Zim’s Grades Game 9 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades Game 9 Edition

Zim - How about a little recognition for Nik Needham keeping Keenan Allen to just 3 receptions from 7 targets for just 39 yards and a late TD. Keenan Allen is the Chargers stud receiver and he had statistically, his least productive game of the season. Nik Needham was an undrafted free agent last season from the UTEP Miners and he just continues to do his job with a minimum of fuss. Our DBs are one of the strengths of our team.
Spike....DEAD ON BRO. I should have mentioned that. Needham was sick yesterday. My bad for not mentioning him.

Great time for Sanders to get his first miss out of the way...notice the next one couldn't have been more perfect...love watching the ball hit the net and fall directly behind the base of the uprights

We were expected to win against the Chargers.....But more than that, I really like the way we’re winning. I’m not saying we’re gonna win the Super Bowl, but any team getting contributions from all 3 pareses of the game like that is going to tough to beat. Now on to the grades.

QB - B+ : A good not great day for Tua. Should have had a couple passes picked to be honest. He just seemed a tiny bit off yesterday. But I’ll say this.... If that’s an off day..... I’ll take that anytime.

RB’s - B+ : Gotta give credit to Ahmed. 81 yards or so and a TD. Not a bad game for a 5th stringer. Even Laird contributed. Nice job by this unit.

OL - B : As usual... Solid but not great job. The Pass Pro was good. The run game blocking needs to improve. They did enough to get the W.

TE’s - B- : Gesicki is so hot and cold it amazes me. One minute he looks like Baby Gronk, the next he looks like a PS guy. He needs to find some consistency. Smythe with a TD though.

WR’s - B : Parker had some nice catches. Grant played well. It’s such a shame Williams got hurt. We need a WR early in the draft. But, this wasn’t a bad effort by these guys.

DL - B : Not a ton of pressure all day but they played well. Stopped the run for the most part and made Herbert uncomfortable when they had to. I thought we missed Wilkins a little.

LB’s - B+ : I might get a bunch of flak for this, but Van Noy is our defensive MVP. When he got hurt, the Chargers started moving the ball. Coincidentally, when he came back in the game, they didn’t. Baker was active. Van Ginkel was good. Nice Job

DB’s - B + : Good coverage all day. X with another pick. Our safety play is slowly getting very good. This is a very good unit.

ST’s - F : Sanders missed a kick? HE SUCKS. What kind of football player goes 22 for 23 in anything? He must pick up his check every week with a mask and a gun. We need to cut him. OR...... I’m totally kidding. This is an A. Blocked punt. Good returns. Nice punts. Definitely a great effort by this crew.

Coaching and Front Office - A : Missing coaches and a player due to COVID and this team didn’t miss a beat. I actually felt like they were a little flat, but it didn’t matter. I don’t think anyone can question our coaching staff. Highly impressive. Again, I was wrong. I wasn’t thrilled about hiring Flores. I called Grier all kinds of names. The old saying is, if you walk into a room and can’t spot the idiot. It’s probably you. Well, I think I know who the idiot is now..... And it’s not Grier.
You obviously didn’t hear what Grier and Flo called you :YEAHR:

Great time for Sanders to get his first miss out of the way...notice the next one couldn't have been more perfect...love watching the ball hit the net and fall directly behind the base of the uprights
No kidding.....Sanders is definitely in the running for our MVP right now. He’s been unbelievable

Thanks Zimm

The Sandman usually puts the other team out - the miss was bound to happen eventually it didn’t cost us and it appears the team is being coached to run out the clock when we have a two score lead - not my favourite

I expect that we will be at full throttle soon - we should be trying to put up points for when we get into that tough stretch of games later this year

I actually told my friends I hope he misses this one so they shut up about "that's 22 in a row" and stuff
Never want a Fin's kicker to miss but in this case I think it's better there than down the road when we really need it.
Takes a little pressure off him

Thanks Zimm

The Sandman usually puts the other team out - the miss was bound to happen eventually it didn’t cost us and it appears the team is being coached to run out the clock when we have a two score lead - not my favourite

I expect that we will be at full throttle soon - we should be trying to put up points for when we get into that tough stretch of games later this year
Thanks RENT.....

