offense which was shutout graded a C in the first half. The second half was an efficient power offense which graded out as an A. So overall Tua gets a B in my book, but he does seem to be a QB that can finish which works for me.

Back
Top Bottom