Zim’s Grades Game 9 Edition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades Game 9 Edition

DZimmer000

BJJ Black Belt
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
We were expected to win against the Chargers.....But more than that, I really like the way we’re winning. I’m not saying we’re gonna win the Super Bowl, but any team getting contributions from all 3 pareses of the game like that is going to tough to beat. Now on to the grades.

QB - B+ : A good not great day for Tua. Should have had a couple passes picked to be honest. He just seemed a tiny bit off yesterday. But I’ll say this.... If that’s an off day..... I’ll take that anytime.

RB’s - B+ : Gotta give credit to Ahmed. 81 yards or so and a TD. Not a bad game for a 5th stringer. Even Laird contributed. Nice job by this unit.

OL - B : As usual... Solid but not great job. The Pass Pro was good. The run game blocking needs to improve. They did enough to get the W.

TE’s - B- : Gesicki is so hot and cold it amazes me. One minute he looks like Baby Gronk, the next he looks like a PS guy. He needs to find some consistency. Smythe with a TD though.

WR’s - B : Parker had some nice catches. Grant played well. It’s such a shame Williams got hurt. We need a WR early in the draft. But, this wasn’t a bad effort by these guys.

DL - B : Not a ton of pressure all day but they played well. Stopped the run for the most part and made Herbert uncomfortable when they had to. I thought we missed Wilkins a little.

LB’s - B+ : I might get a bunch of flak for this, but Van Noy is our defensive MVP. When he got hurt, the Chargers started moving the ball. Coincidentally, when he came back in the game, they didn’t. Baker was active. Van Ginkel was good. Nice Job

DB’s - B + : Good coverage all day. X with another pick. Our safety play is slowly getting very good. This is a very good unit.

ST’s - F : Sanders missed a kick? HE SUCKS. What kind of football player goes 22 for 23 in anything? He must pick up his check every week with a mask and a gun. We need to cut him. OR...... I’m totally kidding. This is an A. Blocked punt. Good returns. Nice punts. Definitely a great effort by this crew.

Coaching and Front Office - A : Missing coaches and a player due to COVID and this team didn’t miss a beat. I actually felt like they were a little flat, but it didn’t matter. I don’t think anyone can question our coaching staff. Highly impressive. Again, I was wrong. I wasn’t thrilled about hiring Flores. I called Grier all kinds of names. The old saying is, if you walk into a room and can’t spot the idiot. It’s probably you. Well, I think I know who the idiot is now..... And it’s not Grier.

Good grades Zim, but I would personally lower the Oline grade to a C. While they didn't give up any sacks, they contributed to 7 points to the Bolts offense. That was a big momentum changer for a little bit. There were two bad snaps. Luckily our rookie picked up the other fumble and turned it into a 23 yard pass to Parker.

Special teams has been great, cant even be mad at him for missing one lol. Jakeem had some really solid punt returns yesterday.

I wish Gesicki would fight for the ball more.

Good grades Zim, but I would personally lower the Oline grade to a C. While they didn't give up any sacks, they contributed to 7 points to the Bolts offense. That was a big momentum changer for a little bit. There were two bad snaps. Luckily our rookie picked up the other fumble and turned it into a 23 yard pass to Parker.

Special teams has been great, cant even be mad at him for missing one lol. Jakeem had some really solid punt returns yesterday.

My exact thoughts yesterday.....the good ones grab those in tight windows. He needs upper body strength to improve.

I agree about Gesicki. Sometimes he fights for it..... Sometimes he just looks like another guy.

I actually thought about a C+ for the OL....But I moved it to a B because they didn’t allow any sacks, so...I kinda agree with you on that.

Zim - How about a little recognition for Nik Needham keeping Keenan Allen to just 3 receptions from 7 targets for just 39 yards and a late TD. Keenan Allen is the Chargers absolute stud receiver and he had statistically, his least productive game of the season. Nik Needham was an undrafted free agent last season from the UTEP Miners and he just continues to do his job with a minimum of fuss. Our DBs are one of the strengths of our team.

Last edited:

if not for the Houdini disappearing act by Tua, the OL would have given up a sack.

Jerry Tillery wasn't on the ground hurt physically after that play, he was hurt emotionally.

Last edited:
Great points on Van Noy and Gesicki. Hard to judge leadership sometimes, but have to love what he's added to the defense. Gesicki needs to win more of those contested throws.

Well, I guess Sanders isn't a cyborg after all!

Will be interesting now how Miami handles teams that they are favored to win. Hopefully, the focus and effort will remain top-notch.

We were expected to win against the Chargers.....But more than that, I really like the way we’re winning. I’m not saying we’re gonna win the Super Bowl, but any team getting contributions from all 3 pareses of the game like that is going to tough to beat. Now on to the grades.

QB - B+ : A good not great day for Tua. Should have had a couple passes picked to be honest. He just seemed a tiny bit off yesterday. But I’ll say this.... If that’s an off day..... I’ll take that anytime.

RB’s - B+ : Gotta give credit to Ahmed. 81 yards or so and a TD. Not a bad game for a 5th stringer. Even Laird contributed. Nice job by this unit.

OL - B : As usual... Solid but not great job. The Pass Pro was good. The run game blocking needs to improve. They did enough to get the W.

TE’s - B- : Gesicki is so hot and cold it amazes me. One minute he looks like Baby Gronk, the next he looks like a PS guy. He needs to find some consistency. Smythe with a TD though.

WR’s - B : Parker had some nice catches. Grant played well. It’s such a shame Williams got hurt. We need a WR early in the draft. But, this wasn’t a bad effort by these guys.

DL - B : Not a ton of pressure all day but they played well. Stopped the run for the most part and made Herbert uncomfortable when they had to. I thought we missed Wilkins a little.

LB’s - B+ : I might get a bunch of flak for this, but Van Noy is our defensive MVP. When he got hurt, the Chargers started moving the ball. Coincidentally, when he came back in the game, they didn’t. Baker was active. Van Ginkel was good. Nice Job

DB’s - B + : Good coverage all day. X with another pick. Our safety play is slowly getting very good. This is a very good unit.

ST’s - F : Sanders missed a kick? HE SUCKS. What kind of football player goes 22 for 23 in anything? He must pick up his check every week with a mask and a gun. We need to cut him. OR...... I’m totally kidding. This is an A. Blocked punt. Good returns. Nice punts. Definitely a great effort by this crew.

Coaching and Front Office - A : Missing coaches and a player due to COVID and this team didn’t miss a beat. I actually felt like they were a little flat, but it didn’t matter. I don’t think anyone can question our coaching staff. Highly impressive. Again, I was wrong. I wasn’t thrilled about hiring Flores. I called Grier all kinds of names. The old saying is, if you walk into a room and can’t spot the idiot. It’s probably you. Well, I think I know who the idiot is now..... And it’s not Grier.
Nice post. When you add in Grant’s 3 PRs w an average of 19 per return and a long of 20 + Parker handling the OS kick, that’s an A+ for me. Even w a missed FG.

Great points on Van Noy and Gesicki. Hard to judge leadership sometimes, but have to love what he's added to the defense. Gesicki needs to win more of those contested throws.

Well, I guess Sanders isn't a cyborg after all!

Will be interesting now how Miami handles teams that they are favored to win. Hopefully, the focus and effort will remain top-notch.

he is, he's just been programmed to mask it by an occasional miss

Back
Top Bottom