As for the conservative play calling....It’s definitely happening. But I this it’s because they’re bringing Tua along slowly right now. I’m fine with it at this point. There is going to come a game where we have to open it up. But right now, I’m OK with it.

Was that Lofton doing our color again? He seemed to be rooting for the Chargers pretty blatantly. Also, the play by play guy would wait until there was important action on the field before launching into some long mind numbing statistic. With that catch Keenan Allen just became the 5th fastest receiver in Charger history to reach 2 or fewer catches in 4 consecutive road games while wearing a throwback jersey on a Thursday night game. Oh yea!! TD Miami!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were expected to win against the Chargers.....But more than that, I really like the way we’re winning. I’m not saying we’re gonna win the Super Bowl, but any team getting contributions from all 3 pareses of the game like that is going to tough to beat. Now on to the grades.

QB - B+ : A good not great day for Tua. Should have had a couple passes picked to be honest. He just seemed a tiny bit off yesterday. But I’ll say this.... If that’s an off day..... I’ll take that anytime.

RB’s - B+ : Gotta give credit to Ahmed. 81 yards or so and a TD. Not a bad game for a 5th stringer. Even Laird contributed. Nice job by this unit.

OL - B : As usual... Solid but not great job. The Pass Pro was good. The run game blocking needs to improve. They did enough to get the W.

TE’s - B- : Gesicki is so hot and cold it amazes me. One minute he looks like Baby Gronk, the next he looks like a PS guy. He needs to find some consistency. Smythe with a TD though.

WR’s - B : Parker had some nice catches. Grant played well. It’s such a shame Williams got hurt. We need a WR early in the draft. But, this wasn’t a bad effort by these guys.

DL - B : Not a ton of pressure all day but they played well. Stopped the run for the most part and made Herbert uncomfortable when they had to. I thought we missed Wilkins a little.

LB’s - B+ : I might get a bunch of flak for this, but Van Noy is our defensive MVP. When he got hurt, the Chargers started moving the ball. Coincidentally, when he came back in the game, they didn’t. Baker was active. Van Ginkel was good. Nice Job

DB’s - B + : Good coverage all day. X with another pick. Our safety play is slowly getting very good. This is a very good unit.

ST’s - F : Sanders missed a kick? HE SUCKS. What kind of football player goes 22 for 23 in anything? He must pick up his check every week with a mask and a gun. We need to cut him. OR...... I’m totally kidding. This is an A. Blocked punt. Good returns. Nice punts. Definitely a great effort by this crew.

Coaching and Front Office - A : Missing coaches and a player due to COVID and this team didn’t miss a beat. I actually felt like they were a little flat, but it didn’t matter. I don’t think anyone can question our coaching staff. Highly impressive. Again, I was wrong. I wasn’t thrilled about hiring Flores. I called Grier all kinds of names. The old saying is, if you walk into a room and can’t spot the idiot. It’s probably you. Well, I think I know who the idiot is now..... And it’s not Grier.
Nice job brother. I'd say that Ogbah and Howard are our best two players on defense but Van Noy is one of the leaders for sure and btw, Sisler and AVG keep on playing well every week too.

Was that Lofton doing our color again? He seemed to be rooting for the Chargers pretty blatantly. Also, the play by play guy would wait until there was important action on the field before launching into some long mind numbing statistic. With that catch Keenan Allen just became the 5th fastest receiver in Charger history to reach 2 or fewer catches in 4 consecutive road games while wearing a throwback jersey on a Thursday night game. Oh yea!! TD Miami!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was Rich Gannon, whom I don't like. The PbP was Gumbel.

Back
Top Bottom