Zim’s Week 2 Grades | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Week 2 Grades

Tebow day - I had forgotten that. Who does that? Who does any of the things you mention? An idiot. That’s who.
Not to mention him lobbying for less September home games and constantly giving up home games to London just to host a SB. lol Shouldn't you be more worried about getting your team to a SB instead of hosting one?

Justin Herbert: 13/20 195 yards, 1 TD at half.

Watch, just like with every game that Drew Brees plays, he basically mocks us for our decision, it'll be the same here. Herbert will end up in the hall of fame, Tua will battle an injury plagued career.

Don't want it to be this way, but admit it..........this would be SO DOLPHIN!

The confusing thing for me personally is trying to figure out why fans thought our defense was going to be good early in the season. We have a bunch of rookies mixed with vets from different teams that have played all of 2 games (now) together. We lost to two 2019 playoff teams. It isn’t really shocking. The Pats have excellent coaching and a solid roster and the Bills have a stacked team that will probably win the division. Let’s see how things look Thursday vs the Jags. That will be a realistic test for the team.

The confusing thing for me personally is trying to figure out why fans thought our defense was going to be good early in the season. We have a bunch of rookies mixed with vets from different teams that have played all of 2 games (now) together. We lost to two 2019 playoff teams. It isn’t really shocking. The Pats have excellent coaching and a solid roster and the Bills have a stacked team that will probably win the division. Let’s see how things look Thursday vs the Jags. That will be a realistic test for the team.
I didn't think it would be good. But I also didn't think it would be 500 yards to Buffalo and career day Josh Allen bad. I expected the defense at the very least to be well coached with good fundamentals.

I would be mad if the 2007 Dolphins came out with this type of defensive effort, much less one coached by a defensive-minded HC who just got to spend a lot of money and draft picks re-tooling his roster.

Grier sucks, Flores sucks, the defense is garbage. This team better hope Tua is a franchise QB, everything I know about this organization tells me that Tua will be a bust, or he will suck for us and then go to another team and be good.

I would be mad if the 2007 Dolphins came out with this type of defensive effort, much less one coached by a defensive-minded HC who just got to spend a lot of money and draft picks re-tooling his roster.

I feel like people have forgotten that our roster turn over from last year was basically unprecedented. We don’t just have a few new starters. Most of our roster is either rookies or FAs new to the team. With no off-season it is going to be an ugly learning process. I feel like people made the same complaints this time last year and things turned around. Just have to take it one game at a time.

Pretty solid grading I would slightly bump the LB unit since KVN had a forced fumble and nearly had a pick six that ended up forcing a 3 and out and getting us the ball in good field position. Godchaux and Wilkins both had some okay run stuffs our run D looked a little better but Buffalo kept torching us through the air so why bother running

tackling is horrid too. I like some of the halftime adjustments but you cannot let Diggs be open all the time. Once again we let one player take over the game

Please let us get a game changer on D hopefully a lber
I’m on the Micah Parsons bandwagon.

Another loss. Here we go:

QB- B - : Not a bad game from Fitz. Got some help from the receivers....But he didn’t make too many mistakes. Much better than last week.

RB’s- C+ : Gaskin played OK. He had some good runs. Brieda was non-existent again. Not sure why. Jordan Howard had a TD but only 3 or 4 carries. I don’t understand this coaching staff.

WR’s and TE’s: B : Some amazing catches from this crew. Could have been a B + if Williams catches that ball on the Goal line. GREAT game by Gesicki. His best game so far in my opinion.

OL- C+ : Not a horrible game at all by this unit. The rookies are playing well actually. They need to open more holes in the running game. Pass pro is getting better. This unit is improving.

DL - F : Holy **** are these guys bad. The Bills equipment guys aren’t even gonna have to wash Josh Allen’s jersey. He was barely touched all day. Another complete miss by Grier on the Free Agent class. Ogbah? Lawson? Where the **** were they all day? I blame Grier on this.

LB’s - D : Another unit completely unseen today. Didn’t get deep enough on PA passes. Coverage was below average. We’re gonna need help here too.

DB’s- D: This isn’t an F for 2 reasons: 1 Jones got hurt early. 2 The ****ing DL and LB’s gave Allen enough time to browse Amazon, then pick a receiver, then complete the throw. Iggy biggie noggany got roasted all day. I get he’s a rookie, but for **** sake, WHY would our DC have him cover Diggs? WTF?

Coaching and GM - F- : So.... No pressure....But keep playing man? STUPID. Keep your rookie DB on one of the best receivers in the game even though he’s getting roasted? STUPID. The GM signs guys for crazy money that can’t get near the QB? STUPID. Im quickly losing faith in Flores and I’m now positive that Grier is the worst GM in this league by a mile. There is a VERY good chance we lose to Jacksonville on a Thursday night.

This is still a very bad team and Tua cannot save it.

You may not understand them, but could YOU have scored 28 points against the Bills? :shrug: That should have been enough to beat any team. If a couple plays had gone the other way, we win that game. I agree the Defense needs a lot of work; However, they are light years ahead of where they were at this time last year. We have to give them that. Byron Jones going down in the first series was crucial; Bills took advantage of a rookie DB all day. Pass rush must improve soon and significantly, or it will be a long year defensively.

Last edited:
Special Teams A-. Would have been an A+ but Grant is scary out there and that onside kick didn't even give Miami a chance for recovery,

I've been for leaving Grant out of ST work for a while. He's very scary.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom